Windows 10: Inaccessible boot device error

Discus and support Inaccessible boot device error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 64 bit without any problem. Dual core cpu 3 gb ram gigabyte motherboard. 320 gb sata hdd. Everything's okay until i connect an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vitthu, Mar 9, 2016.

1. vitthu Win User

Inaccessible boot device error

I'm running Windows 10 64 bit without any problem. Dual core cpu 3 gb ram gigabyte motherboard. 320 gb sata hdd. Everything's okay until i connect an additional 160 gb sata hdd from another computer.

What happened:
    1. When i connected 160 gb sata hdd, it booted XP os. I know that bios recognized it as the first boot device.
    2. I changed the boot order where my windows 10 installation is present.
    3. BSOD with a message inaccessible boot device.
    4. When i remove that 160 gb hdd, windows 10 boots like nothing has happened before.

What i did:
    1. Booted live ubuntu and deleted partitions on 160 gb hdd from disk utility menu. It has some extended partitions which I'm going to delete as my pwfree_64.iso gets in my bootable usb flash drive.

What i want:
    I want that 160 gb hdd fully formatted connected to my computer without any boot errors.

Please help me. I've encountered this issue for the first time in my life.

:)

vitthu, Mar 9, 2016

2. Inaccessible boot device in Windows 10

Hi I recently purchased a Alienware 15 and one day I turn it on and it said inaccessible boot device and now it just keeps telling me the same error code

Please Help!

Original title: Inaccessible boot device

Minecraft0213, Mar 9, 2016
  3. Davies07 Win User
    Davies07, Mar 9, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Still seems like bios is the problem. Do you have a BIOS that supports both Legacy and UEFI booting? You might have changed the boot priority for Legacy but not for UEFI. Is there an option to enter the manual boot menu screen? On my laptop it is F9, on my desktop it is F11. Try entering the manual boot menu and see what the options are for booting, that will help tell you what to set as the priority device. Also, make sure the SSD is connected to the first SATA port on the motherboard, then I like to do CD/DVD drives next, then storage hard drives.

Also, post a complete disk management screenshot and that will help us:
    Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of - Windows 10 Forums

NavyLCDR, Mar 9, 2016
  5. vitthu Win User
    You're right. But i corrected settings in bios beforehand. It booted windows 10 but right after that windows logo, BSOD would appear and tell me that we'll restart your pc for you. Below that error written "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE".

When I removed that HDD, windows 10 would without any error. It was because of the new hdd. I'm sure.

How it was solved?

Today, in the morning, I took another chance and connected the 160 gb SATA hdd and hope that windows 10 would boot and it did.

So yeah, HOPE!

Any experts, could you tell me what could've been the problem? I repair computers so this knowledge would help in future. *Smile

vitthu, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Inaccessible boot device error - Similar Threads - Inaccessible boot device

2. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error: My ASUS ExpertBook laptop says "Your PC Ran into a problem" with an error code: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE and goes directly to the Bitlocker recovery key page. Even after entering the correct Bitlocker Key I'm unable to restart the PC normally, it again goes to automatic...
  3. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error: My ASUS ExpertBook laptop says "Your PC Ran into a problem" with an error code: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE and goes directly to the Bitlocker recovery key page. Even after entering the correct Bitlocker Key I'm unable to restart the PC normally, it again goes to automatic...
  4. Inaccessible boot device error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inaccessible boot device error: Someone to please help me fix this error my computer won't start or reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inaccessible-boot-device-error/5613a115-72d4-48b1-8f49-190f161acabd
  5. Inaccessible boot device error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inaccessible boot device error: Someone to please help me fix this error my computer won't start or reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inaccessible-boot-device-error/5613a115-72d4-48b1-8f49-190f161acabd
  6. Inaccessible Boot device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inaccessible Boot device: I went to restart my laptop and it did but then said “ Your device has Run into a problem” and the reason is like Inaccessible boot device and I’ve tried everything but command prompt because it will not accept my password.I even reset it and still it will not work please...
  7. Inaccessible boot device error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Inaccessible boot device error: Hello, i uninstalled the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver and then restarted the computer. But after restarting the windows does not start and keeps giving the Inaccessible Boot device error and restarts the laptop. And when the laptop restarts the windows Automatic...
  8. BSOD inaccessible boot device error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD inaccessible boot device error: A couple of days ago I got the BSOD inaccessible boot device on my Windows computer after 2 years of problem free use. My only HDD is a SSD m.2 samsung 970 evo. When I list the volumes I have 3: Volume. Ltr. Label. ... Info Volume 0 C. reserved ... Volume 1 D ... Volume 2 E...
  9. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE error: Hello. I am trying to start my computer, yet it keeps saying "Inaccessible Boot Device". I tried loading into BIOS and changing from AHCI to IDE. But i only have AHCI and RAID. I tried loading into safe mode. But while trying to load into safe mode. I get the same error....
  10. Inaccessible Boot Device Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Inaccessible Boot Device Error: I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330S. I just bought it 2 months ago and after an update 3 a few days ago, it would not boot up. I get a a blue screen with a stop: inaccessible boot device message. I found some postings that show how to get to the Troubleshooting screen and Advance...