Windows 10: Uninstall Windows Update in Windows 10

Discus and support Uninstall Windows Update in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Uninstall Windows Update in Windows 10 How to Uninstall a Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows 10 automatically downloads and installs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by KOREA7, Nov 16, 2017.

1. KOREA7 Win User

Uninstall Windows Update in Windows 10

How to: Uninstall Windows Update in Windows 10

How to Uninstall a Windows Update in Windows 10

Windows 10 automatically downloads and installs updates to make sure your device is secure and up to date. This means you receive the latest fixes and security updates, helping your device run efficiently and stay protected.

It's not recommended to uninstall a Windows Update, but you may need to if you are having an issue with an installed update.

This tutorial will show you different ways on how to uninstall a Windows Update in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to uninstall updates.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: How to Uninstall a Windows Update in Control Panel Programs and Features
    • Option Two: How to Uninstall a Windows Update in Settings
    • Option Three: How to Uninstall a Windows Update in Command Prompt
    • Option Four: How to Uninstall Latest Quality or Feature Windows Update in Advanced Options at Boot

OPTION ONE [/i] How to Uninstall a Windows Update in Control Panel Programs and Features
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Programs and Features icon.

2. Click/tap on the View installed updates link on the left side. (see screenshot below)

Uninstall Windows Update in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. Select an update (ex: KB2058109) that you want to uninstall, and click/tap on Uninstall in the toolbar. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on Yes to confirm. (see screenshot below)

5. If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes.

6. If a restart is needed to finish uninstalling the update, then click/tap on Restart Now or Restart Later for what you want to do. The update will not be completely uninstalled until you restart the computer. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] How to Uninstall a Windows Update in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Update & Security icon.

2. Click/tap on View update history on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the Uninstall updates link, and go to step 3 in OPTION ONE above. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] How to Uninstall a Windows Update in Command Prompt
    1. Open an elevated command prompt.

2. In the elevated command prompt, copy and paste the command below, and press Enter to see a list of all installed Windows Update packages. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow wmic qfe list brief /format:table

3. In the elevated command prompt, type the command you want to use below, and press Enter. (see screenshots below)
    (Uninstall update and prompt to confirm uninstall and restart computer.)
    *Arrow wusa /uninstall /kb:updateID

(Silently uninstall update without user interaction. Automatically restart computer as needed)
    *Arrow wusa /uninstall /kb:updateID /quiet

(Silently uninstall update without user interaction, and will not restart computer. You will need to manually restart computer later.)
    *Arrow wusa /uninstall /kb:updateID /quiet /norestart

(Silently uninstall update and warn user for so many specified seconds before automatically restarting computer)
    *Arrow wusa /uninstall /kb:updateID /quiet /warnrestart:seconds

(Silently uninstall update and prompt to restart computer as needed)
    *Arrow wusa /uninstall /kb:updateID /quiet /promptrestart

(Silently uninstall update without user interaction. Forcefully close applications and restart computer)
    *Arrow wusa /uninstall /kb:updateID /quiet /forcerestart

*note Substitute updateID in the commands above with the actual KB number of the update you want to uninstall.

Substitute seconds in the warn command above with how many seconds you want to be warned before automatically restarting the computer.

For example: wusa /uninstall /kb:3058109 /quiet /warnrestart:30

4. If prompted, click/tap on Yes to confirm. (see screenshot below)

5. If prompted when a restart is needed to finish uninstalling the update, then click/tap on Restart Now or Restart Later for what you want to do. The update will not be completely uninstalled until you restart the computer. (see screenshot below)

OPTION FOUR [/i] How to Uninstall Latest Quality or Feature Windows Update in Advanced Options at Boot

*note This option is only available starting with Windows 10 version 1809.
    1. Boot to Advanced Startup.

2. Click/tap on Troubleshoot. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Advanced options. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on Uninstall Updates. (see screenshot below)

5. Click/tap on Uninstall latest quality update or Uninstall latest feature update for which type of last update you want to uninstall. (see screenshots below)

*note Feature updates
    With Windows 10, Microsoft will package new features into feature updates that can be deployed using existing management tools. Because feature updates are delivered more frequently than with previous Windows releases — twice per year, around March and September, rather than every 3–5 years — changes will be in bite-sized chunks rather than all at once and end user readiness time much shorter.

*note Quality updates
    Monthly updates in previous Windows versions were often overwhelming because of the sheer number of updates available each month. Many organizations selectively chose which updates they wanted to install and which they didn’t, and this created countless scenarios in which organizations deployed essential security updates but picked only a subset of non-security fixes.

In Windows 10, rather than receiving several updates each month and trying to figure out which the organization needs, which ultimately causes platform fragmentation, administrators will see one cumulative monthly update that supersedes the previous month’s update, containing both security and non-security fixes. This approach makes patching simpler and ensures that customers’ devices are more closely aligned with the testing done at Microsoft, reducing unexpected issues resulting from patching.

6. Click/tap on the administrator account you want to provide credentials for to approve this action. (see screenshot below)

7. Type the password for this administrator account, and click/tap on Continue. (see screenshot below)

8. Click/tap on Uninstall quality update or Uninstall feature update for what you selected. (see screenshots below)

9. The update will now start uninstalling. (see screenshots below)

10. If the update was successfully uninstalled, click/tap on Done. (see screenshot below)

11. You can now restart the computer back into Windows 10.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

KOREA7, Nov 16, 2017

2. Windows 10 haven't updated to version 1511 --- How to find product key

I haven't run the ISO disk as of yet, I want the current product key in hand, on a post it note, prior to doing that, not interested in MS bullS**T about it not being needed. 2 hours online with tech support and they can't cope with the question of how
    can the current product key be accessed in windows 10.

I've never owned a Apple product, but I can never see buying or having another MS product in my household after this.

NOT THE ONLY ONE

Windows 10 update fail, Nov 16, 2017
  3. How to Install Windows 10 on Devices with Limited Space

Even though I have an external device with more than 40 Gb capacity and the assistant recognizes it, it still keeps asking me to free 5 more Gb from the (unit CUninstall Windows Update in Windows 10 :).

I have 3'62 Gb free memory in (Unit CUninstall Windows Update in Windows 10 :). It asks me to free 5'63 Gb more. That'll make a total of 9'25 GB. The assistant needs 9'80 GB free memory to update windows 10 without any external device. Does this mean that my external device will only be used
    for 0'55 GB? Please I don't understant anything. I just want my laptop to work. I'd stay with my actual version but it keeps showing me ads, interrupting my work and deleting random stuff because of uninterruptible random updates. It has already freed 3 GB
    and I dont even know where from.

Thank you.

Update windows 10 error, Nov 16, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

I'm glad it could help KOREA7, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Brink, Nov 16, 2017
Thema:

1. Uninstall Windows Update in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Uninstall Update

2. Can we uninstall the updates which are old date in update history and i think we can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can we uninstall the updates which are old date in update history and i think we can...: Can we uninstall the updates which are old date in update history and i think we can uninstall old updates maybe it uses some space in the system? please suggest me on this matter I would appreciate your input....
  3. Can we uninstall the updates which are old date in update history and i think we can...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can we uninstall the updates which are old date in update history and i think we can...: Can we uninstall the updates which are old date in update history and i think we can uninstall old updates maybe it uses some space in the system? please suggest me on this matter I would appreciate your input....
  4. Updated my laptop and it somehow uninstalled all my system apps or something

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated my laptop and it somehow uninstalled all my system apps or something: I have a 80070003 error code but it’s effecting how my laptop totally operates. It won’t let me open my photos app, it won’t allow me to print things because it says it doesn’t have the app associated and when it starts up it says I need to download .NET Desktop Runtime...
  5. Updated my laptop and it somehow uninstalled all my system apps or something

Updated my laptop and it somehow uninstalled all my system apps or something: I have a 80070003 error code but it’s effecting how my laptop totally operates. It won’t let me open my photos app, it won’t allow me to print things because it says it doesn’t have the app associated and when it starts up it says I need to download .NET Desktop Runtime...
  6. Laptop turned super slow overnight. Uninstalled windows and now reinstalling as update...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turned super slow overnight. Uninstalled windows and now reinstalling as update...: Laptop turned super slow overnight. Uninstalled windows and now reinstalling as update would not work. Now it’s been stuck at 62% the window displays — Preparing to reset, Status: Preparing to reset. It’s been stuck on 62% status for over 60 minutes. I don’t know what to do....
  7. Laptop turned super slow overnight. Uninstalled windows and now reinstalling as update...

Laptop turned super slow overnight. Uninstalled windows and now reinstalling as update...: Laptop turned super slow overnight. Uninstalled windows and now reinstalling as update would not work. Now it’s been stuck at 62% the window displays — Preparing to reset, Status: Preparing to reset. It’s been stuck on 62% status for over 60 minutes. I don’t know what to do....
  8. Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?: Hi, after updating windows 10 to latest update my pc got stuck in an automatic repair loop and all troubleshoot options, including uninstalling recent update require admin account password which is allegedly incorrect even after resetting it using another pc. I also checked...
  9. Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?

Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?: Hi, after updating windows 10 to latest update my pc got stuck in an automatic repair loop and all troubleshoot options, including uninstalling recent update require admin account password which is allegedly incorrect even after resetting it using another pc. I also checked...
  10. Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot