Windows 10: Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size for Icons in Windows 10 You can make the text of icons on your screen easier... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Joanne, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Joanne Win User

Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10

How to: Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10

How to Change Text Size for Icons in Windows 10

You can make the text of icons on your screen easier to see by making them larger while keeping your display set to its recommended DPI.

This will affect the text font size for icons in:
    • Address bars
    • Desktop
    • File Explorer
    This tutorial will show you how to change the font size of text for the name of icons to what you want for your account in Windows 10.

*note If you change your DPI scaling level, it will also change the text size of icons to scale with the set DPI.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Change Text Size for Icons using "System Font Size Changer" by WinTools
    • Option Two: Change Text Size for Icons using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Before and After icons text size

Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Change Text Size for Icons using "System Font Size Changer" by WinTools
    1. If you haven't already, download the latest version of System Font Size Changer from WinTools.
    Download
    2. Run the downloaded changesize.exe file.

*note This is a standalone .exe file (program) that does not install anything on your system.

3. If you like, you can click/tap on Export to export your current font text size settings to a .reg file to make restoring them easy if needed.

4. Perform the following actions: (see screenshot below)
    • Select (dot) Icon.
    • Check or uncheck Bold if you want bold text or not.
    • Adjust the slider for the font size you want.
    • When finished, click/tap on Apply.

5. Click/tap on OK when you are ready to sign in again. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Change Text Size for Icons using a REG file
    1. Click/tap on the Download button in the table below for the icons text size you want, and if you want the text to be bold or not.

2. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

3. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

4. If prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

5. sign in to apply.

6. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

[table][tr][td]Icons Text Size[/td] [td]Not-bold[/td] [td]Bold[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]6[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]7[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]8[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]9 (default - not-bold)[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]10[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]11[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]12[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]13[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]14[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]15[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]16[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]17[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]18[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]19[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]20[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]21[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]22[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]23[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]24[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [/table]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Joanne, Aug 27, 2015
  2. Shawn Brink, Aug 27, 2015
  3. Where is Advanced sizing of text in windows10 new creators update?

Where is Advanced sizing of text in windows 10 new creators update?

How do we change text size on desktop icons?

HP Envy m7-n101 Laptop, Aug 27, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hey Joanne, *Smile

The text size setting for menu has stayed to what I set it using your same settings.

I haven't forgot about the reliability history tutorial. It's still on my long list.

I'll have some for Windows Firewall as well, but I'm not much good with the advanced settings for it though.

Brink, Aug 27, 2015
  5. Joanne Win User
    I see...
    Well, perhaps it has to do with the monitor? So, when you set your Menus to 12, for example, and you see their size increasing, when you set the next item to 12, your Menus do not return to 9? And do you set each one and Apply or set all of them items and then Apply?

Looking forward to both, thank you! *Smile

Joanne, Aug 27, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I had set them all at once, then clicked on apply.

Brink, Aug 28, 2015
  7. Joanne Win User
    Okay, I suppose you are on the latest insider build?

Two last questions, please:

1) If you set the Menus to 12, how do the menus in Office (or other programs) look? Do they look normal or do they look oversized?

2) I have not tried this method lately but why do you think my Menus were returning to size 9? Do you think it has to do with my monitors?

Thanks!

Joanne, Aug 28, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Yep, using the latest build 10532.

Q1) It increased the menu text size in Office 2016.

Q2) Not sure why. Possibly one of the other settings reset it??

Brink, Aug 28, 2015
  9. Joanne Win User
    Yes, it increased the menus in my Office 2016, as well, and they were looking ridiculously big in my screens...

If by "one of the other settings reset it" you mean some other setting from this drop-down list then I don't know. All I know is that it should not reset it.

If, on the other hand, by "one of the other settings" you mean some other setting in Windows, I can reassure you that no. Because right after I clean-install the OS, and without any tweaking applied, and without any program installed, I check to see IF some of the bugs I know and have observed, have been fixed. So, I tried increasing the size of these items right after installing the OS. The Menus were not working for me. And it is a pity because the Menus define the size of a monitoring tool I always use: HWiNFO64, the best monitoring tool available! It was displaying too minuscule in my system, as everything else, and its size (the Sensor window size) could be increased only via the Menus item. And this specific item was not functioning in my system, lol...

Anyway, no worries *Smile
    As soon as Microsoft will provide a new official ISO, I will clean-install and retry. If it will work, fine! If not I will return to my .cmd file and no problem.

Thank you.

Joanne, Aug 28, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    This tutorial has been updated to add OPTION TWO to change the text size of icons using a REG file since OPTION ONE is no longer available starting with Windows 10 build 15019. *Smile

Brink, Feb 17, 2017
  11. Hi Shawn,

It worked, thank you very much.

jeffery8341, Mar 24, 2017
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Jeffery, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Brink, Mar 24, 2017
  13. Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10

I gave up trying insider builds but have now installed RTM build 15063. I was stunned to discover the option to change text size for various items has been removed. Ever since the demise of XP, it seems to me each build of Windows just gets more dumbed down. Microsoft's tactic of removing features and calling it an upgrade is disingenious and grossly misleading.

Thanks to you and Ten Forums for all the tips and registry tweaks which at least make Windows 10 bearable.

The Doctor, Mar 28, 2017
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad it could Doc. *Smile

Brink, Mar 28, 2017
  15. Thank you very much for this; especially with option #1 being removed now. One of the links is bad though. The reg file for size 14 (normal) is not there. The link just points to a .png file at the moment.

Also, when option 1 was available, "Palette Titles" was also an option where you could change the text size. Is there a .reg file for that one too?

sleeper0993, Mar 30, 2017
Thema:

1. Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Icons Text

2. Change Default Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Default Text Size in Windows 10: When setting up Windows 10, there is a part where you select the default font size. I made a mistake and set it to "11" rather than the standard "12". I would like to change that setting but am unable to find out where to do that....
  3. Is there a way to set the size of icons and text in Windows 10

Is there a way to set the size of icons and text in Windows 10: Hi forum, I have a new desktop with Windows 10 installed. My old desktop was on Windows 7, then upgraded to Windows 10 and things on the screen looked the same. This new desktop has Windows 10, but everything is smaller and hard to read. My old desktop had the icons and...
  4. How to Change Text Size in Windows 10

How to Change Text Size in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] source: https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/change-text-size-in-windows-10.17663/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-text-size-in-windows-10/aaee319a-0def-45a3-954d-b048781027d0
  5. How to Change Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Change Text Size in Windows 10: https://i.postimg.cc/GhsWcXDC/1.jpg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-text-size-in-windows-10/aaee319a-0def-45a3-954d-b048781027d0"
  6. How to change the size of text in Windows. Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to change the size of text in Windows. Windows 10: I'm trying to change the size of text in Windows. Both Bing and my settings took me to the link below. This is a Microsoft article last updated just over two months ago and it refers to using a slider bar. Neither this HP laptop nor my new Lenovo laptop show a slider bar and...
  7. Icon Text size Win 10

Icon Text size Win 10: How can I increase the size of ICON text on desktop screen. Control and mouse wheel increase icon but not text. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-text-size-win-10/6f381cc2-e5e2-4889-b763-5543c16dafb3
  8. Change Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Text Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17692, the ability to increase text size across the system is back and better than ever. You can use a new setting called Make everything bigger with a slider...
  9. Change Menus Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Menus Text Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Menus Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size for Menus in Windows 10 You can make the text for menus on your screen easier to see by making them larger while keeping your display set to its recommended DPI. This will affect the following...
  10. Change Tooltips Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Tooltips Text Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Tooltips Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size for Tooltips in Windows 10 A tooltip is a small pop-up that displays the label of an unlabeled control or glyph in Windows. This tutorial will show you how to change the font size of text for...