Windows 10: Import favorites in Edge from Chrome

Discus and support Import favorites in Edge from Chrome in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I am admin om my computer with Windows 10. My wife is second user. We both have accounts on Google and use chrome. I am logged in and open Edge to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Tony Mortyr, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Import favorites in Edge from Chrome

Hi, I am admin om my computer with Windows 10. My wife is second user. We both have accounts on Google and use chrome.
    I am logged in and open Edge to import favorites from Chrome.
    I get my wifes chrome favorites from her google account, and not my own???
    This happens even if only I am logged in.

How do I deal with this? How get my stuff and not someone else? *sarc

:)

Tony Mortyr, Sep 19, 2015

2. Losing Favorites In Edge?

Interesting development. I imported my IE favorites to Google Chrome then I imported the Chrome favorites into Edge. Guess what. I started loosing some of the same Favorites from the Chrome import to Edge as the IE import to Edge.

That seems really odd.

GeneArquilla, Sep 19, 2015
  3. Edge not reading the Favorites folder after Feb 9 2016 update

Okay, but how do I put my old favorites into that database file? Copy-pasting doesn't seem to be an option, and the export tool only gives me the two folders that are currently in the Edge favorites list.

As a side note, I found that selecting "import from Edge" in Firefox adds my old favorites into it. After using this import to go from Edge -> Firefox -> Chrome -> Edge (since Chrome can't import from Edge but vice versa works, Chrome can import from Firefox,
    and Edge can't import from Firefox but vice versa works), Edge got a few of the files back, but most weren't copied in the import process (and some folders were copied, but they were copied empty).

I could theoretically just switch to using Chrome/Firefox now with the imported favorites and be done with it, but I'd still like to fix this issue, if possible.

RobertFilkin, Sep 19, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Import favorites in Edge from Chrome

Welcome to the forums Tony. It sounds like even though you were logged in to the pc, it was her account signed into google. Go to google, sign in with your creds and try again.

5. It did not work. I removed all favorites in Edge and tried to import again. But only my wifes favorites come back.

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 19, 2015
  7. I tried that but all I get is my wifes favorites from her account, not mine. So how can i get Edge to choose one google acoount and not another? We both have book marks, so why hers and not mine??*sarc

8. Import favorites in Edge from Chrome

Perhaps because hers is signed it at the moment? Just a guess, but try signing out with hers and in with yours, and checking to make sure you can see your favorites clearly before exporting.

DustSailor, Sep 19, 2015
  9. I tried that too a few times before, but still the same. Very annoying.

10. That is strange, I don't know of a solution. But you are following Google's instruction? ::

Export bookmarks from Chrome
    1.In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu Chrome menu.
    2.Select Bookmarks > Bookmark Manager.
    3.Click the "Organize" menu in the manager.
    4.Select Export bookmarks.

Chrome will export your bookmarks as an HTML file

DustSailor, Sep 19, 2015
  11. Yes, I did just that. Very simpel. But ther is no way to tell Edge wich account to import from. So how can I import from the html file?

12. To import the favorites, see:
    Import favorites in Microsoft Edge - Windows Help -
    (Brink had a similar tutorial earlier)

But if you mean separating your wife's favorites from yours, you may have to do it manually by deleting the ones you do not want after importing them. Is the problem that you cannot import ANY favorites, or is the problem that you cannot import ONLY your favorites?

DustSailor, Sep 19, 2015
  13. Import favorites in Edge from Chrome

I tried to delete my wifes imported favorites in Edge. But as soon I do another import from Chrome I always get hers. There must be a way to tell Edge wich acoount to import from. What if there were moore users, which acoount will be imported? First one or last one or random? If it was normal I should only be able to import my own favorites, never someone elses.

So my problem is not importing, my problem is that I can not import my favorites, even if I am only person logged in to Chrome and Windows 10, wife is logged out from all.

Tony Mortyr, Sep 21, 2015
  14. I think the way MS intended things is everyone to have their own accounts. Edge does not have a separate user feature like Chrome does (allows you to sign in), so you cannot do what you're attempting. I recommend using separate user accounts, because it sounds like you do multiple imports from chrome.

DustSailor, Sep 21, 2015
  15. We have different user accounts both in windows and google. It did not help. I even erased my wifes ms account but that did not work either. So I give up now. Will use only chrome. Edge just give me a headache. Thanks for your help anyway. Let us hope ms will give edge more features for importing.

Tony Mortyr, Sep 21, 2015
Thema:

Import favorites in Edge from Chrome

1. Import favorites in Edge from Chrome - Similar Threads - Import favorites Edge

2. Sync Edge and Chrome Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Sync Edge and Chrome Favorites: I want to sync my favorites in Chrome and Edge. I used XMARKS to remove duplicates and sync between different browsers but cannot find an equivalent app since they went out of business. I have found some app that claim to sync just not Chrome and Edge. Any suggestions? 170911
  3. Import favorites from Edge Chromium Beta instead of Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Import favorites from Edge Chromium Beta instead of Edge: I have been using Edge Chromium Beta for some time now and all relevant favorites are now on that browser. I cannot find a way to export the favorites from the beta version so I can delete the old Edge favorites and import them into the new Edge that comes with build 2004....
  4. How to Import Favorites from Windows 10 Favorites folder to Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to Import Favorites from Windows 10 Favorites folder to Edge: When I try to import Favorites from Windows Favorites folder, by going to Edge Settings > Import or Export > Import from file. Then select: C drive > Users > User name > Favorites folder. It only shows the URL short cuts in the Favorites sub-folder, with no way to select...
  5. How do I import Favorites bar from Chrome to Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    How do I import Favorites bar from Chrome to Edge.: Hi, I want to export Bookmarks bar (not bookmarks) from Chrome and then import to Edge's Favorites bar. How do I do? Thank you, 65317
  6. Can't import favorites from firefox to edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Can't import favorites from firefox to edge.: That about say's it all. Here is a screenshot: [img] Henry 73197
  7. Unable to import favorites in to Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to import favorites in to Edge?: Hey Guys I have saved my favourites in the default folder, they appear and work in ie, but when I try and import them in to edge the error states: Couldn't import favourites Not very informative? Any help appreciated 12277
  8. Import/Export Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Import/Export Edge Favorites: Microsoft Edge Favorites - Export in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Though Edge may not be the browser of choice, would like to hear reviews/comments of the above method of export/import of favorites from those that have used the method. This method was designed...
  9. Problems Importing Favorites into Edge from IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Problems Importing Favorites into Edge from IE11: I have posted this question/complaint on another thread, but I have been locked out. So I'll try again. Why can't Microsoft fix the Edge import process to reliably import all favorites from IE 11? I have tried all the workarounds including copying the IE 11 favorites to the...
  10. Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome in Windows 10: How to: Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome in Windows 10 How to Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome in Windows 10 [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Chrome. The bookmarks bar...