Windows 10: installing old program from disc

Discus and support installing old program from disc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; l have and old version of msmoney 1999 and 2006 and want to install them as a teaching add for myself as it is a great program and will help me get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chi.8, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Chi.8 Win User

installing old program from disc

l have and old version of msmoney 1999 and 2006 and want to install them as a teaching add for myself as it is a great program and will help me get back on track as l have a serious illness and my memory has been affected , so would u be so kind as to help me with this issue, or can u give me a print out with guidelines to download from in internet as l have a lot of trouble and need a bit of help.

If u could help me it would be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards

Glenn

Chi.8

:)

Chi.8, Nov 28, 2018

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

4. installing old program from disc

installing a program disc on Windows 10

Thanks for the reply. I have not as yet tried that. I was able to install the tax program as I described. I have another disc that came with my new sewing machine. Using the process I described I was able to install the video for the sewing machine
    but it did not open. I'll try your suggestion to view that video.

busybee232, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

installing old program from disc

1. installing old program from disc - Similar Threads - installing old program

2. Installation Disc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installation Disc: So I'm building a computer and I needed an installation of Windows 10 Pro so I can run VMs. Does the Windows 10 media creation tool include all versions of Windows 10, and based on what key you get, it shows what features you get? I just want to make sure I get the right...
  3. old dell disc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    old dell disc: Hi I found this old DELL DISC does anyone know what these files are> Thank you TIMMY[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-dell-disc/0b54c790-8949-45ee-8d6c-cb2ea06f8140
  4. Cannot install a program from a disc without administrator permission even though I'm the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot install a program from a disc without administrator permission even though I'm the...: Like the question says: I'm trying to install a brand new program onto my laptop Windows 10. When I try to run the setup.exe it pops up saying I can't do it without administrator permission... I amthe administrator. So I did some digging and found out how to go in and...
  5. program install for old Adobe Photoshop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    program install for old Adobe Photoshop: Can't enter a serial number after installing Adobe CS3 (Photoshop) on my new Windows 10 computer. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-install-for-old-adobe-photoshop/ae5e3cb2-f879-4976-ab8e-1397abed0e47"
  6. Old Program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old Program: I have a program that I installed on a previous version of Windows. It will not install on Windows 10 Home. If I upgrade to another version of Windows, will it install? Which version?...
  7. Old programs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old programs: I have a USB modem from Verizon LG -VL600, it needs a VZ software driver to work with it, I have the software but I can't install it because according to Windows I can only install a program from windows store. what is the solution for this? Thank you....
  8. Move programs and date from old disc external drive to new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move programs and date from old disc external drive to new laptop: please can I have some advice. My old windows 10 pc died but I still have the old hard drive with the programs and data which I have placed in an external hard drive enclosure. I now have a new windows 10 laptop and would like to transfer over some for the programs and...
  9. how to install in windows a program without disc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to install in windows a program without disc: how do I install a program without a disc in windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-in-windows-a-program-without-disc/d34d59e6-c4be-4c11-8d73-43a9a224f5f1
  10. Program to extract label info from ISO disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program to extract label info from ISO disc: I know there is one, I had it and lost it. 93667