Windows 10: I tried to update to the First Windows 10 Major Update but...

Discus and support I tried to update to the First Windows 10 Major Update but... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried to update to the First Windows 10 Major Update but...[MEDIA] 29836 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by John Elmer, Nov 13, 2015.

1. I tried to update to the First Windows 10 Major Update but...

I tried to update to the First Windows 10 Major Update but...

:)

John Elmer, Nov 13, 2015

2. How to update Windows 10 Pro

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070422)

How To Update Windows 10 Pro, Nov 13, 2015
  3. Tried to downgrade but I couldn't find the back to windows 7 button

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Are you facing any issue in Windows 10?
    I would like to inform you that, if you bought the computer with Windows 10 pre-installed, then unfortunately you can't downgrade. You must perform a clean install with installation media for another version of Windows. Your files, settings, and programs
    will all be lost when you perform a clean install.

Sometimes, manufacturers include downgrade rights to an older operating system, so you may want to ask your PC manufacturer if you can buy installation media from them. Otherwise, you'll have to buy Windows 7 on your own.

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Nov 13, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

5. Im already Windows 10 but I can't do the update.

John Elmer, Nov 13, 2015
  6. Kyhi Win User
    from what I seen in your video
    You are trying to use the windows update feature...

Do the update manually via the iso download..

7. Is the link that you gave, the latest build?

John Elmer, Nov 13, 2015
  8. sn00ker Win User

Correction the link below also has the latest version 1511, build 10586

PS Make sure you click the Download Tool Now which will give you The Media Creation Tool . Afterwards you can choose for the latest version either iso or usb

Windows 10

sn00ker, Nov 13, 2015
  9. So I'll reinstall Windows?

John Elmer, Nov 14, 2015
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    No. Once you run the media creation tool you have a couple of options. One is "upgrade this PC now". That will download and run the upgrade, very similar to Windows Update.

Or you can create a USB flash drive directly. Then from inside windows 10 you will insert the flash drive - just like you were going to save a file from it. Open it in file explorer and run Setup.exe from it. That will start the upgrade.

Or you can save the ISO file. Right click on the saved ISO file and select Mount. This will open a new drive letter, like a DVD. Run setup.exe in the new drive letter that opens to start the upgrade.

All three options will upgrade your existing Windows 10.

NavyLCDR, Nov 14, 2015
  11. Do resetting the settings app can fix it?

John Elmer, Dec 11, 2015
  12. CmmTch Win User
    I'm in the same position as the OP, can't move from 10240 to the next build via WU regardless of what I do (have done many things to try an make it work via windows update, all to no avail) I've reached the point of using the Windows 10 site https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/soft...load/windows10 to upgrade to TH2 1511.

I have an iso downloaded, tried right clicking and mounted the iso, after the upgrade things were not right. Mostly with the display, the existing resolution 1600x900 wasn't even available, there were only 3 choices for resolution none of which were above 1024 range. Drivers didn't change it, used the USB to repair/reimage to get back to a useable W10.

Created a USB with the iso, tried booting from the USB and there were no choices to "upgrade" my existing W10 installation, just install W10, and asked for a product key. I closed that before it went any farther. This should be an upgrade, not an initial installation. I want to keep everything as it is today if that's possible, desktop, hardware settings, bookmarks, files, etc...

I want to try again using a different method, when I go to the page at the top there's a button marked "upgrade" will clicking this upgrade my existing W10 to the new 1511 version? I could download the MCT but if I have a bootable USB iso do I need the MCT to upgrade much like would happen with windows update?

CmmTch, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I tried to update to the First Windows 10 Major Update but... - Similar Threads - tried update Major

2. Major Issues With Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Major Issues With Windows 10 Update: I've tried what seems like everything and nothing has worked. My Windows REFUSES to update and I have no idea what could be wrong. When I run sfs scan it says I need to restart my pc so Ill do that but it just says it again after; It gives me this error notification when I...
  3. Major Issues With Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Major Issues With Windows 10 Update: I've tried what seems like everything and nothing has worked. My Windows REFUSES to update and I have no idea what could be wrong. When I run sfs scan it says I need to restart my pc so Ill do that but it just says it again after; It gives me this error notification when I...
  4. Major Issues With Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The first major Windows 11 Update may be released in Summer 2022

in Windows 10 News
    The first major Windows 11 Update may be released in Summer 2022: When Microsoft released Windows 11 in late 2021, it revealed plans to release one feature update per year for the operating system and increase the support lifecycle of each version. [ATTACH] Previously, the company released two feature updates per year for Windows 10, even...
  6. Major Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Major Windows Updates: My PC uses Windows 10/1903, AV = Avast, Firewall = ZoneAlarm Lengthy updates - Cumulative and Feature etc. which take a very long time to complete. Is it safer to turn off the AV and Firewall before installing the update ? Or is it OK to leave them on. ZoneAlarm is very...
  7. Major Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Major Windows Updates: My PC uses Windows 10/1903, AV = Avast, Firewall = ZoneAlarm Lengthy updates - Cumulative and Feature etc. which take a very long time to complete. Is it safer to turn off the AV and Firewall before installing the update ? Or is it OK to leave them on. 142322
  8. Major update

in Cortana
    Major update: Has Microsoft deserted cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/major-update/1adf607f-5c1f-4834-bcad-7f6986a25bd8"
  9. The new Office.com gets first major update

in Windows 10 News
    The new Office.com gets first major update: Back in April, we started rolling out a new Office 365 home page experience that provided a redesigned environment for commercial, education and home users to collaborate and work across every device. The update also delivered improved access to recent files and folders and...
  10. First Major Update for Windows 10 Available

in Windows 10 News
    First Major Update for Windows 10 Available: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Today, we reach our next milestone as the first major update to Windows 10 is now available* for PCs and tablets. With this update, there are improvements in all aspects of the platform...