Windows 10: Inconsistency sharing folders on home network. W 7 Pro & W 10 Pro,

Discus and support Inconsistency sharing folders on home network. W 7 Pro & W 10 Pro, in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been able to setup folder sharing on my Mi-Fi home network. Internet works on all devices connected. I want to be able to share between all four... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Landyman, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Landyman Win User

Inconsistency sharing folders on home network. W 7 Pro & W 10 Pro,

I have been able to setup folder sharing on my Mi-Fi home network. Internet works on all devices connected. I want to be able to share between all four of my Windows laptops. Two on W 7 and two on W 10. Other devices including my wife's laptops do not require sharing facilities.

Over a few years, I added shared folders as required; often with difficulty, but eventually getting there!

I've just bought a secondhand refurbished laptop with a new clean installation by the dealer. The username was set as 'user' (can't remember the case of the letters.), however 'C:\Users\User' has first letter in caps. I get the impression that the username for networking is related to this folder's name rather than the name of the user account, which I changed.

On the two W 7 laptops, this new laptop is not visible in their 'Network' folders, but is visible on the other W 10 laptop.

However on this other laptop, when I click on the new laptop's name, I am asked to enter the network credentials for the new laptop. It would not accept the username for the laptop, but after many attempts with various values accepted the user folder name with the username's password. I solved this while typing this posting.

But getting the new laptop visible on the two W 7 laptops has so far defeated me.

Any suggestions, please?

:)

Landyman, Oct 14, 2019
  2. SF104174 Win User

Can't reinstall W 10 Pro AFTER unistall to W 7 Ultimate

I had upgraded to W 10 Pro from a VALID W 7 Ultimate. Had port 80 problems. Rolled back to W 7 U to get server back online. Got the invalid license message. Found the port 80 fix but can't validate W 7 P. Want to go back to W 10 Pro but how?

SF104174, Oct 14, 2019
  3. GFR
    gfr Win User
    Share Files and Folders Over a Network with Win10Home & Pro & Win7Pro

@Brink,

I followed Option 1 with the following exceptions:
    • Windows 7 Pro: SMB 1.0 CIFS File Sharing Support, Automatic Removal, Client and Server and SMB Direct are not options.
    • Windows 10 Home: SMB 1.0 CIFS File Sharing Support, Automatic Removal, Client and Server are checked and SMB Direct is not an option.
    • Note: Windows 10 Pro: SMB 1.0 CIFS File Sharing Support, Automatic Removal, Client and Server and SMB Direct are checked.
    Clearly the problem is sharing with Windows 10 Pro...

Sharing with Windows 10 Pro
    • Windows 10 Pro can reach files and folders on Windows 7 Pro
    • Windows 10 Pro cannot reach files and folders on Windows 10 Home; Message: Windows cannot access...
    • Windows 10 Home cannot reach files and folders on Windows 10 Pro; Message: Enter your credentials
    • Windows 7 Pro cannot reach files and folders on Windows 10 Pro; Message: Enter your password
    Sharing Between Windows 10 Home and Windows 7 Pro
    • Windows 10 Home can reach files and folders on Windows 7 Pro
    • Windows 7 Pro can reach files and folders on Windows 10 Home
    Any thoughts on what I should do?

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I followed Option 2 without exceptions and received the same results as above.

Any thoughts on what I should do?

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I with much help, I solve my networking problem!

The first step was to follow Option 1 and Option 2 from the first post of this thread/tutorial.

The second step was to create a new password-protected local (user) account with administrator privileges and without using an email or phone number when creating the new user account on the Windows 10 Pro machine.

The third step was to create a new password-protected user account with administrator privileges on the Windows 7 Pro machine with the exact same username and password as the new local account on the Windows 10 Pro machine.

When I attempted to share/access a file on the Windows 10 Pro machine from the Windows 7 Pro machine, I simply entered the new username and password from above when asked for my network credentials and puff, it worked.

A similar process was followed for networking the Windows 10 Pro and Home machines.

4. Inconsistency sharing folders on home network. W 7 Pro & W 10 Pro,

HP Desktop went from Vista to W-7 Pro to W-10.

I swore I would never do it but I did. Good friend had a copy of W-7 Pro with the seal intact. So I installed it. Went along just fine. Older HP but worked just fine. The for the last couple of days W-7 began to not display email texts. (I use MSN)
    and the only way out was to restart the computer. Then I decided to try installing W-10. TDhis too went fine with only one issue that being a stretched display. I have the NVIDIA 6510 400 series and it says ... that will not wok with W-10. So I charge
    off the the NVIDIA forum site and find 2 links. One for a driver (turns out it is MCP-61-80) and a link for W-10. That is how I installed W-10. It took longer as the HP does not have the fastest processor, but it worked, except for the stretched display.
    Does anyone have a good idea how to fix this issue? When it comes to computers, I am not that technical, so ber with me.

Bill Lambing

ps: Is there an issue with IE-11 and W-10?

WilliamLambing, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Inconsistency sharing folders on home network. W 7 Pro & W 10 Pro,

1. Inconsistency sharing folders on home network. W 7 Pro & W 10 Pro, - Similar Threads - Inconsistency sharing folders

2. Best way to upgrade W 10 Home to Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best way to upgrade W 10 Home to Pro?: Best way to upgrade W 10 Home to Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-way-to-upgrade-w-10-home-to-pro/1312ad2b-d280-4f44-a4bd-b9f5cb8a2e41
  3. slm w 10 pro güvenlik ve w defander yeterlimi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    slm w 10 pro güvenlik ve w defander yeterlimi: slm w 10 pro kullanıyorum güvenlik için w defander yeterlimi yoksa bir anti virüs yüklemelimiyim önerilerinizi bekliyorum kolay kolay gelsin...
  4. slm w 10 pro kullanıyorum güvenlik için w defander yeterlimi

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    slm w 10 pro kullanıyorum güvenlik için w defander yeterlimi: slm w 10 pro kullanıyorum güvenlik için w defander yeterlimi yoksa başka bir anti virüs yüklemeliyim önerilerinizi rica ediyorum kolay gelsin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slm-w-10-pro-kullan%C4%B1yorum-g%C3%BCvenlik/593b90b7-93d4-4bd1-95b1-0d6014894f75
  5. Problems with W 10 on connecting to a private home network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with W 10 on connecting to a private home network.: Hi; W 10 is being very problematic in connecting to a home network and with other computers on the network. I have always had a Homegroup defined with a W 7 and a W 8.1 connected up. Always very consistent and reliable. Now having been forced to W 10 with a new computer, I...
  6. Upgrade w 7 to W 10

Upgrade w 7 to W 10: Hello, Cannot upgrade w 7 to w 10 getrs locked to infinite 0 does not move even after severasl hours akso try differently by placing the ESO on the desktop and uploading after, still the same result How can this work normally ? Please hlep Thank you...
  7. 10 free upgrade from W-7 Pro to 10 Pro ??

10 free upgrade from W-7 Pro to 10 Pro ??: Done a lot of free upgrades from W-7 Home to 10 Home with no problem. Now have a W-7 Pro that wants to be upgraded to 10 Pro. Can I use my usual method, going to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 and doing the upgrade this PC?? Pete 146200
  8. Network Drive shared folder inconsistency

Network Drive shared folder inconsistency: Hi MS Community, I'm totally new to Network Drive or any kind of sharing drive world, I have a lot of questions to ask but here I want to be specific. So, some IT guy set up a network drive for my company and there're a crash few weeks ago. After restore from...
  9. Windows 10 pro can't access shared folder on home network

Windows 10 pro can't access shared folder on home network: Dear folk I have my work laptop windows 10 that joined a work domain (not workgroup) and I have my home desktop windows 7 that on workgroup. My user domain been assigned to administrator group When I am at home and from my work laptop I used to access a shared...
  10. W 7 Pro to W 10 on a Panasonic Toughbook - many failures

in Windows 10 Support
    W 7 Pro to W 10 on a Panasonic Toughbook - many failures: I have just updated from W 7 Pro, my Panasonic Cf-53JSWZGDE using the standard Microsoft download. I noticed that a warning flashed on the screen about a Bluetooth problem, during the update. The BT mouse no longer works, but no yellow indicator in the Device Manager. The...