Windows 10: Insert Online Media

Discus and support Insert Online Media in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to embed a youtube video into my word document, but when I click insert I do not see the media video online to do this. Do I need to purchase... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Drebo, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Drebo Win User

Insert Online Media

I want to embed a youtube video into my word document, but when I click insert I do not see the media video online to do this. Do I need to purchase something to get this capability?

:)

Drebo, Apr 25, 2020
  2. Geethu B Win User

Issue with booting the computer and get error message "insert proper media device".

Hi Dan,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with booting the computer and get error message
    "insert proper media device". I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know if you make any recent changes on the computer prior to this issue?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Conflict between external devices.

2. Corrupt System files.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

Disconnect all peripheral devices except for keyboard and mouse and check if the issue still persists.

Method 2:

If the issue still persists, I suggest you boot the computer from installation media and perform Automatic Repair from Windows Recovery environment.

Step 1:

To create Windows 10 installation media, you may refer the article.

Download Windows 10

Step 2:

I suggest you to perform automatic repair from the Windows Recovery environment.

To perform Automatic repair follow these steps:

a) Insert the installation media such as (USB or DVD) and
    restart the computer.

b) Press F12 key (typically this is F12, but it can differ between computer manufacturers) and
    choose the drive that you inserted the installation media
    into.

c) Once the Windows Setup window appears, follow these steps.

d) Click Next and select Repair your computer.

e) You will then see a blue screen and an option to choose.

f) Choose the option Troubleshoot and select Advanced
    options.

g) You may choose Automatic Repair from Advanced boot
    option.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

4. Insert Online Media

Inserting Media interrupts Windows Media Player playback (Win10)

It's not happening on my PC. You could have called MS for this before.

I suggest running the troubleshooter:

• search for Troubleshooting in start.
    • Click view all\
    • Run the 3 troubleshooter for Media Player. (WMP DVD WMP Libarary WMP Settings)

Hope that helps

5a5d6cb6-7934-4184-8f8b-e1d16573aa87, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Insert Online Media

1. Insert Online Media - Similar Threads - Insert Online Media

2. Please insert the external storage media and press ok

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please insert the external storage media and press ok: Hi I just upgraded my windows 7 to 10 but when I restart my laptop it shows the error please insert the external storage media and press ok please help me to reset my pc and login...
  3. Please insert the external storage media and press ok

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Please insert the external storage media and press ok: Hi I just upgraded my windows 7 to 10 but when I restart my laptop it shows the error please insert the external storage media and press ok please help me to reset my pc and login...
  4. The images are not displayed on Insert Online Pictures of Excel

in Windows 10 Customization
    The images are not displayed on Insert Online Pictures of Excel: I wanted to insert an online picture on my Excel or Word file, when I chose a category for example Airplane, but the images are not displayed see the screenshot below. I reset all my browsers, it didn't work, the images are still not displayed. Whereas the issue didn't happen...
  5. Windows Media Player ignores an inserted DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player ignores an inserted DVD: I bought an Italian language teaching aid book ("Caccia ai tesori") and with it comes a disk with mp3 and video files to play on my Windows 10 laptop. Windows Media Player presumably plays DVDs (at least it used to in earlier versions) but is ignoring the DVD drive. There...
  6. select proper boot device or insert boot media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    select proper boot device or insert boot media: Hi, I have been running a stationary computer (windows 10 pro) for about one year now. never failed before. Last night I upgraded, a rather large upgrade, duration 1 hour or more. After the upgrade the message on the screen is "select proper boot device or insert boot...
  7. Error: please insert external media...

Error: please insert external media...: [ATTACH]this is what I'm getting and I can't click open or close anything what do I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-please-insert-external-media/d3d4a0bf-5dcd-4f6d-9f26-32a711f3b96f
  8. Error:please insert the external storage media

Error:please insert the external storage media: I'm getting this : error: Please insert the external storage media and press ok ......black screen in background and the " loading dots going in circles"...
  9. Media inserted is not valid

Media inserted is not valid: Hey everyone, I have a laptop Acer Aspire V 13 and a week ago when I tried turning it on it was stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" and did not turn on I tried everything, When I saw that nothing worked I decided to reset the laptop completely through the blue reset...
  10. Insert media for reset or refresh

Insert media for reset or refresh: A few of my apps disappeared, and I can't open the app store. I tried using a restore point, which it said it could not complete. Tried a different date, same result. Tried a powershell command I found on another tech site. No good. Now I'm looking at doing a reset or...