Windows 10: IE 11 does not open

Discus and support IE 11 does not open in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I tried clicking on IE on the task bar (where I pinned it. I also tried it in all apps - windows accessories. The only options on task bar are... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rees, Dec 8, 2015.

1. rees Win User

IE 11 does not open

I tried clicking on IE on the task bar (where I pinned it. I also tried it in all apps - windows accessories. The only options on task bar are "internet explorer" and unpin. The options in second location are unpin from start menu, more (unpin from taskbar, run as administrator, open file location ), uninstall

2. jds63 Win User

We have tried just about every solutions most will try to resolve this IE issue, i can not think of any others even from researching it.

Mine here

IE 11 does not open [​IMG]

jds63, Dec 10, 2015
  3. jds63 Win User
    Few other suggestions

Try Safe Mode even though will not get internet access, but to see if IE loads
    Choose Option # 1 https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

This will just let me know if a third party software is blocking or causing IE from loading

Different type of safe mode disabling the browsers add-ons.
    Not sure if this works in Windows 10, but similar to what you did when you reset it in Internet Options, can try it as it will disable all add-ons in IE

Starting Internet Explorer in 'SafeMode

Open a 'Command Prompt' window
    Type cd/ to get a blank C: prompt
    Type in "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff (where C: is your local drive)

jds63, Dec 10, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

IE 11 does not open

Last resort would be a reset of Windows 10. In this case if some software you put back after the reset is doing this won't be worth the trouble.

jds63, Dec 10, 2015
  5. rees Win User
    Heres some good news: I was able to open explorer 11 in safe mode! still doesnt open in normal mode. any more ideas?

6. jds63 Win User
    Then i believe some other software is causing this to happen. Which one is hard to determine, it can be another browser and possibly Chrome. SFC showed no corruption. How did the DISM command show ? As i do not know software your system has on it to figure which one is doing it. Can you open Task Manager, do this by right clicking the taskbar and select it there. Look under the Tab called Startup, do you have a lot of items shown to be enabled ?

Although i also have Norton and no issues with IE not working it is a possibility it can be causing an issue.
    Also run a full system scan with it to check for Virus or Malware.

jds63, Dec 10, 2015
  7. rees Win User
    "How did the DISM command show ?" Not sure what you are looking for here. Not sure what the product should be. There was 20% at bottom of the page when it apparently was finished.

Can you open Task Manager, do this by right clicking the taskbar and select it there. Look under the Tab called Startup, do you have a lot of items shown to be enabled ? 31 items I disabled one (APC backup monitor) that was showing twice.

Will run full scan with norton

8. jds63 Win User

IE 11 does not open

jds63, Dec 11, 2015
  9. jds63 Win User
    Do you know how to disable all those startup items like you did the 1 APC ? I want you to disable all of them temporarily so you can try IE ?
    Then after all is disabled try IE and let me know if it works. From the Task Manager Startup Tab.

jds63, Dec 11, 2015
  10. rees Win User
    I can try running DISM again when the norton scan is finished. I will look thru and remove some of the startup items. What number is a reasonable number of startup items?

11. jds63 Win User
    All the startups i want to find out if any of them are causing this issue, so disable all now, then try IE. Do not worry can easily renable them. Forget DISM for now.

jds63, Dec 11, 2015
  12. rees Win User
    I have disabled all start up items but Ie does not open.

13. jds63 Win User

IE 11 does not open

O.k. you can renable them, but for reasons mentioned before you should limit the amount of startup items. Since i do not know what you have starting up i can not advise you on which to disable. As we can tell now none of those are causing this issue, but something on the system is, software, software driver. Look at the Details Tab in Task Manager you will see all running processes. Not sure which one it can be not seeing what you have on your PC, not like there is a list i can get that can tell you which software or driver would and which would not cause IE problems.

jds63, Dec 11, 2015
  14. rees Win User
    I have been looking thru the details page. I ended many items that were related to programs that I am familiar with. I have been periodically trying IE browser, so far without success.

15. jds63 Win User
    My only other thoughts is, it is another program or software driver conflicting with IE which is odd since other browsers work fine, even MS Edge, because it works in safe mode, by disabling most of these. One thought is to uninstall Chrome, had seen one situation with it, even security suite but that does not uninstall easily. Not easy because we have tried just about everything possible that is most commonly used for this issue and there is not to many other ideas to try.

jds63, Dec 11, 2015
Thema:

IE 11 does not open

1. IE 11 does not open - Similar Threads - does open

2. Does anyone know how to fix this problem, so everytime i open roblox only on opera gx it...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Does anyone know how to fix this problem, so everytime i open roblox only on opera gx it...: Its only inverted colors on opera gx, when I open roblox on google its not inverted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-know-how-to-fix-this-problem-so/639dc5ba-764c-4936-b0bb-9a1aaeade63b
  3. Does anyone know how to fix this problem, so everytime i open roblox only on opera gx it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know how to fix this problem, so everytime i open roblox only on opera gx it...: Its only inverted colors on opera gx, when I open roblox on google its not inverted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-know-how-to-fix-this-problem-so/639dc5ba-764c-4936-b0bb-9a1aaeade63b
  4. Does anyone know how to fix this problem, so everytime i open roblox only on opera gx it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes...: I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes the layout of words on pages. How do I open exactly what I scanned...
  6. I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes...

I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes...: I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes the layout of words on pages. How do I open exactly what I scanned...
  7. Double click does not open documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click does not open documents: I have Version 22H2OSBuild 19045.4170 when I double click my documents no longer open up. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-does-not-open-documents/890ff505-0c0a-4811-a25b-4ada9432051d
  8. Double click does not open documents

Double click does not open documents: I have Version 22H2OSBuild 19045.4170 when I double click my documents no longer open up. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-does-not-open-documents/890ff505-0c0a-4811-a25b-4ada9432051d
  9. Double click does not open documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. What does Windows Explorer and /or google Chrome keep randomly 1- 5 openings reverting to a...

What does Windows Explorer and /or google Chrome keep randomly 1- 5 openings reverting to a...: What does te Windows Explorer and /or google Chrome keep randomly 1- 5 openings reverting to a 'dark' setting when previous set at 'Light'.This has been happening for the past 14 months since receiveing a new HP Elitebook Spec: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42...