Windows 10: I turned off ? Recently opened items

Discus and support I turned off ? Recently opened items in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I turned off show recently opened items in jump lists on start or the taskbar, and it works ? Someone please help me 121728 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ahmmad Hegazy, Nov 15, 2018.

1. I turned off ? Recently opened items

I turned off show recently opened items in jump lists on start or the taskbar, and it works ? Someone please help me

:)

Ahmmad Hegazy, Nov 15, 2018

2. "Recent Items" list vs Opening a folder for Recent Items

I turned off ? Recently opened items :) Hello all... I am not understanding how MS elected removed the list of recent files and replaced it with opening a folder to see the recent files. That is now a 2 step process because you have to close the folder. I used the "recent items" a lot and I miss it - I'm sure others do ass well.
    The solutions offered here only are partial, they only add the link to the start menu / jump lists, but those still open an actual folder which then has to be closed. If you open multiple files, then you have to close multiple folders. Odd...
    I'm not a programmer - but I'm thinking (hoping!) that someone around here may be knowledgeable enough to find a way to return the actual "Recent Items" list, without opening a folder.
    I'm thinking I may not be alone on this one...
    Thank you!!

sunnyorlando, Nov 15, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Recently Opened Items Bugs on Taskbar

Hi, you might find this helpful:
    Reset and Clear Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

or
    Turn On or Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials
    from the Tutorial section
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index | Windows 10 Tutorials

dalchina, Nov 15, 2018
  4. hamid3pnn Win User

I turned off ? Recently opened items

"Recent Items" list vs Opening a folder for Recent Items

thanks
    "Recent" is exist but my pinned jump list was 12 items and jump list Does not permit more than 12 items.

I turned off ? Recently opened items [​IMG]

hamid3pnn, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

I turned off ? Recently opened items

1. I turned off ? Recently opened items - Similar Threads - turned off Recently

2. Security Items Being Turned Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Items Being Turned Off: What would cause one or more security items in Security at a glance, to get turned?For nearly a year now I have been having issues with Windows 11 Start up, Restart, andShut down taking an extremely long time. After I reset my pc I have no issues with these.This starts after...
  3. Security Items Being Turned Off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Items Being Turned Off: What would cause one or more security items in Security at a glance, to get turned?For nearly a year now I have been having issues with Windows 11 Start up, Restart, andShut down taking an extremely long time. After I reset my pc I have no issues with these.This starts after...
  4. Can i turn off notification sounds for specific items?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can i turn off notification sounds for specific items?: I want to hear outlook notifications but not the others. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-turn-off-notification-sounds-for-specific/e88d7b64-4ebc-422e-9b3e-7030eeea4630
  5. Recently opened folders shows even though its turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recently opened folders shows even though its turned off: Hi! I hope i post this in the right section. Im new to Windows 10, coming from Windows 7. On my laptop running Windows 10 Home i have set the option for showing recently opened folders/programs to off. So when i right click a item on the task bar it shouldnt display recently...
  6. Recently Opened Items Bugs on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Recently Opened Items Bugs on Taskbar: Hey guys. Even i turning off "Show recently opened in Jump Lists or the taskbar" options on Setting my recently opened files, pictures, videos still showing when i right click the icon on taskbar. Is there anyway to force close this options? Because seems like it's bugged...
  7. Recently opened items not appearing in jump lists

in Windows 10 Support
    Recently opened items not appearing in jump lists: The recently-opened items are not appearing in start menu jump lists despite the correct setting (see sceenshot). Any advice? Thanks. [img] 42013
  8. Turn On or Off Auto-open Next Item in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto-open Next Item in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Turn On or Off Auto-open Next Item in Windows 10 Mail app How to Turn On or Off Auto-open Next Item in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with...
  9. Recent items still showing up after turning them off in settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent items still showing up after turning them off in settings: I have turned off the "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" setting, but I'm still getting the recent items when right clicking File Explorer in the taskbar. File Explorer seems to be the only place where the recent folders are shown. Does this...
  10. Turn On or Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off 'Recent Items' and 'Frequent Places' in Jump Lists in Windows 10 Recent items is a list of the files that you have used or opened recently. These items are displayed as "Recent...