Windows 10: Intermittent Slow Boot

Discus and support Intermittent Slow Boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Hope someone can help I have this intermittent problem it happens about every third time I boot up I have a Asus Z97A motherboard, a Samsung 850... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Littlejohn56, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Intermittent Slow Boot

Hi
    Hope someone can help I have this intermittent problem it happens about every third time I boot up
    I have a Asus Z97A motherboard, a Samsung 850 pro SSD C: drive, a WD 1 TB black D: drive and a WD 2 TB E: drive
    I just got done doing a reinstall.
    When it fails it stops on the windows startup screen but there is no spinning wheel at the bottom of the screen
    if you let it think about it for oh 60 70 seconds it will boot up But if I hit the reset button it starts up immediately.

:)

Littlejohn56, Apr 8, 2016
  2. Robbo9999 Win User

Slow startup after Windows 10 Threshold 2 update

Ah, you don't have Avira, fair enough. My restarts & cold boots are also intermittant - sometimes fast 15 sec boot, sometimes slow 45 sec boot. Symptoms seem the same as yours, one thing for sure that we have in common is this only started happening
    since the big Threshold 2 Windows Update.

Robbo9999, Apr 8, 2016
  3. W10 Black Screen Before Bootup

The problem continues but intermittently; sometimes I am able to get in and other times no. It may just be slow; if I wait long enough it finally boots up but that may take an hour which is unacceptable. I haven't tried updating the BIOS yet as I've been
    busy, but will give that a try and report back on the results.

RayShoemaker, Apr 8, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User
Thema:

Intermittent Slow Boot

1. Intermittent Slow Boot - Similar Threads - Intermittent Slow Boot

2. Windows 10 slow or intermittent Right Mouse Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 slow or intermittent Right Mouse Click: None of the Microsoft 'software' solutions/suggestions have worked to fix my Logitech M305 right mouse button which has been a problem for about 2 years now.. I decided to strip the mouse and check the right click micro switch. Sure enough after tweaking the contact spring...
  3. Slow booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow booting: I have an asus lapop with i5 8th gen processor 8gb ram and 2 gb graphics. Tge booting time is 20 seconds. Is it normal? Can i decrease the booting time? Sometimes the booting time varies(irregularity in booting time).kindlybprovide some easy and understandable ways....
  4. Random Black screens and intermittent slow response

Random Black screens and intermittent slow response: In the past month, we have started experiencing several systems, mostly laptops but some desktops with random issues. The problems have been sporatic over the past few months, but in the past month have become chronic. Note that I have seen this with a mix of Windows 10...
  5. Slow boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow boot: I have an Asus GL553vd laptop. When i open it and power it on, the hard disk light beeps for a while and stops. It shows no sign of turning on until the hdd light starts blinking. I want to know whether this is a hardware issue or caused by the windows. As ive started...
  6. Slow to Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow to Boot: Hi, since the latest upgrade to Windows 10 1803, my computer is taking approximately four to five times longer to boot, than before. Is this normal? 110711
  7. Intermittent boot problems

Intermittent boot problems: Windows 10 Pro desktop. Runs fine when it boots. Will run for days with no problems, recovers fine from sleep. However, sometimes (not always) after being shut down for a day it will not boot. Hangs with blue windows icon and spinning dots. I have imaged the SSD and cloned...
  8. Intermittent wrong screen resolution at boot

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intermittent wrong screen resolution at boot: This has only started happening recently - every few boots, the screen choice between Windows 10 and XP appears with the wrong resolution. The image is small on the screen. If I select Windows 10, the full boot sequence continues with that resolution. However, if I select...
  9. Slow boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow boot: Can't access task bar items for almost 15 min after boot up...can access limited on desktop. Really annoying and can't find reason.... 61965
  10. Windows intermittently failing to boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows intermittently failing to boot: I have an issue with a recent build whereby the system boots straight into UEFI and the SSD boot drive doesn't show up under boot options. It happens intermittently (roughly every 2 or 3 weeks) and in the beginning a simple reboot would solve it. Recently though, once...