Windows 10: im not able to turn on Real time security in my windows 10

Discus and support im not able to turn on Real time security in my windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hi, I have tried several times to put on my windows real time security even after updating to the latest version as advised in the first step. I am... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SHarish, Jul 28, 2019.

1. SHarish Win User

im not able to turn on Real time security in my windows 10

hi,

I have tried several times to put on my windows real time security even after updating to the latest version as advised in the first step.

I am getting a windows alert that "windows is trying to change security setting to which I click allow but still the real time security isn't turning on.

As advised I had installed Avast uninstall program which started my laptop in safe mode but was asking for a password which I did not have so I rebooted it back to windows os and uninstalled it.

pl advise.

thnks and reg

:)

SHarish, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Jose Est Win User

How do I turn off real -time protection?

Hi Rahul,

If you have Windows 10, you are getting the latest antivirus protection with Windows Defender. Windows Defender actively helps in protecting your PC from malware (malicious software), viruses, and security threats. Windows Defender uses real-time protection.

To turn Windows Defender real-time protection on or off, follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings >
      Update & Security.
    • Select Windows Defender, then turn Real-time protection
      on or off.
    If the on /off button is greyed out, refer to the answer of José Antonio
    Pontón Posada CEO on this thread for troubleshooting steps.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Jose Est, Jul 28, 2019
  3. I can't turn on Windows Defender Real Time Protection

We appreciate your response. We suggest that you try to turn on Windows Defender Real Time Protection from a Hidden Administrator account. To enable Hidden Administrator, the following are the steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the command prompt, type in net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter.
    • Log out and log back in using the Administrator account.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Hector Mad, Jul 28, 2019
  4. im not able to turn on Real time security in my windows 10

Unable to turn on Windows Defender real time protection

Hi guys, I'm a bit desperate here right now. *Confused

I have the same problem that this guy over here. I'm running Windows 10 Home x64, version 1607, build 14393.0.

I had to restore the PC to a previous point because I ****ed up some drivers. Then my AV (Bitdefender Free) started having some issues (they gui didn't display correctly) so I decided to uninstall it and just go with Windows Defender.

The problem is I can't get it to work... I get a notification in the Action Center saying to turn on the virus protection, when I click it, Windows Defender goes green(PC status: protected, Real time protection: on) for a second and then goes yellow again (PC status: Windows Defender is OFF, Real time protection: Handled by another AV program) and I get the notification again. If instead of clicking the notification I click "Turn on" on the Windows Defender gui, Windows opens another window, "Apps & Features" in settings, like asking me to uninstall the other, nonexistent AV.

Now, I've tried a lot of things...

• Of course, I have completely uninstalled Bitdefender. I used the official tool provided by them for this. There is nothing in the registry by bitdefender nor any file or folder by that name in my PC.

• I have tried every step listed here.

• I have tried to install another AV (Avast) and the uninstall it to see if this would "reset" somehow windows defender. (Nope.)

• I have run MBAM and nothing pops-up

In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender there is noDisableAntiSpyware key. But in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender there is a DisableAntiSpyware key and its value is 0. (Not sure if this is important but wanted to give you the info.)

Anyone has any idea? Right now I'm thinking of downloading another AV or just go without any and be done with it. *Huh

ThunderRoad, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

im not able to turn on Real time security in my windows 10

1. im not able to turn on Real time security in my windows 10 - Similar Threads - able turn Real

2. im not able to turn on the firewall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im not able to turn on the firewall: im not able to turn on the firewall plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-not-able-to-turn-on-the-firewall/72471afc-fb72-4192-b51a-55d6a37e7fe7
  3. im not able to turn on the firewall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    im not able to turn on the firewall: im not able to turn on the firewall plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-not-able-to-turn-on-the-firewall/72471afc-fb72-4192-b51a-55d6a37e7fe7
  4. windows security real-time protection can't turn

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows security real-time protection can't turn: fix windows security real-time protection can't turn this setting is managed by administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-real-time-protection-cant-turn/1c5cd51e-24e4-4124-a888-a84dc5e67192
  5. windows security real-time protection can't turn

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows security real-time protection can't turn: fix windows security real-time protection can't turn this setting is managed by administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-real-time-protection-cant-turn/1c5cd51e-24e4-4124-a888-a84dc5e67192
  6. windows security won't turn on real time protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows security won't turn on real time protection: everything is unknown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-security-wont-turn-on-real-time-protection/04f32688-0175-408c-a613-227fbd6ce759
  7. Cannot turn on Real-time Protection in Windows Security

Cannot turn on Real-time Protection in Windows Security: Hi everyone, I am struggling with a problem of being not able to re-enable Real-time Protection in Windows Security. Before facing this problem, I installed PSim of a crack version. I disabled Real-time Protection before installing PSim. After that I realized I cannot...
  8. My Windows 10 real time protection will no turn off

My Windows 10 real time protection will no turn off: [ATTACH] Please help me out if u can https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-windows-10-real-time-protection-will-no-turn/e13c0c65-8fcb-4096-b170-7924e0d9a9bb
  9. my real time protection will not turn on

my real time protection will not turn on: my defender shows action needed - i see that the real time protection is turned off, when I turn it on it automatically turns off again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-real-time-protection-will-not-turn-on/f851748c-7888-47da-8a8e-0c3258dd4cbe
  10. my real time protection will not turn on

my real time protection will not turn on: my defender shows action needed - i see that the real time protection is turned off, when I turn it on it automatically turns off again...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows security not able to turn on windows 10 1909