Windows 10: Import Task to Task Scheduler in Windows

Discus and support Import Task to Task Scheduler in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Import Task to Task Scheduler in Windows How to Import a Task to Task Scheduler in Windows [img] Information The Task Scheduler enables... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by chok, Aug 27, 2017.

1. chok Win User

Import Task to Task Scheduler in Windows

How to: Import Task to Task Scheduler in Windows

How to Import a Task to Task Scheduler in Windows

Import Task to Task Scheduler in Windows [​IMG]
    Information The Task Scheduler enables you to automatically perform routine tasks on a chosen computer. The Task Scheduler does this by monitoring whatever criteria you choose to initiate the tasks (referred to as triggers) and then executing the tasks when the criteria is met.

You can import an exported task, which will add the imported task to a task folder and allow you to use and run the task. A task's properties, triggers, actions, conditions, and settings are represented in an XML file.

This tutorial will show how to import a task to Task Scheduler from an exported task .xml file in Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] To Import a Task in Task Scheduler
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog, type taskschd.msc, and click/tap on OK to open Task Scheduler.

2. Navigate to the task folder location (ex: "Task Scheduler Library") in the left pane for where you want to import the task to, and click/tap on Import in the far right Actions pane. (see screenshot below)

3. Browse to the location you saved the exported task, select the .xml file, and click/tap on Open. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

5. If you have Run whether user is logged on or not checked above, then you will be prompted to enter your credentials for running the task with. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

6. The task will now be imported into the task folder in Task Scheduler. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Import a Task in Command Prompt

Note You must be logged in as an administrator to be able to do this option.

For more details about the schtasks and schtasks /Create commands, see: Schtasks.exe (Windows)

1. Open an elevated command prompt.

2. Type the command below into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below step 3)

*Arrow schtasks /Create /XML "full path of .xml file" /TN "task folder location\task name" /RU "Computer name\User name" /RP *

Note Substitute full path of .xml file in the command above with the actual full path of the task's exported .xml file.

Substitute task folder location in the command above with the actual task's folder location (ex: "") like in Task Scheduler below.

Substitute task name in the command above with the actual task's name (ex: "Create Restore Point on Schedule") like in Task Scheduler below.

Substitute Computer name in the command above with the actual computer name (ex: "W10BrinkDesktop").

Substitute User name in the command above with the actual user name (ex: "Brink") of the account you want to run the task as.

For example:

Code:
    3. Enter the password of the account you specified to run the task as, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)

4. When finished, you can close the command prompt if you like.

5. The task will now be imported to the specified task folder in Task Scheduler. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

2. Task Scheduler of Windows 10 has some new features *not*

Task scheduler will no longer find executables which are located in user path.

-> Robust coding of scheduled tasks or scripts requires fully qualified paths for anything other than native system files.

Task Scheduler does not accept spaces for expression to start ("hello 1.txt" won't work). Instead Task Scheduler tries to edit "hello.txt".

-> Again, for robust coding, I would always specify the executable instead of relying on file associations.

Tasks exported with Windows 7 compatibility cannot be imported in Windows 7.

-> Why can't you import the task? Or are you saying that the imported task fails to work?

I exported my Windows 10 task (which was configured for Windows 7 and Server 2008) and imported it into Windows 7. It worked perfectly.

Frederik Long, Aug 27, 2017
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    How to import MsCtrlMonitor.XML to Task Scheduler?

Hello,

The answer to your question can be found on our TechNet support website, which can be found
    here. The link contain steps on how to import a task, including .xml files.

Keep us posted for any progress or updates.

Mark Isi, Aug 27, 2017
Thema:

Import Task to Task Scheduler in Windows

1. Import Task to Task Scheduler in Windows - Similar Threads - Import Task Task

2. Terminating Task Scheduler Task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Terminating Task Scheduler Task: I have set up at Task Scheduler Job with the following specifications --Repeat task every 5 minutes for a duration of 15 minutesStop all running tasks at end of repetition durationStop task if it runs longer than 30 minutes My intention was to have the task start, run for 5...
  3. scheduled task and task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    scheduled task and task manager: I created a task scheduler start a programc;\windows\system32\cmd.exe /c start "" "c:\restart.bat" ' THIS RESTARTS A SERVICES FOR AN APPLICATION THAT GETS STUCK."it repeats every 1 hoursstop task if it runs longer than 2 hoursI noticed like 50 cmd.exe entries under task...
  4. Deleted task scheduler task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted task scheduler task: Hi,I Accidentally deleted StartComponentCleanup in Task Scheduler. Is it possible to recover or re-create the deleted task? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-task-scheduler-task/0866d10b-9ef7-4bb7-8f0a-56b848500fa9
  5. Import Scheduled Tasks in bulk

in Windows 10 Support
    Import Scheduled Tasks in bulk: I found this method to import multiple scheduled tasks. How to Import (Restore) All Tasks in Bulk Using Task Scheduler in Windows? AskVG Does this still work? Is there an easier way? 184038
  6. Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering: hi, any reason any task i create is not triggered at the time i set under one-time triggers? i've already tried a windows fresh install, new user account, dism, sfc, moving file to C: drive, checking to see if task scheduler service is set to automatic, checking and...
  7. Suspicious task in task scheduler

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious task in task scheduler: Recently I found a task in task scheduler that I didn't saw earlier, it named PostponeDeviceSetupToast_S-1-5-21-571410128-3262932422-3363705117-1000_0 and author is Microsoft Corporation, actions is Custom Handler. I don't know what it is and what it do and didn't found...
  8. How to Import or Export Tasks from Task Scheduler in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Import or Export Tasks from Task Scheduler in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Task Scheduler is a tool that allows you to create and automate routine tasks on a Windows 10 computer. The native tool is mainly used […] This article How to Import or Export Tasks from Task Scheduler in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Debugging task scheduler task.

in Windows 10 Support
    Debugging task scheduler task.: Windows 10 Pro 64, current as of this post. I have been using Mailstore Home portable for many years. I have a shortcut that runs an archive. I recently discovered my 91 year old father had accidentally deleted important business emails on several occasions and I want to...
  10. Create task in task scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create task in task scheduler: Dear all, I need your assistant to run the following two tasks: - Shutdown the PC - Reboot the PC Is there a difference if the PC joined to the domain or not? Thank you in advacne...