Windows 10: Installing a Different Edition of Windows

Discus and support Installing a Different Edition of Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Also, I run slmgr -dli as instructed here, Windows License Type - Determine if OEM, Retail, or Volume - Windows 10 Forums. Mine says RETAIL [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Krimstix, May 25, 2016.

1. Installing a Different Edition of Windows

6F4BT is the Windows 10 Home SL generic key you get via the Digital Entitlement. It shows Retail because once you do the free upgrade, you call Microsoft if you have issues not the OEM. That's my theory anyway. Mine shows RETAIL channel too, only it says Professional edition and my partial key is 3V66T.

alphanumeric, May 28, 2016
  2. Krimstix Win User

I backed up a system image of my Windows 10 then clean installed 10 Home SL. I ran ShowKeyPlus and the installed key was the generic key (the 6F4BT one). I dunno how this info could help you diagnose the problem.

Anyway, restored my system image now cause I don't want to redownload updates and drivers.

Krimstix, May 28, 2016
  3. Superfly Win User
    OK thanx, just found it odd that's all - as long a you are happy, it's all good .

Superfly, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Installing a Different Edition of Windows

1. Installing a Different Edition of Windows - Similar Threads - Installing Different Edition

2. difference Windows 10 Consumer and Business Editions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    difference Windows 10 Consumer and Business Editions: Hello,I'm looking to determine what is difference between Consumer and Business edition of the Windows 10 22H2 ISO on the Visual Studio Subscription downloads and keys page: I did not find the answer from a Micrsoft source any Microsoft page or third-party site. Don't send me...
  3. difference Windows 10 Consumer and Business Editions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    difference Windows 10 Consumer and Business Editions: Hello,I'm looking to determine what is difference between Consumer and Business edition of the Windows 10 22H2 ISO on the Visual Studio Subscription downloads and keys page: I did not find the answer from a Micrsoft source any Microsoft page or third-party site. Don't send me...
  4. difference Windows 10 Consumer and Business Editions

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Is there any difference in performance between windows home edition and windows pro edition ?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any difference in performance between windows home edition and windows pro edition ?!: Is there any difference in performance between windows home edition and windows pro edition ?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-difference-in-performance-between/309d928f-8bb0-4d57-8851-f12d69543bbf
  6. Is there any difference in performance between windows home edition and windows pro edition ?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any difference in performance between windows home edition and windows pro edition ?!: Is there any difference in performance between windows home edition and windows pro edition ?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-difference-in-performance-between/309d928f-8bb0-4d57-8851-f12d69543bbf
  7. Replace “3D Edit” With a Different App?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Replace “3D Edit” With a Different App?: I deleted paint and paint 3d. I use paint.net (and very occasionally gimp). Is there a way so that if I click 3d edit it opens the photo in paint.net? Thanks! submitted by /u/Aredditorandahalf [link] [comments]...
  8. Installing different Windows 10 edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing different Windows 10 edition: I have Windows 10 Pro N installed on my computer, i have not activated it because i don't have a licence key and i want to install either the Home or Pro edition, but when i'm trying to reinstall with the Media Creation Tool it just wants to install the Pro N version again....
  9. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition on different devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition on different devices: I downloaded Minecraft Windows 10 Edition on my desktop and I am now trying to download it on a laptop. I've read that I need to just sign into the same Microsoft account on the store and it will automatically re-install, but it's just telling me to buy it again even though...
  10. Can I install windows with the same edition but difference language ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I install windows with the same edition but difference language ?: *Smile As the topic said above,Can I install windows 10 with the same edition but difference language ? 11632