Windows 10: Importing firefox data in to microsoft edge

Discus and support Importing firefox data in to microsoft edge in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I cannot import my cookies,data logins to the microsoft edge, only bookmarks can be imported it seems. Can anyone guide me to import everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pagefile'sys, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Importing firefox data in to microsoft edge

Hello, I cannot import my cookies,data logins to the microsoft edge, only bookmarks can be imported it seems. Can anyone guide me to import everything from my Firefox to the edge?

:)

Pagefile'sys, Sep 15, 2018
  2. nsmth Win User

importing firefox bookmarks to edge

The only browser that shows up in Edge to import bookmarks from is Internet Explorer. I also have Firefox and Chrome installed but neither shows on the import list. Anxious to try Edge but will continue using Firefox until I can import bookmarks.

nsmth, Sep 15, 2018
  3. importing firefox bookmarks to edge

To import bookmarks from Firefox (or Chrome) to Microsoft Edge, you will have to use Internet Explorer:

• Open the web browser you wish to export bookmarks from, and export your bookmarks to an HTML file.
      • In Firefox, press [Ctrl]+[Shift]+, click Import and Backup ->
        Export Bookmarks to HTML...
        [*]In Chrome, press [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[O], click Organize ->
        Export bookmarks to HTML file...

[*]Close Firefox/Chrome.
      [*]Open Internet Explorer (click Start, type "iexplore", and press [Enter]).

[*]Press [Alt]+[C], click the dropdown next to "Add to favorites", and click
      Import and export...

[*]Choose Import from a file and click [Next].
      [*]Follow the wizard and point it to the HTML file you saved in step 1.
      [*]Close Internet Explorer and open Microsoft Edge.
      [*]Click the Hub (three lines) toolbar icon and click the (dim)
      Import favorites link.
      [*]Choose to import your favorites from Internet Explorer, and click [Import].

That said, at this time my recommendation would be to stay with Firefox unless you're having problems with it stuttering/freezing on script intensive sites like Amazon. Firefox is currently the worlds fastest web browser (scoring just above Chrome but
    about twice as high as Edge according to
    FutureMark), and it supports more technologies than Edge. And if Microsoft's past record on security with IE continues, Firefox is a much safer choice too. Mozilla usually
    patches most zero-day vulnerabilities in days after discovery compared to Microsoft's historical months or even years. Not to mention that Firefox uses ClearType font rendering which is easier to read (if tuned correctly—Search -> "clear" -> click
    Adjust ClearType text) and is less choppy looking than Edge's Windows 9x/ME grayscale anti-aliasing font rendering.

Techie007L, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Importing firefox data in to microsoft edge

Can't import favorites from firefox to edge.

Hi:

Disclaimer: I do not use Edge.

However, it looks as if the blue text to which your arrow points is a link -- did you try to click it?
    I expect it would open some sort of drop-down or other menu from which to select Firefox as the source of the "bookmarks" (they are called bookmarks in Firefox)?
    Then one would proceed to the next step, Step 5 (shown at the bottom of your screen shot): "Select Firefox from the list and then click "Import Button"".

There's also this tutorial -- perhaps it will help:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

Let us know how it goes,

MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Importing firefox data in to microsoft edge

1. Importing firefox data in to microsoft edge - Similar Threads - Importing firefox data

2. Import data to Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Import data to Edge: i am trying to change my browser from firefox to Edge but when I click on the import favourites i don't get a list of browsers to import from, so how do I import everything? Thank you....
  3. Importing firefox data to new Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Importing firefox data to new Edge: I have installed new Edge successfully. It displayed the import from Firefox window. I thought that was it but when I went back to Edge nothing of bookmarks or history or anything else were there. Went to settings and 'import browser data' only IE and bookmarks html are...
  4. How to Import Favorites and Browser Data into Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to Import Favorites and Browser Data into Microsoft Edge Chromium: How to: How to Import Favorites and Browser Data into Microsoft Edge Chromium How to Import Favorites and Browser Data into Microsoft Edge Chromium Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create...
  5. How import bookmark firefox on edge ?

in Browsers and Email
    How import bookmark firefox on edge ?: Please a read different web page but no find solution to import bookmark from firefox on edge Thnak Hispa 13234
  6. Can't import favorites from firefox to edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Can't import favorites from firefox to edge.: That about say's it all. Here is a screenshot: [img] Henry 73197
  7. How to import Firefox favorites into Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to import Firefox favorites into Edge: I'd like to try Edge, but Edge won't even see Firefox as one of my installed browsers even though it is my default browser. I'm not going to use a browser that requires me to enter hundreds of sites one at a time. Any suggestions on a way to import FF favorites since it won't...
  8. Edge, Is There Any Way To Import My Firefox History

in Browsers and Email
    Edge, Is There Any Way To Import My Firefox History: Hello All, I guess that the title says it all. I want to try Edge but I have all of my settings and history stored in Firefox. Some sites that I visit regularly I don't even know my password anymore. I would to just like to migrate everything over to Edge if it is...
  9. Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...
  10. Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Firefox in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Firefox in Windows 10: How to: Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Firefox in Windows 10 How to Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Firefox in Windows 10 [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Firefox. The bookmarks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge wont import firefox

2. import old firefox data into edge