Windows 10: I would like to have a definitive Answer, please.

Discus and support I would like to have a definitive Answer, please. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Scenario: Computer A is upgraded from a genuine Win 7 or 8 to Windows 10. Activated and digital entitled. A bootable media is created. I change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by davidhk, Jun 5, 2016.

1. davidhk Win User

I would like to have a definitive Answer, please.

Scenario:
    Computer A is upgraded from a genuine Win 7 or 8 to Windows 10. Activated and digital entitled.
    A bootable media is created.

I change Computer A's motherboard to a new one but not the same make and model.
    I then use the same bootable media to reinstall Windows 10 onto Computer A.

Questions :
    1. Can reinstalling Windows 10 actually be done this way ?
    2. If yes, will the reinstalled Windows 10 be activated automatically ?

My understanding is.......................... No, it does not get activated automatically.
    New mobo = new computer.
    Installing Windows 10 into a new mobo with nothing in it will not get activated automatically because the digital entitlement is not in effect. There is none.
    I might be able to talk to MS to get the system activated, but no guarantees.

You answer please.

:)

davidhk, Jun 5, 2016
  2. MaximCote Win User

I would like a definitive answer as opposed to speculations, will there be a patch for windows phone 7 that will enable ms point purchases in the phone's market place.? And in Canada?

i have read the available threads.

nothing Clear. was stated about microsoft's intentions in this topic.

it is obliviously making custumers of 3 MS services un-happy( Zune Xbox Wp7).

seems to be an easy fix... you give 2 payment options in the xbox marketplace And Zune market place.

why not simply adapt the same conversions ?

a point converson should not affect the devellopers since points are MS money.... once bought and spent microsoft sold the same product as the one that could have been purchased by a credit card. wich they could simply credit to the devellopers with a equal
    currency value.ex..( 2800msp= 39.99$)

i dont see how the wp7 dev team could be so packed with work anyway as i havent seen any new content for my phone's market place since i have occured it.

wouldnt a simple day or 2 be able to generate an update to allow this?If people were put ot it?

Wouldnt microsft benifit of more game and app purchases by ms points?

why should only credit card holders be reserved for the wp7 content?

most holders of this phone are probly to young to have a credit card anyway. but anyone can buy ms points.

you have No reason NOT to fix this.....

MaximCote, Jun 5, 2016
  3. Entegy Win User
    I would like a definitive answer as opposed to speculations, will there be a patch for windows phone 7 that will enable ms point purchases in the phone's market place.? And in Canada?

You're not going to get answers here for that. This is a user support forum, not an announcement forum or a channel in which things are announced.

And apps are added to the marketplace every day, including in Canada's store.

Entegy, Jun 5, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello David, *Smile

Yes, that is correct.

New motherboard = new computer, and will not automatically update. You may have to activate by phone if it will not activate online when you manually enter the product key.

Activate Windows 10

Brink, Jun 5, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Thank you.

But ...............when you manually enter the product key.
    What product key you were referring to ?
    It is a free Win 10 upgrade variety. We don't get a Win 10 product key.

davidhk, Jun 5, 2016
  6. RWOne Win User
    Let me add to this as it happened to my main rig.

If that system with win 10 and changed motherboard is not out of 30 days, you can revert it back to windows 7 (with whatever driver issues you would have to deal with being a motherboard change).

And then take the update again, it will hold at that point.

RWOne, Jun 5, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Sorry. You confuse me.
    ....................If that system with win 10 and changed motherboard is not out of 30 days, you can revert it back to windows 7.........................

How is that possible if the new mobo has no Win 7 in it ?
    Or you meant...................... reinstall Win 7 > then upgrade again ?

davidhk, Jun 5, 2016
  8. RWOne Win User

motherboards don't have any OS, Hard Drives do ... timeline:

Computer with win 7 updated to win 10. Ran two weeks, motherboard died.

Motherboard changed, boot and win 10 no longer activates.

Revert non-activated windows 10 BACK to windows 7 (was still given as an option as I was only two weeks into having 10 on it when motherboard died)

Ensured driver issues with new board are good on 7 that it reverted to (but had nothing about the new board, lots of new device discovered on boot)

Re-took update to windows 10.

Done.

Now, if the upgrade done went over 30 days and a motherboard or other hardware component died and was replaced causing a non activation, then you would not be able to revert the upgrade like the above. At that point you save data, reinstall win 7 and take the update back to 10.

RWOne, Jun 5, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    Thank you.
    That is contrary to what I understand.
    Obviously I understood wrongly.

davidhk, Jun 5, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    Oh, you meant using windows.old to go back.
    OK.

davidhk, Jun 5, 2016
  11. RWOne Win User
    Yes, but that has to exist as an option for you do do so.... normally that get's killed after 30 days for the retail versions (don't know about insider versions)

RWOne, Jun 5, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    Just read this thread.

How do we explain this ?
    Just when I thought my question was settled.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I would like to have a definitive Answer, please. - Similar Threads - definitive Answer please

2. It is difficult for me to type..I would like to speak to a live living human. Please I have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It is difficult for me to type..I would like to speak to a live living human. Please I have...: I need someone to speak to...my system has been hacked...please this is very very frustrating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-is-difficult-for-me-to-typei-would-like-to/4cfaad8d-601f-4f7e-bf15-c7d2a5487bd1
  3. i would like a refund for msfs please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i would like a refund for msfs please: i dont have the fastest pc, msfs is just a xbox game, its not what i want could you please refund for msfs thank you david haynes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-a-refund-for-msfs-please/e6f302b1-7f23-4600-b284-65c9bc9f2615
  4. i would like a refund for msfs please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i would like a refund for msfs please: i dont have the fastest pc, msfs is just a xbox game, its not what i want could you please refund for msfs thank you david haynes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-a-refund-for-msfs-please/e6f302b1-7f23-4600-b284-65c9bc9f2615
  5. I would like to receive a specific, detailed, official answer about the SSD-related...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I would like to receive a specific, detailed, official answer about the SSD-related...: As I described in the title: I would like to receive a specific, detailed, official answer about the SSD-related defragmentation procedure of the Microsoft Windows 10/11 operating systems.I would like the detailed description to cover e.g. about the defragmentation program...
  6. Please answer this

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Please answer this: I asked a question about my pin error I had an answer but I couldn't do it.. I was too confused... Can anyone guide me through this problem please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-my-pin/533bcb4d-3d92-4c8b-8cc5-05cf3ce73d58...
  7. I have the answer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have the answer: Got this in a minidump debug. Take this and go for it. mwac.sys *code:: SYMBOL_NAME: mwac+12715MODULE_NAME: mwacIMAGE_NAME: mwac.sysSTACK_COMMAND: .thread ; .cxr ; kbBUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 12715FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x133_DPC_mwac!unknown_functionOS_VERSION:...
  8. I have solved a problem that someone had and I would like to answer even if the thread is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have solved a problem that someone had and I would like to answer even if the thread is...: I had a problem, I googled to solve it but I did not find the answer and now that I have solved it by my own means I want to give the answer to the rest of the people who have the same problem....
  9. I would like to have help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I would like to have help: not really sure if this is in right windows topic but correct my wrongs lets start off for the last few 2-3 days my cmd has been popping up saying Too many arguments in command line. The process tried to write to a nonexistent pipe. FINDSTR: Cannot open...
  10. Have an sign in photo that I would like to delete

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Have an sign in photo that I would like to delete: Hi, Have an sign in photo that I would like to delete and don't know how to. Any advice appeciated. 112093