Windows 10: I'm down to the last thing that I need to address

Discus and support I'm down to the last thing that I need to address in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I spent a lot of hours doing all the housekeeping windows 10 needed. Everything turned out great with the help of you all. I'm down to the (POP UP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Raner, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Raner Win User

I'm down to the last thing that I need to address

I spent a lot of hours doing all the housekeeping windows 10 needed.
    Everything turned out great with the help of you all.
    I'm down to the (POP UP that rely bugs the heck out of me. For most people this is most likely not a big deal.
    But as for me it is the most annoying pop up in windows 10.
    It is very aggravating for me when I'm working on an app and every-time I go to open folder location to check something, then tick OK when I'm done, I get this Pop Up:

I'm down to the last thing that I need to address [​IMG]

I've been reading a lot of how too's on getting rid of this annoying pop up.
    I did a search here, there is a lot of information, but so far this is the only way I found that will get rid of it, But I'm not out of the woods yet.

I can get rid of it by setting this to disable...

But when I do then the "luafv" gets blocked...Error... (Some Metro Apps will not function)
    I read some where to change "Start to 4" and the error will disappear.
    But I don't know what metro apps this will effect on a desk top computer if any.

Has anyone found a simple solution to get rid of this annoying pop up, that does not effect any other programs...
    I'm the only person that gets on this PC, I don't care it I have to disable every single safety feature to get rid of
    this pop up...
    If anyone resolved this same issue on there computer, Please paste the link ...
    Thanks...

:)

Raner, Jul 2, 2017

2. I need to correct the email address that I entered on my windows live account on my phone.

I need to correct the email address that I entered on my windows live account on my phone. I cannot find a way to access my account information and update it. When I get to my account the only thing that I can update is my name. The email address is
    the one that windows live would use to contact me if they needed to send me information to recover my password, etc.

Denise-1987, Jul 2, 2017
  3. Entegy Win User
    I need to correct the email address that I entered on my windows live account on my phone.

On your computer, log into
    account.live.com
    and click "Change" next to the email address. Once you've updated and verified the email address change, go on your phone and go to Settings>about>reset your phone. This will clear out your phone and start from scratch. Log into your phone
    with the ID you used before, but of course your new email address.

The reason for the hard reset is because you cannot update the email address on the Windows Live account on the phone. You have to reset the phone. However, because it's the same Live ID, you can just redownload all your apps for free, as well as restore your
    contacts and calendars.

Entegy, Jul 2, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Jul 2, 2017
  5. Raner Win User
    NavyLCDR

I did that a long time ago... But the pop up did not go away...
    Thanks for the comeback...

Raner, Jul 2, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Seems like you have something else interfering with it then. I moved mine to never notify and I can open Command Prompt (Admin), Powershell (Admin), Office Setup, MiniTool Partition Wizard and diskpart without any prompts. That's all I tried.

NavyLCDR, Jul 2, 2017
  7. Raner Win User
    All that stuff works for me also... I get the pop up on stuff I've installed myself like MediaMonkey for example.
    Don't let the title foul you, it's the best mp3 player software I've found...
    I've run Take ownership, run as admin and pop up still there...
    There is only one account on this pc mine, Administrative account...
    Everything that has ever been downloaded and installed on this pc was done from the Administrative account.
    So there is no reason that I know off, the pop up should me messing with me on stuff I installed myself...

Raner, Jul 2, 2017
  8. Eagle51 Win User

Eagle51, Jul 2, 2017
  9. Raner Win User
    Hi Eagle, I was hoping you were around.
    I hate messing around with accounts on windows 10, They confuse the hell out of me.But if I have to I will.
    That being said, I saw this account on permissions that should not be there.
    I need to remove it from here and the entire pc.
    I also hate messing around with permissions but need to fix this one.
    It is a inheritance account.

This is my admin account...

I don't know if this is causing any problems, but I know it's not suppose to be there.
    Do you know how to get rid of it...Thanks...

Raner, Jul 3, 2017
  10. Eagle51 Win User
    Yea, I here you. I'd hold off on creating the another Local Account. I take it that's not your User Account (doesn't look like it), so we need to find out more about it (see the links below) before messing with it.

Do you recognize it?
    Did you create it ?
    Is it an old account ?
    Does it still actually exist ?

A local User Account normally looks this ... example
    USERNAME(RRG-PC-1)\USERNAME

View User Account Details in Windows 10 Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials
    Delete User Account in Windows 10 Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Eagle51, Jul 3, 2017
  11. Raner Win User
    I know I created it, but can't remember why or how... As I said I hate messing around with accounts and permissions.
    I think I had a folder left over from windows 7 that I could not deleted so I went in the permissions and accidentally made
    it when I was messing around in there...
    I did some research after I posted. To delete it first I have to remove inheritance. I selected it and I did all the steps but when I saw all the other accounts disappear and a pop up said you are fixing to deplete all privileges. I was not sure it meant for the account I high lighted or for all of the accounts so I did not hit apply, I just hit cancel and backed off...
    I'll take a look at the links you posted, Maniana. I did enough for today...LOL...

Raner, Jul 3, 2017
  12. Eagle51 Win User
    Open a Command Prompt as Admin and run the following command. It backs up permissions to file on your desktop.
    icacls "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\*" /save "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Desktop\public_desktop_acl.txt"

Note: It's only backing up permissions starting at \Desktop.

Yea, be very careful with permissions *Smile You don't want to disable inheritance, unless you know what your doing. Try going up a directory level (c:\Users\Public\Desktop) and seeing if the account is there and can be removed without changing inheritance.

Eagle51, Jul 3, 2017
  13. Raner Win User

Thanks Eagle...
    I think I found why I'm getting the pop-up on some my installed programs...
    This one gives me the pop up...
    Look at the "Object name" its Users\Public...

Now look at this one...
    This one does not give me the pop up...
    The "Object name" it's Users\Garcia-1 my admin account...

Now all I got to do is figure out why some of the installed software is under Public and not in the Garcia-1 Admin account...
    Since the day I built this computer, I only login in the admin account...
    It's the only set to skip the enter password screen... (Auto login in other words)
    I got to fix this so all my future software installations are in the admin account...

Raner, Jul 3, 2017
  14. Eagle51 Win User
    I thought that was a bit strange, I've never had a program put anything in any of the \Public folders. Figured you had your reasons for putting them there *Smile Looks like those are shortcuts, and if they are, then just delete them and create new ones, then delete the erroneous folders.

Eagle51, Jul 3, 2017
  15. Raner Win User
    Hey, Eagle... I'm done, looks like...
    I fixed the short cuts the easy way. I just dragged them from the public user to the admin account and the pop up is gone...
    I don't know if there were being installed in users public folder because I had the downloads going to a drive I had installed a while back and it was not assigned. So I just assigned it to the admin account. I'll keep an eye on the desktop users short cut folders to
    make sure there going to the right location. Now back to work on my Media Monkey Library Mp3 files...
    The computer is working great, no errors, no warning, no annoying pop-up, rearranged files and folders on all 5 drives, overclocked all six cores to 4.0 Mhz, made three bios profiles for three different overclock ranges of 3.6, 3.8, 4.0 and default Mhz. It will take a bunch more its water cooled but that is plenty for this First Person Shooter gaming old man.*chuckle All that is left is to rebuilt the search index because I moved a ton of files but the nice thing is, it gets done by a click of a button and around 30 minutes of time...
    Thanks for the help... And don't drink to many cold one's celebrating the 4th...

Raner, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I'm down to the last thing that I need to address - Similar Threads - I'm down last

2. Trying to update my PC, Im getting a code 80070490. It is the last thing I need for an update,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to update my PC, Im getting a code 80070490. It is the last thing I need for an update,: Trying to update my antivirus software. I am getting a code 80070490 that is preventing me from completing the process. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-update-my-pc-im-getting-a-code-80070490/71df5d91-ed1a-4953-bca3-22cdeee0dfbb
  3. FINDING THINGS-I'M LOST

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FINDING THINGS-I'M LOST: I RECENTLY HAD A NEW COMUTER INSTALLED. WITH WINDOWS 11. HAD EVERYTHING TRANSFERRED FROM THE OLD TO THE NEW. I AM NOT COMPUTER SAVVY, AND I AM TRYING TO FIND MY MUSIC AND I CANT. WHAT DO I LOOK UNDER? IF ALL MY DOCUMENTS AND CONTACTS WERE TRANSFERRED RIGHT, MUSIC SHOULD HAVE...
  4. FINDING THINGS-I'M LOST

FINDING THINGS-I'M LOST: I RECENTLY HAD A NEW COMUTER INSTALLED. WITH WINDOWS 11. HAD EVERYTHING TRANSFERRED FROM THE OLD TO THE NEW. I AM NOT COMPUTER SAVVY, AND I AM TRYING TO FIND MY MUSIC AND I CANT. WHAT DO I LOOK UNDER? IF ALL MY DOCUMENTS AND CONTACTS WERE TRANSFERRED RIGHT, MUSIC SHOULD HAVE...
  5. I need help with this thing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with this thing: Can someone help me fix this computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-this-thing/9fbc614f-2c04-453b-9af2-8e1bdd0acc19
  6. I need help with this thing

I need help with this thing: Can someone help me fix this computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-this-thing/9fbc614f-2c04-453b-9af2-8e1bdd0acc19
  7. I need help with this thing

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. I need a tech email address

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need a tech email address: I need a tech mail address to correct a 0x800C013E error possibly caused by latest W10 update. My windows Lie email program neither sends nor receives emails. Where does one go with such problems? Old Bob...
  9. i need my ip address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i need my ip address: what is my ip address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-my-ip-address/9ebde926-b4b1-4663-a3ab-c3dbf0c53cd0
  10. Constant BSOD!I'm DONE. Many things wrong but can't narrow down what it is!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD!I'm DONE. Many things wrong but can't narrow down what it is!: I'm BACK. I feel like it was only a few months back that I came here to solve what turned out to be a bad hard drive issue but now I'm back with something else . .. My computer crashes. A lot. It started off with one occasional crash but just today after trying to figure...