Windows 10: IE 11 Crashing

Discus and support IE 11 Crashing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, Hoping somebody could help me with this Happening quite often, 5 times today, very annoying I don't have alot of information other then... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by skeetz, Aug 4, 2016.

1. skeetz Win User

IE 11 Crashing

Hi,

Hoping somebody could help me with this

Happening quite often, 5 times today, very annoying
    I don't have alot of information other then event viewer
    and sfc outcome Windows Resource Protection did not
    find any integrity violations.

Event Viewer

Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 11.0.10586.494, time stamp: 0x5775e793
    Faulting module name: MSVCR90.dll, version: 9.0.30729.9177, time stamp: 0x5615f352
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000019353
    Faulting process id: 0x1070
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d1ee89f3db516b
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.9177_none_08e695a3a83b6ce3\MSV CR90.dll
    Report Id: 0e82d8f1-bb95-4e96-9dcc-fb567ff41bbb
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Thanks!

:)

skeetz, Aug 4, 2016
  2. Eric Ber Win User

IE 11 crashes

To assist you better, kindly answer these questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Is there any update after you try the troubleshooting steps that we have provided?
    • Have you tried to update your Windows and see if you will still experience the same issue?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Aug 4, 2016
  3. Rosie_db Win User
    IE 11 crashes

Hi Eric,

Thank you for replying on my above query.

I will surely try the above solution.

I just have one question regarding this issue. While searching in google about this issue I came across one

site where they have mention similar error.

In that they have mention that this error is due to
    Atlthunk.dll library and Microsoft has confirmed that this is a bug and It should be fixed in Windows 10 RS2. Also there will be no fixed for older OS version.

you can find it in below url

Random crashes on Windows 10 64bit with ATL subclassing

If that is the case has the fixed been released by Microsoft, and for which OS version?

Thanks for your help IE 11 Crashing :)

Rosy

Rosie_db, Aug 4, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

IE 11 Crashing

essenbe, Aug 4, 2016
  5. torre Win User
    Are you running the anniversary update 1607 ? Try to reset as essenbe suggests If not, then:

Possible that an add-on or software may be causing the issue. Disable any add-on to see if that makes a difference. Software incompatibility should have been identified when you installed Win10, unless you have added something later.

torre, Aug 4, 2016
  6. essenbe Win User
    Resetting should disable all add ons. I just did mine today, so can't say for sure, but uninstalling/reinstalling seems to have helped me. I know it has certainly made it better.

essenbe, Aug 4, 2016
  7. skeetz Win User
    Thanks everyone for the help....I've done the reset and system restore to no avail...I have
    not checked any add-ons at this time

Are you running the anniversary update 1607 .. No I d/l update but have not installed it

Very frustrating and annoying

skeetz, Aug 4, 2016
  8. essenbe Win User

IE 11 Crashing

I am running 1607, 14393.10 I have found the solutions I recommended do not solve the problem, but they make it much better. I'm still testing it, but it almost seems any site that has a video crashes it. Other sites do not. But, as I said, still trying to figure out what is causing it.

essenbe, Aug 4, 2016
  9. Cliff S New Member
    It could be your Windows side by side(WinSxS) folder needs cleaning out.
    See my thread here for information on how to do it: Solved Internet Explorer Crashing - Windows 10 Forums

Cliff S, Aug 4, 2016
  10. skeetz Win User
    essenbe you are absolutely correct...it appears when I access my video playlist on you tube
    it constantly crashes...and this has never happened in the past.....something that just started
    few weeks back...in the meantime I guess I will have to live with it until there is a fix

Cliff I will definitely try your suggestion

Thanks to everyone for your input!

skeetz, Aug 4, 2016
  11. Cliff S New Member
    *Thumbs

Cliff S, Aug 4, 2016
  12. tracit99 Win User
    Not sure what is going on with IE 11 in Windows 7, 8.1 and 10. I have tried several different "fixes" but none seem to get to the root cause of the problem. I get multiple IE 11 Recover Webpage errors daily in all the versions of Windows listed above. This just started about two months ago and I have yet to find the reason this is happening.

tracit99, Aug 4, 2016
  13. adamson Win User

IE 11 Crashing

This just started in Windows 10 IE after the Anniversary Update, upgrade keep all done, other clean...both type installs have rendered IE useless. Fine work by Microsoft, I expected them to get it right...guess not. Use Firefox people for work around.

adamson, Aug 4, 2016
  14. aaron158 Win User
    ya my ie 11 has been crashing none stop after the anniversary update. this update was released today Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3176495) one of the things it said it did was improved Reliability in ie11 but its still crashing.

aaron158, Aug 9, 2016
  15. Phone Man Win User
    I have been getting the Recover Webpage since I upgraded to 1607. Never got them before and IE 11 is my default browse. I am now on 14393.51 and still get errors. I tried a reset but no joy. Trying to narrow it down but every time I think it is fixed it happens again.

Annoying but I am living with it for now. I use Norton password manager and that is broken on FF and not available on EDGE and I will not use Chrome. So mudding along for now.

Jim *cry

Phone Man, Aug 15, 2016
Thema:

IE 11 Crashing

1. IE 11 Crashing - Similar Threads - Crashing

2. Pc Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc Crashes: Hello, These last few days i have had a lot of problems with my PC, Whenever i enter a game my pc just shuts down after 2 minutes and my fans start going very fast and i need to hold down the power button on my pc in order to shut down the pc and restart it. When i look in...
  3. Pc Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc Crashes: Hello, These last few days i have had a lot of problems with my PC, Whenever i enter a game my pc just shuts down after 2 minutes and my fans start going very fast and i need to hold down the power button on my pc in order to shut down the pc and restart it. When i look in...
  4. Windows keeps crashing, Critical Structure Corruption.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps crashing, Critical Structure Corruption.: Hey, a few weeks ago I reset windows completely I also installed some new RAM and started fresh. Since then, my computer has been crashing randomly with CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION as the stop code. I know these stop codes can be pretty vague, so I took the liberty of...
  5. Windows keeps crashing, Critical Structure Corruption.

Windows keeps crashing, Critical Structure Corruption.: Hey, a few weeks ago I reset windows completely I also installed some new RAM and started fresh. Since then, my computer has been crashing randomly with CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION as the stop code. I know these stop codes can be pretty vague, so I took the liberty of...
  6. Windows won't update, settings app crashing, Microsoft Store apps not downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't update, settings app crashing, Microsoft Store apps not downloading: For some reason I decided to run driverpack on my pc more than a month ago and as a result it installed a bunch of random software including but not limited to Opera and an app named "Weather". I caught on and stopped driverpack and ran McAfee which detected the threats and...
  7. Windows won't update, settings app crashing, Microsoft Store apps not downloading

Windows won't update, settings app crashing, Microsoft Store apps not downloading: For some reason I decided to run driverpack on my pc more than a month ago and as a result it installed a bunch of random software including but not limited to Opera and an app named "Weather". I caught on and stopped driverpack and ran McAfee which detected the threats and...
  8. Windows won't update, settings app crashing, Microsoft Store apps not downloading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. System Keeps Crashing While playing and streaming games online .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Keeps Crashing While playing and streaming games online .: AppNameAUDIODG.EXEAppVersion10.0.22621.3527AppTimeStamp8ee10badModuleNameucrtbase.dllModuleVersion10.0.22621.3374ModuleTimeStampdf382650ExceptionCodec0000409FaultingOffset000000000007dfc8ProcessId0xd9cProcessCreationTime0x1da97b16bb967a1AppPathC:\Windows\system32\AUDIODG.EXEMo...
  10. System Keeps Crashing While playing and streaming games online .

System Keeps Crashing While playing and streaming games online .: AppNameAUDIODG.EXEAppVersion10.0.22621.3527AppTimeStamp8ee10badModuleNameucrtbase.dllModuleVersion10.0.22621.3374ModuleTimeStampdf382650ExceptionCodec0000409FaultingOffset000000000007dfc8ProcessId0xd9cProcessCreationTime0x1da97b16bb967a1AppPathC:\Windows\system32\AUDIODG.EXEMo...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ie crashing win 1903