Windows 10: Intermittent Slow Boot

Discus and support Intermittent Slow Boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Hope someone can help I have this intermittent problem it happens about every third time I boot up I have a Asus Z97A motherboard, a Samsung 850... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Littlejohn56, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Intermittent Slow Boot

Hi
    Hope someone can help I have this intermittent problem it happens about every third time I boot up
    I have a Asus Z97A motherboard, a Samsung 850 pro SSD C: drive, a WD 1 TB black D: drive and a WD 2 TB E: drive
    I just got done doing a reinstall.
    When it fails it stops on the windows startup screen but there is no spinning wheel at the bottom of the screen
    if you let it think about it for oh 60 70 seconds it will boot up But if I hit the reset button it starts up immediately.

:)

Littlejohn56, Apr 8, 2016
  2. Robbo9999 Win User

Slow startup after Windows 10 Threshold 2 update

Ah, you don't have Avira, fair enough. My restarts & cold boots are also intermittant - sometimes fast 15 sec boot, sometimes slow 45 sec boot. Symptoms seem the same as yours, one thing for sure that we have in common is this only started happening
    since the big Threshold 2 Windows Update.

Robbo9999, Apr 8, 2016
  3. W10 Black Screen Before Bootup

The problem continues but intermittently; sometimes I am able to get in and other times no. It may just be slow; if I wait long enough it finally boots up but that may take an hour which is unacceptable. I haven't tried updating the BIOS yet as I've been
    busy, but will give that a try and report back on the results.

RayShoemaker, Apr 8, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User
Thema:

Intermittent Slow Boot

1. Intermittent Slow Boot - Similar Threads - Intermittent Slow Boot

2. Windows 10 Intermittent Slow Down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Intermittent Slow Down: My windows 10 laptop often runs slowly for a few minutes and fast for a few minutes and it just repeats. I looked in task manager and saw that when it was slow the CPU utilisation was less than 15%. When it was fast it remained at around 30%-70%. It also made a lot of...
  3. Windows 10 Intermittent Slow Down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Intermittent Slow Down: My windows 10 laptop often runs slowly for a few minutes and fast for a few minutes and it just repeats. I looked in task manager and saw that when it was slow the CPU utilisation was less than 15%. When it was fast it remained at around 30%-70%. It also made a lot of...
  4. Windows 10 Intermittent Slow Down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Intermittent Slow Wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intermittent Slow Wifi: Hi All, On one of my machines, wifi is intermittent. It ocassionaly works well, but mostly is painfull slow, or cannot connect at all. The problem started a couple of weeks ago, before that it was fine. Speed test over ethernet: ping 8ms, download 36Mbp upload 9Mbps Speed...
  6. Slow and intermittent internet via Ethernet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow and intermittent internet via Ethernet: I should first say I don't have a traditional internet setup do to my location, but so far I've had no problems with my tower connecting via ethernet to a WIFIextender. Today for some reason my internet on my tower decided to completely stop working. I did a network reset...
  7. Your Phone. Intermittent and slow sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone. Intermittent and slow sync: Have just changed fro using Mysms, for texting from PC. Your Phone is not worth using unless i can find out why it is intermittently not sync, and always up to a full minute to sync when it does decide to.Yes, very slow mobile net here in the Philippines, but Mysms,...
  8. Windows 10 intermittently slow

Windows 10 intermittently slow: Hi. I was hoping I could get some help with this issue with Windows. My PC started running very slow after the April update. I uninstalled Avast, after reading that it clashed with the update, and installed Bitdefender instead. It was fine for a while, but now the PC...
  9. Intermittent boot problems

Intermittent boot problems: Windows 10 Pro desktop. Runs fine when it boots. Will run for days with no problems, recovers fine from sleep. However, sometimes (not always) after being shut down for a day it will not boot. Hangs with blue windows icon and spinning dots. I have imaged the SSD and cloned...
  10. Windows intermittently failing to boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows intermittently failing to boot: I have an issue with a recent build whereby the system boots straight into UEFI and the SSD boot drive doesn't show up under boot options. It happens intermittently (roughly every 2 or 3 weeks) and in the beginning a simple reboot would solve it. Recently though, once...