Windows 10: If forced Updates annoy you, you should upgrade to 1903.

Discus and support If forced Updates annoy you, you should upgrade to 1903. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Personally, I've had no issues with Windows forcing an update onto me in the past but this is still nice to see. On 1903, it seems like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/therealsh0rti, Oct 29, 2019.

1. If forced Updates annoy you, you should upgrade to 1903.

If forced Updates annoy you, you should upgrade to 1903. eCqQa-wuHUwhnWpkbXLwkuzvtZRpU0FonCaUSifaZmE.jpg

Personally, I've had no issues with Windows forcing an update onto me in the past but this is still nice to see.

On 1903, it seems like Windows doesn't even download updates during the active hours any more. It shows you which updates are available and waits until you click "Download". In addition, certain updates are once again marked as optional and won't be downloaded until you manually tell Windows to do so.

https://preview.redd.it/cbhm7cuoyzj...bp&s=e0200a24527a8f3afe26497697b753afd85620f7

Also, 1903 also introduces features like completely pausing the update service for a set number of days. Perfect for anyone that was previously annoyed by Windows just installing updates as soon as they come in.

submitted by /u/therealsh0rti
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/therealsh0rti, Oct 29, 2019
  2. varxtis Win User

Cannot update to 1903

O_O thats a lot of steps. Starting in a few mins. Quick question though:
    You list a set of instructions for "Windows 10 iso as an in place upgrade repair" with links, and then you included a box for "Routine troubleshooting steps" with 13 steps including links.

Which should I be following first?

PLEASE don't hate me for asking this as this just occurred to me. Should I try the update in Safe mode? I downloaded the MediaCreationTool 1903, but it wasn't successful in doing the update, nor was it successful in creating Usb install.

varxtis, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 30, 2019
  4. APoL0x Win User

If forced Updates annoy you, you should upgrade to 1903.

Annoying issue with tiles in Start Menu in 1903

Hi, I've recently updated to 1903 from 1809 and now I've found an annoying issue with tiles in Start Menu that I didn't have before in 1809:

If forced Updates annoy you, you should upgrade to 1903. [​IMG]

I can't move those tiles up like I had before. I've tried reseting Start Menu layout to default with a .reg file and I've tried solving Start Menu problems with the Microsoft Start Menu fixing tool. Nothing works. Any suggestions?

APoL0x, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

If forced Updates annoy you, you should upgrade to 1903.

1. If forced Updates annoy you, you should upgrade to 1903. - Similar Threads - forced Updates annoy

2. Should you update this in your computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should you update this in your computer?: do you need to update this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-you-update-this-in-your-computer/1285d2c5-3b4c-4260-8b5b-b452dbf3f03a
  3. Should you update this in your computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should you update this in your computer?: do you need to update this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-you-update-this-in-your-computer/1285d2c5-3b4c-4260-8b5b-b452dbf3f03a
  4. Should you upgrade to Windows 11 for gaming?

in Windows 10 News
    Should you upgrade to Windows 11 for gaming?: Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system has been out for almost two weeks at this point. The operating system is available via Windows Update on compatible devices only, but can also be downloaded and installed on devices that do not meet Windows 11's minimal system...
  5. Windows 7, should you upgrade?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7, should you upgrade?: On the topic of using a Windows 7 machine and deciding whether or not to upgrade to windows 10, I've come to some conclusions. If you plan on purchasing a new computer that has windows 10 installed to replace your old windows 7 machine that's fine, but if You're using a...
  6. Windows 7, should you upgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7, should you upgrade?: On the topic of using a Windows 7 machine and deciding whether or not to upgrade to windows 10, I've come to some conclusions. If you plan on purchasing a new computer that has windows 10 installed to replace your old windows 7 machine that's fine, but if You're using a...
  7. Windows 7, should you upgrade?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How is the Windows 11 gaming performance? Should you upgrade if you are a gamer?

in Windows 10 News
    How is the Windows 11 gaming performance? Should you upgrade if you are a gamer?: Windows 11 is the talk of the town, having been released yesterday. Have you upgraded to the new OS? Gamers will have a question about it, no they aren't going to ask, can it run Game XYZ? The real concern is, how is the gaming performance in Windows 11? Is it worth sticking...
  9. Does Windows force you to upgrade to a newer version?

Does Windows force you to upgrade to a newer version?: Friend of mine on a Dell laptop (his business laptop) just got a message trying to schedule an "upgrade" to a newer version. This is kind of urgent. I knew that Microsoft forced updates upon us, but I had no idea they also forced version upgrades. Has anyone had any...
  10. You have no right to force update

You have no right to force update: The forcefulness of Windows Update is unacceptable. A real cancer to my experience. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-have-no-right-to-force-update/e7b96b70-4c33-4117-92f7-46a677db52f5