Windows 10: In Windows 10, Windows Security keeps asking for login credentials repeatedly following a...

Discus and support In Windows 10, Windows Security keeps asking for login credentials repeatedly following a... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I run Windows 10 Pro (1803) with Outlook 2013. I have two live.com accounts one of which is my Windows login account. I installed a BIOS update and a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Viswa Santhanam, Aug 14, 2018.

1. In Windows 10, Windows Security keeps asking for login credentials repeatedly following a...

I run Windows 10 Pro (1803) with Outlook 2013. I have two live.com accounts one of which is my Windows login account.

I installed a BIOS update and a Support Assistant update from Dell. The machine rebooted and I was able to login using my PIN. When I started my Outlook, I started getting these "Windows Security" messages asking for my login credentials. Both my live.com accounts did the same. I entered the correct password. With no other indication the window popped up again. So, I re-entered the password and the same thing happened again. It was obvious that I would not succeed. I pressed 'Forgot password' to reset it. It gave me several options to receive a code. One was sending the code to the other email that also got locked up. Another option was to use the Windows Authenticator, which seemed not applicable to someone who was only having the trouble on the PC. A third option was to receive a code on my phone, which is identified by only the last two 2 digits. I have two phones both ending in the same last 2 digits (could you please display last 3 digits?)! So, I guessed one and I happened to be right. Received a code and entered it and was able to log into my account at live.com. I repeated the sequence for my other live.com account as well.

Back to Outlook, the problem persisted as if all that work I did to reset was of no avail. I had to shut down Outlook, reboot my machine and restart Outlook, but the problem persisted. It almost looked like Outlook was checking my credential against a cached copy, but that was not the case as the old password wouldn't work either. I repeated the password reset sequence again and all was fine after that.

This problem seems to date back several years. The fixes posted are convoluted (delete the account and re-enter them or non-applicable Windows Authenticator option, etc.). My questions are:

(a) Why isn't there a simple solution? E.g., Go to 'live.com' and reset your password and come back and retry Outlook.

(b) How can the problem keep persisting after the password had been reset?

(c) Who all need my login credentials? Windows Security is the id on the title bar, but Outlook seems to popping the window. When the window simply pops up again and again, I assumed another component in Windows needed the same information. Apparently that is not the case.

BTW, one of the posts here said to hit 'Cancel' when Windows Security does not accept the credential and report the error message--there was no error message when I hit Cancel. The window just went away, but I finally noticed a small caution message at the bottom on my Outlook window that said Disconnected. Am I supposed to click on it to get the error message? I didn't follow this path because I decided to simply reset my password, but wondered where I should look for the error message next time.

I am sure this is going to happen again, perhaps on my next update. I hope to hear a simpler, cleaner solution before then.

:)

Viswa Santhanam, Aug 14, 2018
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Intel AMT Security Issue Lets Attackers Bypass Login Credentials

Next up: security vulnerability found in every router ever with default login credentials...

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Davide3i Win User

In Windows 10, Windows Security keeps asking for login credentials repeatedly following a...

OneDrive keeps asking for credentials at every boot.

Hi to everybody.
    First of all, I know there are a lot of topics regarding this issue. Still, I didn't find anything which could help me.

A few infos:

• I'm running the Insider Build 14332, and this problem started to show up since this last installation;
    • I've already tried to delete my credentials from the Credential Manager, with no luck.

I've noticed this thing: OneDrive is messing up with Windows credentials too. Each time I login with it, Windows 10 keeps asking to verify my account, so I had to follow this guide by Brink to fix the mess.
    Now I'm in the situation where my Windows is working, but I can no longer use OneDrive.
    Browsing around the internet, I've read that a lot of people are still having this problem (as you can see at this link).
    In particular, some people have having this problem (like me): in Credential Manager, the username is being turned in a random alphanumeric string (see the photo).
    Any hint to fix this problem?

In Windows 10, Windows Security keeps asking for login credentials repeatedly following a... [​IMG]

Davide3i, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

In Windows 10, Windows Security keeps asking for login credentials repeatedly following a...

1. In Windows 10, Windows Security keeps asking for login credentials repeatedly following a... - Similar Threads - Security keeps asking

2. Windows keep asking your credentials

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows keep asking your credentials: Dear, One of our customers is complaining about this message, that is why I did put all accent on the problem.Sadly there are tons of solutions regarding with the Group Policy which are not a solution for this issue.This started to appear when the user changed the sing in...
  3. Domain joined Microsoft windows 10 keeps asking repeatedly to enter the credentials daily...

Domain joined Microsoft windows 10 keeps asking repeatedly to enter the credentials daily...: I have been entering my Microsoft account password and I noticed these few updates were installed recently which somehow removing fixed my issue. So, if you are facing similar issue, I hope this information finds helpful....
  4. Credential Manager Repeatedly asks for "fix"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Credential Manager Repeatedly asks for "fix": What was thought to be an Outlook issue repeatedly asking for passwords upon login, turns out to be a Credential Manager... I think. 4 of 6 MS Techs have logged in a looked at the issue- same suggestions, same tests, no different results. 2 techs gave same advice. Have tried...
  5. Windows 10 keeps asking for a login password

Windows 10 keeps asking for a login password: Suddenly windows 10 is asking me to log in every time i turn my PC on. The weird part is there are 2 users to choose from. Both have the same name my name but my password only works for one of them. If i go into the "netplwiz" there is only one user. I already have "user...
  6. Workgroup access asking for login credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Workgroup access asking for login credentials: Dear reader, I have been wanting to get the answer to my questions for a long time. Every where I ready an answer to my problem it talks about turning off the password protection in folder sharing. I have done it a few times but my problem still stands. I have two...
  7. windows security is suddenly asking for network credentials

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows security is suddenly asking for network credentials: I am running windows 10 with a DROBO attached via usb port to the computer. I am also using Genie Timeline Profession 2017 to maintain a backup. There is a new prompt that comes up when I try to access the DROBO it is a request to enter network credential to connect to the...
  8. WebDAV keeps asking for credentials

WebDAV keeps asking for credentials: Hi, Some of my clients have slightly different issues about WebDAV connections. Some of them are prompted on each file (essentially PDFs and MS Office files), some of them on first connection, some of them only with PDFs. The connection is of course saved in the Windows...
  9. Windows security asks user login and password for Outlook repeatedly

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows security asks user login and password for Outlook repeatedly: This problem has reached a critical point. I have spoken with several MS techs and gotten nowhere. I am hoping for a miracle that maybe someone here has seen this before and has an idea I have not yet tried. The User has a Surface Pro 4. Windows 10 Pro OS, Office 365 with...
  10. Windows Security ask for Credentials. Where I could find this credentials?

Windows Security ask for Credentials. Where I could find this credentials?: When attempt to connect to network computer[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-ask-for-credentials-where-i-could/7a3a6748-6ed9-4310-bc1d-d8e6014abae8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if user is logged in to PC and outlook asking for again login credentisla how to fix it