Windows 10: in-place upgrade to windows 10 PRO or enterprise

Discus and support in-place upgrade to windows 10 PRO or enterprise in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi There, I got a request from business user to do in-place upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 PRO or enterprise without him loosing his data .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yas80, Apr 18, 2016.

1. yas80 Win User

in-place upgrade to windows 10 PRO or enterprise

Hi There,

I got a request from business user to do in-place upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 PRO or enterprise without him loosing his data . I Have tried the straight forward method through windows logo pop-up which doesn't normally ask for windows licences and that didn't work. now wonder if there is free in-place upgrade tool or some other ways to get around this . I normally do wipe and install way when moving from win8 to windows 10 ,which mean getting their data moved to external hard disk. Is there like free tool to carry out this in-place upgrade or any other way to help.

Regards

:)

yas80, Apr 18, 2016

2. Windows 10 Education Watermark

Windows 10 Education is more in line with Windows 10 Enterprise than Windows 10 Pro. The main difference between Education and Enterprise is the Education version can be upgraded from a Home Edition instead of a Pro Edition. Enterprise version needs a Pro
    licence in the first place.

You can check the chart here:

Compare Windows 10 Editions | Windows for Business

Alexandre Blanchette, Apr 18, 2016
  3. Windows 10 update 14 February 2018 personal settings gone AGAIN!

Dear, I had been using windows 10 pro, which was up graded from windows 7 enterprise in June/July 2015. I had administrator problem last month and I was advised reinstall window, as windows 10 pro was upgraded, so therefore, I do not have cd/flash drive
    to reinstall the same version of windows. I downloaded the bootable windows 10 enterprise and reinstalled in place of windows 10 pro. Windows 10 enterprise is working well at present but with activation problem. How to get it activated?

I am registered with Microsoft.

With Regards

Harsew SinghSaini, Apr 18, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

You can use the Windows inplace upgrade method, also need to download the correct Windows ISO version. Home for Home and Pro for Pro Here are a couple links that you can look at.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...tallation.html
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...-download.html

OldMike65, Apr 18, 2016
  5. You can go from 10 Pro to 10 Enterprise just by doing a change key on the system page, and entering your Enterprise key. Nothing is lost in the process, the enterprise features are installed and unlocked. It's the same process as going from Home to Pro via change key. If he's running 8.1 Pro,do the free upgrade to 10 Pro, then do a change key to switch to Enterprise. There is no free upgrade for the Enterprise version, you will need a valid Enterprise key to activate it.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. in-place upgrade to windows 10 PRO or enterprise - Similar Threads - place upgrade PRO

2. Windows 10 pro upgrade shows enterprise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 pro upgrade shows enterprise: Hi I just upgraded a licence from windows10 Home to pro by going through settings-activation settings-upgrade and it took me to Microsoft store after I bought and installed it setting show as windows10 enterprise and it show not activated how can I get the pro version I...
  3. In place upgrading Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    In place upgrading Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: Hello, I am upgrading a domain joined computer from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro - The computer has two HDD's , one is an NVME with the OS on and the other is a mechanical disk with the applications installed on it (Has a program files folder, etc , etc) Will upgrading...
  4. Windows 10 Enterprise: Upgrade in place not working.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Enterprise: Upgrade in place not working.: Hi all, I am upgrading my PC running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016 to WIndows 10 Enterprise version 1903, however I have been unsuccessful several times. I ran SetupDiag and got the following for the two attempts. Matching Profile found: FindAbruptDownlevelFailure -...
  5. Upgrading to Windows 10 Enterprise from Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading to Windows 10 Enterprise from Pro: Hello, I am unsure about the process of upgrading from Pro edition to Enterprise. I'm working for an IT company and we have a Enterprise edition key which I manually entered on my workstation to try out. Previously it was Pro edition and after entering the Enterprise key...
  6. In place Upgrade Windows Enterprise with Windows 10 Pro or Home?

In place Upgrade Windows Enterprise with Windows 10 Pro or Home?: Can I download a WIndows Home or Pro ISO file then use it to in-place upgrade a Windows Enterprise system? Will it not alter some GPO configured by a system admin if it is possible? Thanks 121474
  7. In place Upgrade Windows Enterprise with Windows 10 Pro or Home?

in Windows 10 Support
    In place Upgrade Windows Enterprise with Windows 10 Pro or Home?: Can I download a WIndows Home or Pro ISO file then use it to in-place upgrade a Windows Enterprise system? Will it not alter some GPO configured by a system admin if it is possible? Thanks 121474
  8. Upgrade Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro?: Is it possible to upgrade from Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro? 48354
  9. Windows 10 Enterprise In-Place Upgrade Issues

Windows 10 Enterprise In-Place Upgrade Issues: We are planning our Windows 10 migrations from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10 Enterprise. We are wanting to explore in-place upgrade for some or all of the 2,000+ machines. What experience or issues have people had with this approach. Historically, we have performed...
  10. Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise: How to: Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise How to Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14352, deploying Windows Enterprise edition gets easier. Prior to Windows 10, the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows pro changed to enterprinse after inplace upgrade

2. can window 10 pro inplace upgrade to window 10 enterprise