Windows 10: Icon staying pinned to taskbar

Discus and support Icon staying pinned to taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I pin messenger icon to my taskbar - it stays for a couple of hours then disappears. How do I get it to stay? I have clicked pin to taskbar and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by scps67, Mar 26, 2020 at 11:27 AM.

1. scps67 Win User

Icon staying pinned to taskbar

I pin messenger icon to my taskbar - it stays for a couple of hours then disappears.

How do I get it to stay?

I have clicked pin to taskbar and it stays then goes.

I want it to stay

:)

2. Icons will not stay pinned to Taskbar

We suggest doing a clean install instead, since other steps provided did not work. Click
    here to know how to perform a clean install.

We'll wait for the result.

3. jj2016 Win User
    Pin Program Icon to Taskbar Permanently

By reset clearing, I meant the suggestion at the bottom of that thread.
    Taskbar Pinned Apps - Reset and Clear in Windows 10

I have done a,b,c. With safe mode new user and normal mode new user, the icon doesn't stay for any programs.
    With my main account, safe mode and normal mode, icon doesn't stay for any programs, except for Chrome's icon which stays in normal mode.

4. Albeeone Win User

OneDrive files won't stay pinned to taskbar

If a pin an excel files that is saved in my OneDrive folder to the pinned excel files list in the taskbar, once I open that file it disappears from the pinned list. This only happens with files saved in the OneDrive folder. Any files saved in my documents
    remain pinned to the taskbar. How can I get the OneDrive files to stay pinned? They stayed pinned before but just started disappearing this last week.

Thema:

1. Icon staying pinned to taskbar - Similar Threads - Icon staying pinned

2. Tiles and Icons Not Staying Pinned

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tiles and Icons Not Staying Pinned: Totally bizarre problem and wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing? We've got a reasonably small network with approx 30 workstations and 3 Servers. Users can pin icons to their start menu and tiles, no problem. They can also pin icons to the taskbar, no...
  3. Invisible, Pinned (but not pinned) Icon on Taskbar?

Invisible, Pinned (but not pinned) Icon on Taskbar?: Hi, I'm having an issue where an invisible, nonfunctional icon for Dell Mobile Connect is pinned on the taskbar but there is no way to unpin it. Here is a screenshot of the issue (after right-clicking on the icon): [ATTACH] Tried rebooting and restarting Explorer and...
  4. Pinning Battery Life Icon to Taskbar

Pinning Battery Life Icon to Taskbar: How do I pin the battery life icon back onto my taskbar. It vanished off of there, don't recall removing it. Tried searching in the settings, but haven't had any luck. Anyone know?...
  5. Grouping Pinned Taskbar Icons

Grouping Pinned Taskbar Icons: Hello: When I first upgraded to Windows 10, I started playing around with the taskbar. I found a way to manually "group" the icons I had previously pinned. For example, I could group various Office ions. (E.g., Word; Excel). I recall also having a group for...
  6. Performance of Pinned Chrome Icon in Taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Performance of Pinned Chrome Icon in Taskbar: I just reinstalled Windows 10, and Chrome's behavior has changed. Previously, when I clicked on the pinned Chrome icon in the taskbar and a Chrome tab opened, the original pinned icon was the only Chrome icon on the taskbar; and if I clicked on that original icon, I returned...
  7. pin shortcuts to the firefox icon in taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    pin shortcuts to the firefox icon in taskbar: I have always had shortcuts pinned to my Firefox icon in my taskbar like windows 10 forum,the login for my work place, you tube,ETC.but the short cuts are gone on my windows 32 they are still on my win.64 ..When I drag a short to my win.32 Firefox Icon in taskbar it says pen...
  8. Change the icon of a gadget pinned to the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the icon of a gadget pinned to the taskbar?: Using Windows 10's Weather gadget as an example, it directly allows you to pin it to the Start Menu. But I wanted it pinned to the taskbar instead, so I managed to find the menu with all the gadges and was allowed from there to copy a shortcut to the desktop. So far so good....
  9. Pin Program Icon to Taskbar Permanently

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin Program Icon to Taskbar Permanently: As you can see in the picture below, when I click the Firefox icon, it disappears. Instead, I want it to be there permanently. How to achieve this? [img] 86415
  10. Chrome not staying pinned to taskbar, always in Recently Added

in Windows 10 Support
    Chrome not staying pinned to taskbar, always in Recently Added: Just as the title says, the Chrome shortcut isn't staying pinned to the taskbar. Something of note is that upon logging in, it's there for a few moments, only to remove itself. It's also reappearing on the Recently Added list in the start menu upon startup, even though I've...