Windows 10: Installing Media Player / feature on Enterprise N 2016 LTSB

Discus and support Installing Media Player / feature on Enterprise N 2016 LTSB in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to install Windows Media Player / Features on Windows 10 Enterprise N 2016 LTSB. I did the following: 1. Downloaded the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LaLaLand, Feb 26, 2017.

1. LaLaLand Win User

Installing Media Player / feature on Enterprise N 2016 LTSB

Hi,

I am trying to install Windows Media Player / Features on Windows 10 Enterprise N 2016 LTSB.

I did the following:

1. Downloaded the installer from the following link and installed:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=48231

Nothing happened after installing. So, I did the following:

2. Start > Optional Features. To activate from the optional features. But it is not listed there as well.

Please let me know how to activate it.

A quick help will be much appreciated. I am not being able to connect my Android Phone to the Laptop as the Media features are not there in this LTSB version. Windows can't install the MTP Driver. *Mad

:)

LaLaLand, Feb 26, 2017
  2. Moulzy Win User

Media Feature Pack installs in Windows 10 'N' Enterprise but does not show up WMV Core DLL is missing

If you need Media Player, why do you install the N version of LTSB ?

The W10 2015 IoT Enterprise build (LTSB) 10240 includes Media Player

BR

Moulzy, Feb 26, 2017
  3. Media Feature Pack installs in Windows 10 'N' Enterprise but does not show up WMV Core DLL is missing

Its a chore, but this what you will have to do if you need Media Player.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 26, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

5. LaLaLand Win User
    Perfect solution. Thanks a lot.

Just one more thing, can I uninstall the non-required patch I installed? I am running out of space in C:. Windows update is also downloading non-required patches for Ms Office. Like updates for Skype and MsAccess, even though I do not have them installed. Later, the status is shown as "could not be installed". Can I select the updates? Or at least deleted them from C:.

Thanks.

LaLaLand, Feb 27, 2017
  6. Kari Win User
  7. LaLaLand Win User
    LaLaLand, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Installing Media Player / feature on Enterprise N 2016 LTSB - Similar Threads - Installing Media Player

2. Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 Enterprise N 21H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 Enterprise N 21H2: I used to have Media Feature Pack installed in my machine which is on Windows 10 Enterprise N. After enterprise updated to Windows 10 Enterprise N 21H2, the Media Feature Pack is no more available.I can see and select the Media Feature Pack from the optional features and can...
  3. Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB install: We currently have a CL100 brick pc that was purchased for one of our machines. It came with only a 30GB hard drive and 2GB of Ram, but had Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB on it. We are having issues with it that may be a faulty install of Windows, and rather than repair, I am...
  4. Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB install: We currently have a CL100 brick pc that was purchased for one of our machines. It came with only a 30GB hard drive and 2GB of Ram, but had Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB on it. We are having issues with it that may be a faulty install of Windows, and rather than repair, I am...
  5. Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB install

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Search Bar does not work on Windows 10 Enterprise N 2016 LTSB

in Cortana
    Search Bar does not work on Windows 10 Enterprise N 2016 LTSB: Bar does not work. I tried many many solves but it didn't work. I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-does-not-work-on-windows-10-enterprise/30fe3f56-d04a-4f87-9673-55fb318a69e6
  7. Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB, extra feature addition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB, extra feature addition: Hi, I am a C++ windows application developer. We are upgrading our application KIOSK based to work on Windows 10, Cause the support for Windows 7 is held up by Microsoft since January 2020. The OS environment used for production is "WINDOWS 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB". We found...
  8. Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016: I have a question about Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB from 2016, version build 1607. Could you help me? I’d like to know if this is a supported version and if this version gets security updates...
  9. Windows Media Features turned on and no Media player . Not an "N" Version

Windows Media Features turned on and no Media player . Not an "N" Version: I am trying to install Icloud for Windows 10 and it need the media player to work. I am not a "N" Version but a standard Windows 10 Pro on a Surface Pro 4. Version 1809. I have checked in Windows Features and the Media Features has been ticked. I have done all the...
  10. Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB: I just noticed this pop up on my MSDN downloads: Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB Looks like it may be 14393, as it was just released. But, this appears to be a new moniker (2016) rather than 1607. 60005