Windows 10: Information from chkdsk/r

Discus and support Information from chkdsk/r in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; In the past after multiple blue screens I restored back to as new. As I have written before I've stayed very, very conservative using all MS major apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by lpatrick, Nov 24, 2017.

1. lpatrick Win User

Information from chkdsk/r

In the past after multiple blue screens I restored back to as new. As I have written before I've stayed very, very conservative using all MS major apps such as Mail, Edge and Defender. No problems until a short while after I installed then uninstalled Firefox Quantum. Within an hour a blue screen occurred. Could be simply coincidence. After a bit of reading I ran chkdsk/r. All now is good. Is there a way to discover what chkdsk/r found if anything?

:)

lpatrick, Nov 24, 2017
  2. Mitjah Win User

A question about the difference between CHKDSK, CHKDSK /F and CHKDSK /scan

Really? According to CHKDSK /? or help, only CHKDSK /R does look for bad sectors, CHKDSK /F does not, only for file and folder structure errors.

I did some research and come to conclusion that:

1. CHKDSK command alone, like CHKDSK C: will just check the disk but it will not attempt to repair any error found.

2. CHKDSK /F will check the disk and try to correct any error found.

3. CHKDSK /F /R (according to CHKDSK /? or help CHKDSK /R implies /F even if parameter /F is not set) will check the disk, try to correct any error found and locate bad sector and recover readable information from bad sectors.

Still I don't quite understand CHKDSK /scan. I guess it is a less thorough scan than CHKDSK /F, since can be performed as online scan without the need to reboot. But what exactIy is the difference between CHKDSK /F and CHKDSK /scan?

Mitjah, Nov 24, 2017
  3. CHKDSK /f/r

Hello Mr. Cai,

Thank you for the advice,

I will just leave it to finish the task,

Best Regards

Emanuel Benedicto, Nov 24, 2017
  4. Information from chkdsk/r

Caledon Ken, Nov 24, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Information from chkdsk/r

1. Information from chkdsk/r - Similar Threads - Information chkdsk

2. How can I access my brother's outlook email so I can give the information to his attorney?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I access my brother's outlook email so I can give the information to his attorney?: My brother "John Hendrick" is an American and he was arrested in Canada and is currently in jail waiting for his court appearance. The evidence he needs for his defense is in his email account which he does not have access to in jail. How can I access his email so I can give...
  3. How can I access my brother's outlook email so I can give the information to his attorney?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I access my brother's outlook email so I can give the information to his attorney?: My brother "John Hendrick" is an American and he was arrested in Canada and is currently in jail waiting for his court appearance. The evidence he needs for his defense is in his email account which he does not have access to in jail. How can I access his email so I can give...
  4. How can I access my brother's outlook email so I can give the information to his attorney?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Next of Kin Data Release Information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Next of Kin Data Release Information: Good Morning!I was wondering how the Next of Kin process works in regards to the employer. I have read about the process and how it applies to the family members of the deceased, but how exactly would that apply to the employer side of things? Is there a way to access their...
  6. Next of Kin Data Release Information

Next of Kin Data Release Information: Good Morning!I was wondering how the Next of Kin process works in regards to the employer. I have read about the process and how it applies to the family members of the deceased, but how exactly would that apply to the employer side of things? Is there a way to access their...
  7. Can I use Windows 11 .5GB OneDrive for other than profile information?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use Windows 11 .5GB OneDrive for other than profile information?: What I want to do:Use the Windows 11 .5GB OneDrive for other than profile information. Configuration:- Windows 11 Pro- Local User Accounts - This isn't going to change- Online Account - I use to register software etc.Situation:I have a OneDrive folder that shows in Windows...
  8. Can I use Windows 11 .5GB OneDrive for other than profile information?

Can I use Windows 11 .5GB OneDrive for other than profile information?: What I want to do:Use the Windows 11 .5GB OneDrive for other than profile information. Configuration:- Windows 11 Pro- Local User Accounts - This isn't going to change- Online Account - I use to register software etc.Situation:I have a OneDrive folder that shows in Windows...
  9. "CHKDSK is resetting USN information..." message stuck at 2%, what?

"CHKDSK is resetting USN information..." message stuck at 2%, what?: I did the disk check today May 3 after a couple of attempts doing the CHKDSK thing.I did the disk check right now using command prompt without doing the next reboot and I started it at 1:12 PM with no issues. But after at about 3:00 PM it says this:"34986 data files...
  10. "CHKDSK is resetting USN information..." message stuck at 2%, what?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "CHKDSK is resetting USN information..." message stuck at 2%, what?: I did the disk check today May 3 after a couple of attempts doing the CHKDSK thing.I did the disk check right now using command prompt without doing the next reboot and I started it at 1:12 PM with no issues. But after at about 3:00 PM it says this:"34986 data files...