Windows 10: Export Task from Task Scheduler in Windows

Discus and support Export Task from Task Scheduler in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Export Task from Task Scheduler in Windows How to Export a Task from Task Scheduler in Windows [img] Information The Task Scheduler... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by chok, Aug 26, 2017.

1. chok Win User

Export Task from Task Scheduler in Windows

How to: Export Task from Task Scheduler in Windows

How to Export a Task from Task Scheduler in Windows

Export Task from Task Scheduler in Windows [​IMG]
    Information The Task Scheduler enables you to automatically perform routine tasks on a chosen computer. The Task Scheduler does this by monitoring whatever criteria you choose to initiate the tasks (referred to as triggers) and then executing the tasks when the criteria is met.

You can export a task so that the task is stored in an XML file which can be imported by other users and computers. A task's properties, triggers, actions, conditions, and settings are represented in an XML file.

If you created a task in Task Scheduler, then it would be a good idea to back up the task by exporting it as an XML to make it easy to restore (import) in the future as needed.

This tutorial will show you different ways on how to export a task from Task Scheduler as an .xml file backup in Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] To Export a Task in Task Scheduler
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog, type taskschd.msc, and click/tap on OK to open Task Scheduler.

2. Navigate to the task folder location (ex: "Task Scheduler Library") in the left pane, select the task (ex: "Create Restore Point on Schedule") you want to export in the middle pane, and click/tap on Export in the far right Actions pane. (see screenshot below)

3. Browse to the location you want to export the task, type in a name you want for the .xml file, and click/tap on Save. (see screenshot below)

4. When finished, you can close Task Scheduler if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Export a Task in Command Prompt

Note For more details about the schtasks and schtasks /Query commands, see: Schtasks.exe (Windows)

1. Open a command prompt.

2. Type the command below into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow schtasks /Query /XML /TN "task folder location\task name" > "%UserProfile%\Desktop\name.xml"

Note Substitute task folder location in the command above with the actual task's folder location (ex: "") like in Task Scheduler below.

Substitute task name in the command above with the actual task's name (ex: "Create Restore Point on Schedule") like in Task Scheduler below.

Substitute name in the command above with the name you want for the exported .xml file.

For example:

Code:

3. You can now move the .xml file on your desktop to where you like as a backup of this task.

4. When finished, you can close the command prompt if you like.

OPTION THREE [/i] To Export a Task in PowerShell

Note For more details about the Export-ScheduledTask command, see: Export-ScheduledTask - Microsoft TechNet

1. Open PowerShell.

2. Type the command below into PowerShell, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Export-ScheduledTask -TaskName "task folder location\task name" > "$env:UserProfile\Desktop\name.xml"

Note Substitute task folder location in the command above with the actual task's folder location (ex: "") like in Task Scheduler below.

Substitute task name in the command above with the actual task's name (ex: "Create Restore Point on Schedule") like in Task Scheduler below.

Substitute name in the command above with the name you want for the exported .xml file.

For example:

Code:

3. You can now move the .xml file on your desktop to where you like as a backup of this task.

4. When finished, you can close PowerShell if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

2. Task Scheduler of Windows 10 has some new features *not*

Task scheduler will no longer find executables which are located in user path.

-> Robust coding of scheduled tasks or scripts requires fully qualified paths for anything other than native system files.

Task Scheduler does not accept spaces for expression to start ("hello 1.txt" won't work). Instead Task Scheduler tries to edit "hello.txt".

-> Again, for robust coding, I would always specify the executable instead of relying on file associations.

Tasks exported with Windows 7 compatibility cannot be imported in Windows 7.

-> Why can't you import the task? Or are you saying that the imported task fails to work?

I exported my Windows 10 task (which was configured for Windows 7 and Server 2008) and imported it into Windows 7. It worked perfectly.

Frederik Long, Aug 26, 2017
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    Windows 10 Backup

I dont know, if you want to fiddle - just an idea;

Might try making a monthly backup, selecting the every other week dates for one destination.

Go to Task Scheduler & export the task. (File History, or Windows Backup)

Turn off your backup, delete the task if it still exists & make a new backup schedule for other dates at separate destination.

Then Make a new task, import the task you exported after renaming it (2).

'Mike P, Aug 26, 2017
Thema:

Export Task from Task Scheduler in Windows

1. Export Task from Task Scheduler in Windows - Similar Threads - Export Task Task

2. Terminating Task Scheduler Task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Terminating Task Scheduler Task: I have set up at Task Scheduler Job with the following specifications --Repeat task every 5 minutes for a duration of 15 minutesStop all running tasks at end of repetition durationStop task if it runs longer than 30 minutes My intention was to have the task start, run for 5...
  3. How to export window scheduler task for edit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to export window scheduler task for edit?: I would like to know on how to export all window scheduler tasks for edit instead of one by oneDoes anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance...
  4. How to export window scheduler task for edit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to export window scheduler task for edit?: I would like to know on how to export window scheduler task for edit.Does anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-window-scheduler-task-for-edit/0da53f7f-d755-4df7-986a-d9275846064a
  5. Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering: hi, any reason any task i create is not triggered at the time i set under one-time triggers? i've already tried a windows fresh install, new user account, dism, sfc, moving file to C: drive, checking to see if task scheduler service is set to automatic, checking and...
  6. Suspicious task in task scheduler

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious task in task scheduler: Recently I found a task in task scheduler that I didn't saw earlier, it named PostponeDeviceSetupToast_S-1-5-21-571410128-3262932422-3363705117-1000_0 and author is Microsoft Corporation, actions is Custom Handler. I don't know what it is and what it do and didn't found...
  7. Missing Tasks From Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Tasks From Task Scheduler: Hello Everyone My first post, I hope you will be able to help me Windows 10 x64 latest version. Yesterday I updated Windows 10 to the latest version. I started to set up the task scheduler for Ccleaner to clean my Desktop PC at boot. When I opened Task scheduler there...
  8. How to Import or Export Tasks from Task Scheduler in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Import or Export Tasks from Task Scheduler in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Task Scheduler is a tool that allows you to create and automate routine tasks on a Windows 10 computer. The native tool is mainly used […] This article How to Import or Export Tasks from Task Scheduler in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Task scheduled in Task Scheduler won't run from shortcut

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task scheduled in Task Scheduler won't run from shortcut: I have a task set up in Task Scheduler on Win 10 Pro 64-bit and it runs correctly when run from Task Scheduler. I cannot get the task to run from a shortcut. I do not know whether this is relevant, but in the Settings window of Task Scheduler it shows the checkbox next to...
  10. Create task in task scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create task in task scheduler: Dear all, I need your assistant to run the following two tasks: - Shutdown the PC - Reboot the PC Is there a difference if the PC joined to the domain or not? Thank you in advacne...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Task Scheduler and Astea Export Routine

2. task scheduler export all task history

3. why every other file fails to export on solidwokrs task schedualr