Windows 10: Indexing not running

Discus and support Indexing not running in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; as i said O&O is portable, it's not active until you launch the exe. You launch it, make your selection, shut it down and reboot. Fixes are permanent.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ch3vr0n, Aug 13, 2016.

1. OldMike65 Win User

Indexing not running

Ok so O&O is NOT on your computer anywhere?? you run it from a USB stick?? you say its portable?? but it still can be on your computer. Is it listed in your Programs folder ???

OldMike65, Aug 16, 2016
  2. Ch3vr0n Win User

Still on pc in a folder on documents, but portable apps arent active until you launch the exe. That's the whole point of them. No need to install anything, no registry entries, no start menu entries, no startup entries, nothing.... Just a standalone exe you execute whenever you want to run it.

Ch3vr0n, Aug 16, 2016
  3. OldMike65 Win User
    Ok can this program Reverse any changes it has made to your registry??? Is that an Option?? If not, then you just might be looking at doing a repair install, using the newest Windows ISO. Win10_1607_English_x64

OldMike65, Aug 16, 2016
  4. Ch3vr0n Win User

Indexing not running

yeah it can. tried, didn't work.

Ch3vr0n, Aug 16, 2016
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    Well then, only sure way is doing the repair install, using the newest Windows ISO. Which there is a link to here.
    Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums
    Once you download the correct version for your Windows OS, then just Mount it anywhere on your hard drive and run the setup.exe. You do NOT have to put the iso on any USB or DVD to do your repair. Use Option # 1 on that link.

OldMike65, Aug 16, 2016
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Here is a screenshot of the Mount option I am talking about.

Indexing not running [​IMG]

This option only shows when a ISO is chosen. Just so you know.

OldMike65, Aug 16, 2016
  7. Ch3vr0n Win User
    i know my way around mounting iso's *Smile That won't be a problem. I'll try to do a repair install over the weekend.

Ch3vr0n, Aug 16, 2016
  8. OldMike65 Win User

Indexing not running

That will work 100% Done it myself a few times. I still would not use that O&O EVER again....and would delete it. *Smile
    Repair install only takes me about 30 mins to complete on an SSD
    Also once your Computer is Stable and running Good, PLEASE do a complete Image Backup using Macrium Reflect, and store it on a 2nd drive, external would be the BEST place.
    Link Below
    Macrium Reflect Free

OldMike65, Aug 16, 2016
  9. Ch3vr0n Win User
    i have macrium. Guess i could install a vm to see if the latest image i have works. Any recommendations? The images are already stored on 1 of the drives in the case's hotswap bays *Smile

Ch3vr0n, Aug 16, 2016
  10. OldMike65 Win User
    You need to run Macrium's Recsue Disk ....that will make you a bootable rescue disk, also install its PE files, along with your drivers that it needs to boot. Fire up your Macrium Click on Other Tasks from main menu Top. Then click on Create Rescue Media. You will need a USB stick or a DVD..... USB is better option.

OldMike65, Aug 16, 2016
  11. OldMike65 Win User
    You don't need to be in any VM to run Macrium ....

OldMike65, Aug 16, 2016
  12. Ch3vr0n Win User
    true, but i can't check if indexing service works by exploring the image can i *Wink by installing the image i can

Ch3vr0n, Aug 16, 2016
  13. OldMike65 Win User

Indexing not running

How old are your images you made from Macrium?? If they are fairly new complete image's BEFORE you played with O&O then your indexing should work.

OldMike65, Aug 16, 2016
  14. OldMike65 Win User
    Thats correct .....but it takes me 10 to 14 mins to restore a complete image back on to my C drive. Your rig sounds like its pretty fast.

OldMike65, Aug 16, 2016
  15. OldMike65 Win User
    Regardless you STILL need to make your Rescue Disk.....that IS the bottom line. *Smile
    4GB stick costs about 6 bucks ...its all you need to make the rescue disk.

OldMike65, Aug 16, 2016
Thema:

Indexing not running

1. Indexing not running - Similar Threads - Indexing running

2. Indexing is running, but documents are not being indexed. We are unable to stop, start,,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing is running, but documents are not being indexed. We are unable to stop, start,,...: Last week onwards, I looked for the screenshot below. Restarted many times but there was no result.Indexing is running, but documents are not being indexed. We are unable to stop, start,, and restart the Windows search services in the Services.msc.I have done the following...
  3. Indexing is running, but documents are not being indexed. We are unable to stop, start,,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Indexing is running, but documents are not being indexed. We are unable to stop, start,,...: Last week onwards, I looked for the screenshot below. Restarted many times but there was no result.Indexing is running, but documents are not being indexed. We are unable to stop, start,, and restart the Windows search services in the Services.msc.I have done the following...
  4. Windows 11 Indexing Is Paused But Still Running in Background, Constant CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Indexing Is Paused But Still Running in Background, Constant CPU Usage: Inside of Indexing Options, the number of items indexed continues to increase yet says that indexing is paused:Indexing never finishes, eventually just stopping itself sometime after 100,000 items out of roughly 600,000 items. Even after stopping, Windows Search Filter Host...
  5. Windows 11 Indexing Is Paused But Still Running in Background, Constant CPU Usage

Windows 11 Indexing Is Paused But Still Running in Background, Constant CPU Usage: Inside of Indexing Options, the number of items indexed continues to increase yet says that indexing is paused:Indexing never finishes, eventually just stopping itself sometime after 100,000 items out of roughly 600,000 items. Even after stopping, Windows Search Filter Host...
  6. Indexing is not running.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing is not running.: When searching on Start Menu, it says Search Indexing was Turned Off. When I click on Turn On Indexing, I get Indexing is not running. There's no option to start indexing, and troubleshoot search and indexing doesn't turn it on....
  7. Indexing is not running.

Indexing is not running.: When searching on Start Menu, it says Search Indexing was Turned Off. When I click on Turn On Indexing, I get Indexing is not running. There's no option to start indexing, and troubleshoot search and indexing doesn't turn it on....
  8. Search Indexing is not running and unable to turn on, please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Indexing is not running and unable to turn on, please help: Earlier the Windows Search was running fine, but now when I search in Windows Explorer, it shows 'Search indexing was turn off. Turn indexing back on.' When I click here Indexing Options opens with a message 'Indexing is not running.' I try to open 'Searching Windows' option...
  9. Search Indexing is not running and unable to turn on, please help

Search Indexing is not running and unable to turn on, please help: Earlier the Windows Search was running fine, but now when I search in Windows Explorer, it shows 'Search indexing was turn off. Turn indexing back on.' When I click here Indexing Options opens with a message 'Indexing is not running.' I try to open 'Searching Windows' option...
  10. Windows 11 indexing overheating laptop and running incredibly slow

Windows 11 indexing overheating laptop and running incredibly slow: Found similar topics but none that cover both. My laptop is running ay 90-98° when idle - I'm pretty sure it's Windows Search Indexer, as it was showing over 50% CPU usage when I first noticed the issue. I started rebuilding the index 5 days ago and it's still only at 82K...