Windows 10: Increasing Font Size in Windows 10?

Discus and support Increasing Font Size in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I know this is a very basic question, but I'm still new to Windows 10 so I need some help. I've been really struggling to read the text on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NiceAndShy, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Increasing Font Size in Windows 10?

Hi all, I know this is a very basic question, but I'm still new to Windows 10 so I need some help.

I've been really struggling to read the text on my PC screen recently. I've increased the "zoom" amount in my web browsers, but the text in the menus like at the top of the screen aren't increasing.

Are font sizes in apps and the Windows 10 OS separate?

How can I do this?

:)

NiceAndShy, Oct 31, 2016
  2. Alec Spyrou, Oct 31, 2016
  3. How to increase the the size of fonts Letter size e.mails i use g mail .com

Un like windows xp it was to easey to increase the the size of the print for e mails / fonts .

I have been unable to increase the font size in Windows 10

donaldbreckenridge, Oct 31, 2016
  4. Looey Win User

Increasing Font Size in Windows 10?

Have you tried holding down the ctrl key and moving the scroll wheel?

Looey, Oct 31, 2016
  5. spunk Win User
    You may want to change the Screen Resolution of your whole computer. Right click a blank spot on the desktop, and Choose Display Settings/Advanced Settings. Choose a lower #.
    If you just want icons and text to be larger then go to Control Panel/Ease Of Access Center/Make the computer Easier to See/Change Size of text and icons.

spunk, Oct 31, 2016
  6. Thanks, but I'm happy with my PC's screen resolution, which is 1920x1080.

I want to increase the font size of menu's and so on in Windows 10.

NiceAndShy, Oct 31, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 31, 2016
  8. Increasing Font Size in Windows 10?

Thanks, but what about the fonts at the top of my web browser that name each of the opened tabs?

NiceAndShy, Oct 31, 2016
  9. Hi:

Those settings are controlled by the browser itself.

For Firefox, there is an add-on called Classic Theme Restorer that includes customization settings for nearly every aspect of the browser's appearance, including tab width and tab height (but not specifically the FONT size):

Classic Theme Restorer :: Add-ons for Firefox

There may be other tab add-ons that may also do what you want.
    You would need to research it a bit and try them out.
    Tabs :: Add-ons for Firefox

>>IMPORTANT: before adding extensions and making changes, it is highly suggested that you backup your profile, either manually as explained HERE, or using an extension such as FEBE. That way, if you do not like the changes or if they break something, you can undo them.

This was just an example for Firefox. I expect that most other browsers have similar extensions to permit modifying certain appearance features, such as tab size/font.

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 31, 2016
  10. Thanks so much!

My fonts are now much larger except for the tabs in Google Chrome. How can I make them larger?

NiceAndShy, Nov 3, 2016
  11. Hi:

You are most welcome.

I do not use Chrome, so I do not know.
    But a quick internet search for "increase tab font size Chrome" turned up these links (and many others) -- perhaps they will help.
    Note: I have not visited the links or tried the suggestions, so I cannot verify the suggestions.

How to change the font size in my browser
    windows 10 - Chrome tab font too small - Super User
    http://productforums.google.com/d/to...me/78MEpj2jsyY
    https://productforums.google.com/d/t...me/BnI6QInBHC4

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 3, 2016
  12. Mooly Win User
    For the basic Windows (explorer) views I find these settings work well for me. These are all accessible from 'control panel' and then 'display'. You can also alter the .dpi' setting to make everything larger.

Title Bars 11 Bold
    Menus 9 Bold
    Message Boxes 9 Bold
    Palette Title 9 Standard
    Icons 12 Bold
    Tooltips 12 Bold

These setting give this kind of look.

Increasing Font Size in Windows 10? [​IMG]

Mooly, Nov 3, 2016
  13. Increasing Font Size in Windows 10?

Thanks!

I restarted Google Chrome and the text is much bigger now.

NiceAndShy, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Increasing Font Size in Windows 10?

1. Increasing Font Size in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Increasing Font Size

2. How to Increase Font Size?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Increase Font Size?: I have W10 home - latest vers - cannot find the right way to ask this question in Help. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-font-size/1fdedf3d-1e44-4b36-be3f-33839cf907d3
  3. How to Increase Font Size?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Increase Font Size?: I have W10 home - latest vers - cannot find the right way to ask this question in Help. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-font-size/1fdedf3d-1e44-4b36-be3f-33839cf907d3
  4. How to Increase Font Size?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Font Size Continually Increasing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font Size Continually Increasing: I installed Windows 11 about a month ago and in the past week I have started having issues with my font size. Weirdly, it only occurs with the text that says "File Explorer" in the top left corner of the file explorer, with the shortcuts on my browser homepage, and with the...
  6. Font Size Continually Increasing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font Size Continually Increasing: I installed Windows 11 about a month ago and in the past week I have started having issues with my font size. Weirdly, it only occurs with the text that says "File Explorer" in the top left corner of the file explorer, with the shortcuts on my browser homepage, and with the...
  7. Increasing font size in applications?

in Windows 10 Support
    Increasing font size in applications?: Hello all- My first post here, so please be gentle *Wink As I age, the default font in most Windows applications seems to get smaller (funny how that happens). While I work in Word 2019 primarily, I suspect what I want to change may well be controlled through the OS. So, is...
  8. Increase system font size!

Increase system font size!: I want to increase this <CENSORED> tiny font in Windows 10! No, I don't want to rescale everything, because then everything is big like hell!. No, increasing Text size only don't affect system font size! Do you know, how hard is to read such tiny letters under 1920 × 1200?!...
  9. Not able to increase font size in windows 10

Not able to increase font size in windows 10: I have tried to increase font size but the slider to alter font size does not appear instead aa drop down menu comes up offering 2 settings100 and 125% Got updated version of windows 10 Can you help...
  10. Increase font size in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Increase font size in Edge?: Does anyone know of a way to enlarge the fonts on the tabs and favorites bar items? The old eyes are not what they were, and I'd like to bump up the size if it's possible. A registry entry? Anything? TIA 53632

Users found this page by searching for:

1. easey way to enlarge print on screen