Windows 10: Intel drivers

Discus and support Intel drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After trying to figure it out as to why my laptop kept freezing, I came to a conclusion that Windows is too bugged/Intel drivers are corrupt/bugged.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VladCelTroll, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Intel drivers

After trying to figure it out as to why my laptop kept freezing, I came to a conclusion that Windows is too bugged/Intel drivers are corrupt/bugged.

Essentially, a few months ago, I "solved" my computer's freezing bug, where I couldn't use my mouse, keyboard and pretty much everything, the only solution to it being a hard reset.
    Around a month ago, the very same problem came back. I cannot explain why it does so. My only assumption is that either Windows 10 can suck it (sorry for this one), or Intel drivers aren't updated for Windows 10.
    For some reason, I can't install the newest driver for my Intel Graphics because "I need to install drivers from manufacturer's site". Therefore I'm pretty much stuck with a Windows 8 driver.

If any of you have an idea from where can I install the newest driver/why does my computer freeze, I'd be thankful *Wink

Just note the fact that I disabled ALL non-Windows services. Besides that, my NVidia drivers are up to date.

:)

VladCelTroll, Feb 9, 2016

2. intel drivers

Hi Cole,

The error "user installs disabled" could be encountered if your user account's installation access is being denied by a policy in your computer. To better isolate the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Is your laptop issued by your company or is it a personal laptop?
    • Is this a brand new laptop?
    • Were you able to download other drivers?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Regards.

Katrina Men, Feb 9, 2016
  3. Intel Drivers

Hi,

Thank you for posting to our Microsoft Community.

A quick question before we proceed further,

Are you using Minecraft from Windows Store?

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Minecraft in Compatibility mode.

If no please follow the below steps,

1. Right click on the setup file and select
    Properties.

2. Select Compatibility tab.

3. Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

4. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

If yes please install the latest drivers from manufacturing website.

Also please install all the pending windows updates and see if the issue still persists.

Reply us back if you have further queries. We will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Feb 9, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Intel drivers

Hello,

It might be worth ruling out any obvious hardware problems before going too much further. Have you checked your memory is all OK?

MemTest86+ - Test RAM

philc43, Feb 9, 2016
  5. RAM doesn't have a single error. I could update my Intel driver, but after doing a toral reset, Windows worked fine. Up until the moment when I closed it and it updated. Now I'm getting freezes at least every time I'm using the laptop. Now my assumption is that Windows 10's newest update broke everything, because all drivers were updated and are compatible with it.

6. jds63 Win User
    Laptops can freeze up from overheating, whether it's dust built up in the chassis and vents or a blanket preventing airflow and maybe bad fans. Mentioned about ram checked, how so ? Many running processes can also cause freezing when trying to do something else, using up memory, check amount of startup in Task Manager.

Also Software issues,conflicts and compatibility. True hardware drivers can cause this and Malware and viruses.

Check safe mode, does it happen there to.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

jds63, Feb 9, 2016
  7. The thing is, freezes were occuring at random times without any warning. The processor kept cool at around 50 degrees. I'm using it whilst holding it on my legs, however when I was using Windows 8.1 freezes NEVER occured.

As to when they occur, well, they can everytime. It doesn't matter: I once had a freeze while booting up, once just after a minute of booting, and in best case scenario at aprox. 2 hours after booting.
    Drivers were all updated today, after resetting. As I said, it worked just fine (no BSODs, freezes or anything else) up until it updated. Since then, I had 1 freeze in total, but unexpected.
    Dust was cleaned last time in September, but note the fact that I keep it in a clean enviroment.

Again, I suspect Windows 10 and it's faulty driver support. All my hope lies in the release of SP1, which I expect to come around 2, 3 or even 4 months later.

8. jds63 Win User

Intel drivers

Random or intermittent can be hard to diagnose. 50c at idle ? Not that cool. Even though things did not happen back then issues can always occur suddenly. Any programs to monitor temps ? I do not see many drivers for Windows 10 and this Notebook as you mentioned. When you say Intel i assume you mean Intel Chipset drivers as they are only ones i see for Windows 8.1 on ASUS Site for your model. Did you happen to install this ATKPackage (For Windows 10 Upgrade) ? Seen some issues with it. Which drivers were updated since ASUS has none for 10 ?

I felt Windows 10 may of had some of your system drivers. Still be something else on the system, software or other drivers. Do not think they use service packs anymore with Win 10, at least not called that.

jds63, Feb 9, 2016
  9. Regarding the ATKPackage, I've to check it tomorrow.
    Since updating to Windows 10, only drivers I updated myself were from NVidia (updated to 361.75) and Intel Chipset/Graphics (updated to 15.10.something else, can't remember. It was downloaded from the Intel site).
    I don't have any temp monitoring programs, that was the temperature during the tests from Mem86, but when I'm playing games (for instance WoT), it heats up, but not to Sun levels. I estimate it at around 60-70C, although I'm not too sure on this. Again, I'll check it tomorrow.

Besides all of these, only thing that makes me think is this:
    "We do not guarantee full compatibility while using another operating system other than Windows 8.1". This is what ASUS told me when I asked about installing W7 instead of 8.1.

10. jds63 Win User
    Trying to figure out what is included in this ATK package when i came across some stating issues with it, what is included is some drivers and utilities, ATKPackage includes ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities. Must be careful when getting drivers from Intel make sure you are receiving correct ones you can try there Update utility if it works for you.

Try this program for temps and post a screen shot, 50c not terrible but would concern me a bit at idle. Core Temp

To me looks like it was designed for Windows 8.1 as i do not see any Windows 7 drivers listed and feel should then be fine for Windows 10 and even if it came from having Windows 7 when bought.

Saying right now seems to be better ? Not happening too often ? Try safe mode will eliminate possibility of drivers or other processes. RAM test went well ?

jds63, Feb 10, 2016
  11. As I said, RAM test went well, no problems encountered, all working fine.
    Another thing I remember was once installing a program that told me "43 drivers are outdated and can be updated". Unfortunately I couldn't see which ones are/update them since the program needed to be bought in order to update drivers.
    I'll boot into Safe Mode tomorrow and try to let it idle. If it still freezes, then I'll try to uninstall that ATK Package and install all drivers manually.
    I checked around the Internet and all I could find about this problem is that it's related to Intel driver issues. They stated that setting the video memory to 128MB (mine is at 64) is a possible solution.

VladCelTroll, Feb 10, 2016
  12. jds63 Win User
    Do not use these kind of third party driver update programs, do more harm then any good for you. First place i always go to is the manufacturer for updates i do not search internet or use these software that claim to work. If ASUS does not have them there are no updates since Windows 8.1 for you, Windows 10 would have them in the OS. As said can try this Intel utility it won't hurt for intel updates.
    http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/...931.1430926911

Already updated Graphics device, main concern is system drivers (Intel chipset, controllers,etc..), Network (Lan or WiFi) and also sound device. Like i said can ask ASUS about need for ATK package as not sure if anything in there of importance.

If issue is happening often, then try safe mode let us know if it happens there or not then. Not sure about changing Video Memory.
    Also said about many programs running and RAM usage, you only have 4GB which is o.k. under certain circumstances, 8GB especially if playing games would be better for it and having Windows Pro 64bit.
    Try limiting amount of startups if too many.

jds63, Feb 10, 2016
  13. Intel drivers

OK, so only thing I found that may be that package is called "Windows Driver Package- ASUS (ATP) Mouse"

Installed the utility and it seems it downgraded my driver to probably the last version released by ASUS for W8.1.
    I also founded out that ASUS did update their stuff and made it compatible for W10, so I downloaded everything that's the latest version from ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Driver & Tools - A451LB

VladCelTroll, Feb 10, 2016
  14. jds63 Win User
    You are talking about this ?
    ATKPackage (For Windows 10 Upgrade)
    ATKPackage includes ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities.
    To avoid displaying OSD abnormally due to compatibility issue after upgrade to Windows 10, please update ATKPackage to v1.0.0038 or above.

After installing which drivers were downgraded to Win 8.1 ? I see really nothing else there of importance except this package. Kind of reminds me of an ASUS Tablet i have that uses a similar package of drivers for everything needed and being a notebook some similarities. In some cases Windows 10 may have drivers newer or eventually download ones as they become available.

Always try to stick with ASUS site for updates rather then searching internet or going to Intel unless you know for sure it is correct one or use the intel utility. Display Adapters, Sound Devices and the Network adapter, as long as you know the correct model you can go to those manufacturer's sites for updates as you did for NVIDIA.
    As being possible for your issues driver can cause this too.

So what is the outcome of the Notebook, how is it running ?

jds63, Feb 10, 2016
  15. It's currently working fine. I think it was a problem with drivers.
    These freezes seem to only occur while playing WoT, which still hasn't moved to multicore support. I think this is why my processor is heating up, mainly because of using only one core instead of two.
    Now, I'll try to solve the heating by putting it on my desk. If it doesn't work, then I'll buy a cooler.

Thanks for the help *Smile

VladCelTroll, Feb 11, 2016
Thema:

Intel drivers

1. Intel drivers - Similar Threads - Intel drivers

2. Bitlocker can't start recovery mode due to missing intel RST driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker can't start recovery mode due to missing intel RST driver: Hi,We have a situation in which the user entered the wrong PIN code too many times.Therefor, bitlocker logged "device lock recovery event initiated for volume C:".Then the user rebooted the laptop and it showed a Dell logo with "Preparing bitlocker recovery...".I expected...
  3. Bitlocker can't start recovery mode due to missing intel RST driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker can't start recovery mode due to missing intel RST driver: Hi,We have a situation in which the user entered the wrong PIN code too many times.Therefor, bitlocker logged "device lock recovery event initiated for volume C:".Then the user rebooted the laptop and it showed a Dell logo with "Preparing bitlocker recovery...".I expected...
  4. Bitlocker can't start recovery mode due to missing intel RST driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. After Installing new Intel graphics drivers windows starts with a black screen locked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Installing new Intel graphics drivers windows starts with a black screen locked.: Hitman 3 Wasnt launching and it seemed like the solution was to download thia driver. Well after restarting my pc just goes to a black screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-installing-new-intel-graphics-drivers/ce30e79d-2e77-41ac-83e4-691deda2632c
  6. After Installing new Intel graphics drivers windows starts with a black screen locked.

After Installing new Intel graphics drivers windows starts with a black screen locked.: Hitman 3 Wasnt launching and it seemed like the solution was to download thia driver. Well after restarting my pc just goes to a black screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-installing-new-intel-graphics-drivers/ce30e79d-2e77-41ac-83e4-691deda2632c
  7. Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers: I have recently upgraded BIOS and Windows from 10 to 11 on my desktop PC with a ASUS ROG 390-F GAMING motherboard. After the PC was upgraded it has kept crashing, and I have debugged and eventually found out chipset drivers was not installed after BIOS update. So I downloaded...
  8. Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers

Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers: I have recently upgraded BIOS and Windows from 10 to 11 on my desktop PC with a ASUS ROG 390-F GAMING motherboard. After the PC was upgraded it has kept crashing, and I have debugged and eventually found out chipset drivers was not installed after BIOS update. So I downloaded...
  9. Intel driver install error when upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel driver install error when upgrading to Windows 11: Intel - Extension - 2327.80.70.0 not installing and blocking W11 upgradeWindows update log : Deserialized installable update Intel - Extension - 2327.80.70.0...
  10. Intel driver install error when upgrading to Windows 11

Intel driver install error when upgrading to Windows 11: Intel - Extension - 2327.80.70.0 not installing and blocking W11 upgradeWindows update log : Deserialized installable update Intel - Extension - 2327.80.70.0...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. igcctray.exe not founded