Windows 10: Installing 2 different video cards windows will not start.

Discus and support Installing 2 different video cards windows will not start. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; NVIDIA TITAN X and NVIDIA GTX 980 video cards I have installed both cards separately with no problems, but when I install them both windows hangs on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mantronics, May 25, 2015.

1. Installing 2 different video cards windows will not start.

NVIDIA TITAN X and NVIDIA GTX 980 video cards

I have installed both cards separately with no problems, but when I install them both windows hangs on startup and will not give me any display. Any suggestions would be great, thanks.

:)

mantronics, May 25, 2015
  2. D and SB Win User

Windows 10 home 64bit Feature update 1709 will not install

Yes I did.

1.) I un-installed AVG virus scanner and switched too and activated Windows Defender. Made no different.

2.) Updated the PC bios. Made no difference.

3.) Updated the Video driver to latest for the PC Radeon Video PCIe card and that made no difference as well.

D and SB, May 25, 2015
  3. Lumia 720. video recording

Hi all, I notied recently that when recording video in 720p the video stops and start every 2-3 seconds on playback. it seems to record fine on low res but not hi. Ive tried recording to phone memory and sd card, niether make any difference. amber update
    installed.

addzeey---01, May 25, 2015
  4. Vladimir Win User

Installing 2 different video cards windows will not start.

According to Microsoft that kind of setup will be fully supported by DX12, but I guess it's not polished enough yet.

Supposedly DX12 will enable even mixed configurations of AMD and Nvidia GPUs to work together through the explicit asynchronous multi-GPU feature.

*Smile

Vladimir, May 25, 2015
  5. Graulges Win User
    Not quite the same but I'm running the built in Intel HD Graphics and NVidia GT610 on my machine with no problems might be because it's low end undemanding stuff or because there's only one discrete video card. So it is possible under some circumstances for two display adapters to run side by side.

Graulges, May 25, 2015
  6. DId you have to do any special setup or did windows just auto-install the drivers? I am wondering if I can tell windows not to auto-setup the 2nd video card and allow me to manually do it, but cannot find that option.

mantronics, May 25, 2015
  7. Graulges Win User
    Windows dealt with the Intel Graphics on the CPU without intervention on my part. The Nvidia card gave just a blank screen until I installed the latest Nvidia driver and I just ran the exe file for that. I didn't have to do anything special.

Graulges, May 25, 2015
  8. Installing 2 different video cards windows will not start.

In earlier versions of Windows you could F8 into safe mode and select the VGA graphics option. That would start Windows with just the basic windows Video driver. That would usually get you past video driver issues. Can you do that in Windows 10?

Have a look at this, https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

alphanumeric, May 25, 2015
  9. I do believe Windows now supports multiple graphics cards (even different models/brands) even without DirectX 12. DirectX 12 just lets you run different cards in SLI/Crossfire, which you can't do now.

alphanumeric, May 25, 2015
  10. Yes I now have windows seeing both video cards, but the GTX 980 is disabled by default setup (I am using it for a separate monitor), when I enable it I lose all video.

mantronics, May 26, 2015
  11. Thanks for the link, I went to the recommended attached sub-link to the Win 8 info on how to reinstate the F8 key option using the command prompt and was able to get into safe mode and setup the second card, but it is disabled when I boot back into standard mode and if I enable it, I lose all video.

mantronics, May 26, 2015
  12. I don't have any other ideas at the moment.

alphanumeric, May 26, 2015
  13. Installing 2 different video cards windows will not start.

Ok, update, it is working fine now in Build 10159 *Smile

mantronics, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Installing 2 different video cards windows will not start.

1. Installing 2 different video cards windows will not start. - Similar Threads - Installing different video

2. 2 video cards

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2 video cards: I have an older desktop (Intel DZ77BH-55K, i7-3770@3.50GHz, 32GB ram and Nvidia GeForce GTX 650) with W10 Pro v 22H2. I just purchased a Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 for dual monitors. I installed the new device and wouldn't boot to windows. I put the old GTX650 back in PCI Bus 1...
  3. Video card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video card: How can I determine whether my video card supports hardware encoding of H.264 codec? I am using Cyberlink PowerDirector software version 10 to convert a VHS C tape into an .mp4 file and I have hit a stumbling block. Thanks...
  4. 2 identical Files installed and 2 differents content....

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 identical Files installed and 2 differents content....: First of all, I am french so, sorry for mistakes, I just bought i new laptop with windows 10 and I had a problem with my different windows users .So I just finished erasing everything and now its a new one! So here is my problem. It seems that i dont see all files when i...
  5. Video Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video Card: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad L340, is my card Open CL Compatible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-card/fb51a277-b614-4e1a-87d5-f2142897f7f7
  6. Need help installing video card

Need help installing video card: HP Pavillion P7-1110, intel i-3, 8g ram, upgraded PSU to 430w, upgraded to latest win10 (v.1903), ACER SA-230 monitor. I recently felt the need to install a video card to speed up slow re-draws in a CAD program. I don't game. Bought a GIGABYTE GEOFORCE GT-1030 from Amazon....
  7. VIDEO CARD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VIDEO CARD: HOW DO I CHANGE MY VIDEO CARD ON MY PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-card/8ed2cbc9-0b85-4b04-a326-8d1c838778d2
  8. video card

video card: how do I fix or change my 'video card'? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-card/4eb6c88b-59d8-4703-96de-2f86e6fe5943
  9. video card

video card: Hello everyone I need help. some friends and I have a problem with our pc and it is that they do not use the whole video card and some simple programs run with difficulty. I have a netbook Processor intel celeron 847 and it has 967mb of total graphic memory but memory...
  10. 2 different refresh rate monitors 1 graphics card

2 different refresh rate monitors 1 graphics card: Hi, I was wondering if I would be able to use a 144hz and 60hz monitor at the same time, I have a gtx 1060 6gb. I wouldn't use the 60hz one for gaming but just for some basic tasks. I just thought it would be nice to have a secondary monitor, So in short, I would play games...