Windows 10: I want to change my email associated with my laptop, but when I try to add an alias it says...

Discus and support I want to change my email associated with my laptop, but when I try to add an alias it says... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Hello, I originally used a G-mail account to sign in to my laptop when it was new. I found out later that it has used my e-mail to create the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by FIfti_nyc, Aug 30, 2019.

1. FIfti_nyc Win User

I want to change my email associated with my laptop, but when I try to add an alias it says...

I want to change my email associated with my laptop, but when I try to add an alias it says... fde84388-c569-4099-87d7-986e82f88f22?upload=true.png Hello,

I originally used a G-mail account to sign in to my laptop when it was new. I found out later that it has used my e-mail to create the User file account name, and I can't change the name on that account. The first part of the email I used was "iftiga.........@gmail.com" and now the User file shows "iftig", even though that is not my name. I would prefer it says my actual name like on my older laptops. I tried to change the User name manually but I can't for some reason. I then looked up a solution online and it said I should add an alias under the account that I want to use, and then change my preferred account into my "primary alias". I tried to do this but I keep getting an error saying that the account already exists.

Yes, I know it exists, I made the account myself! I want to add it to my computer and use it to sign in rather than use my G-mail account like I have been doing all this time. I suppose I get the error because I have some apps signed in with the e-mail that I want to use. However, I want to make sure I don't sign myself out of all those apps for no reason. So I ask you, what is the reason behind this error, and how do I fix it? Below, I have attached an image of that my user file name looks like and another image of the error I keep receiving.

I want to change my email associated with my laptop, but when I try to add an alias it says... 6b498072-c171-4d77-9cba-534cf5619f48?upload=true.png I want to change my email associated with my laptop, but when I try to add an alias it says... 21c8c1bd-aaf2-43a2-966d-0896c2b72af1?upload=true.png

:)

FIfti_nyc, Aug 30, 2019

2. Email Alias

I have a primary email alias that i no longer have access to. In following the steps to create a new one, I run into one major issue.

I'm prompted that for security reasons I have to verify my existing email alias, which again I do not have access to, prior to creating a new one.

How can I get past this issue and add a new alias?

The email address i intend to use is already set up to receive security alerts and I can verify the phone number associated with it but so far i've had no luck or leeway in this.

G0DZ R1TE HAND, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Unable to change primary alias - Microsoft Account

Hi John,

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with you are unable to change the primary alias for your Microsoft account on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

I would like to provide you with the information that
    an account alias is an email address or phone number that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account. You can have multiple aliases, and use any of them with Microsoft services such as Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive,
    Office, Xbox, Windows and more.

Your primary alias appears on devices such as your Xbox, Surface, and Windows Phone, and is the email OneDrive sends from when you share. You can choose a different alias to be the primary one at any time.

An alias is also the best way to change your email, but keep all your mail.
    Add an alias, then make the new alias primary. Then you can
    keep or remove the original alias.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

Note: The email alias at the top of the list without a Make primary link is your current primary alias.

• Uncheck the Send me promotional offers from Microsoft box if you like, and click/tap on Yes to confirm.
    You may also try the following steps given below and check if that helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Account>Your Account.
    • In the right pane, click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Provide your current Microsoft Account Password.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • You can leave the Enter Password option empty, however, it is highly recommended to keep a password on your system to keep it safe.

For reference:

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Microsoft account help

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/microsoft-account

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Aug 30, 2019
  4. I want to change my email associated with my laptop, but when I try to add an alias it says...

Changing the email account associated with Windows 10.

Hi,

The option to change your email account, deleting, and deactivating the account might affect the subscription that you have, it may also affect programs and apps associated with the account. If your current email address doesn’t suit you anymore, we suggest
    to add an alias to your existing Microsoft account. This alias is another email address that is synced and will work with the account that you have right now. You can refer to this article to
    Change the email for your Microsoft account.

If you have other queries feel free to ask us.

Arthur Rui, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

I want to change my email associated with my laptop, but when I try to add an alias it says...

1. I want to change my email associated with my laptop, but when I try to add an alias it says... - Similar Threads - change email associated

2. I want to change my alias but it is not accepting my gmail account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to change my alias but it is not accepting my gmail account.: Hi there,I am trying to add another Windows alias, but it is not accepting my gmail account: "This address was already used. Choose another."Why is that???...
  3. I want to change my alias but it is not accepting my gmail account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change my alias but it is not accepting my gmail account.: Hi there,I am trying to add another Windows alias, but it is not accepting my gmail account: "This address was already used. Choose another."Why is that???...
  4. I want to change my alias but it is not accepting my gmail account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. When I try to log in it says my email address doesn't exist, when I try to add it as an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to log in it says my email address doesn't exist, when I try to add it as an...: I can't log into my Microsoft account. I have a family account I manage my children in thru that account. I have been kicked out of my email amd the message states my email doesn't exist. When I try to add it as an alias to a different account says its already part of another...
  6. When I try to log in it says my email address doesn't exist, when I try to add it as an...

When I try to log in it says my email address doesn't exist, when I try to add it as an...: I can't log into my Microsoft account. I have a family account I manage my children in thru that account. I have been kicked out of my email amd the message states my email doesn't exist. When I try to add it as an alias to a different account says its already part of another...
  7. When I try to log in it says my email address doesn't exist, when I try to add it as an...

8. want to change my email alias to primary email how do I do it

want to change my email alias to primary email how do I do it: want to change my email alias to primary email how do I do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-change-my-email-alias-to-primary-email-how/f2260d22-4bb0-42d2-9713-ce95bfbbe50a
  9. want to change my email alias to primary email how do I do it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    want to change my email alias to primary email how do I do it: want to change my email alias to primary email how do I do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-change-my-email-alias-to-primary-email-how/f2260d22-4bb0-42d2-9713-ce95bfbbe50a
  10. want to change my email alias to primary email how do I do it