Windows 10: Internal HDD

Discus and support Internal HDD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All.I have a Zoostorm desktop had it at the end of last year. It has a SSD & a Second hdd ''spinner''.All is working well the only issue is when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by menu, May 2, 2016.

1. menu Win User

Internal HDD

Hi All.I have a Zoostorm desktop had it at the end of last year.
    It has a SSD & a Second hdd ''spinner''.All is working well the only issue is when I want to open a document there is a slight delay in the opening of it as all documents pictures etc are all stored on the secondary hdd the ssd has on the operating system and programs.
    Then I do select a document I can hear the hdd starting up as if its gone to sleep mode.Is that okay to have it to work under those circumstances?.Its not causing any problems but it is a nag if I'm in a hurry to find a document or picture.
    Any help on this please.
    Forgot to say running windows 10.

:)

menu, May 2, 2016
  2. Sam___ Win User

internal HDD

Manoj,

Larger than any drive you can buy today, assuming you're using UEFI and Windows 10 x64.

-Sam

Sam___, May 2, 2016
  3. Manoj111 Win User
    internal HDD

Namaskar Friends

This is my first post, I wish to know the maximum size of Int HDD that can support My present Asus MoBo

P8H61-M LX3 R2.0

pl suggest BIOS version is up to date 1107

Manoj111, May 2, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Internal HDD

If you believe your drive is going to sleep, you could change the time in Control Panel, Power Options, Change Plan Settings, Change Advanced Plan Settings.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Make the time longer, see if it makes a difference.

Note: if your drive light blinks during the timeout period, your drive should remain active anyway.

dalchina, May 2, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Also the greatest wear and tear is starting and stopping a hard drive so it will extend the life of the hard drive to minimize the spin up/power off cycles.

NavyLCDR, May 2, 2016
  6. menu Win User
    Thanks both will have a go at that.*Smile

menu, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Internal HDD

1. Internal HDD - Similar Threads - Internal HDD

2. Internal HDD not being detected with "disk error - cyclic redundancy check"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal HDD not being detected with "disk error - cyclic redundancy check": Recently tried updating my Windows 10 PC but had problems with installing a security update last January 2024 screenshot below. I didn't bother trying to fix this for a while but then I encountered a problem with my game Dota 2 on Steam which was actually located on my drive...
  3. Internal HDD not being detected with "disk error - cyclic redundancy check"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal HDD not being detected with "disk error - cyclic redundancy check": Recently tried updating my Windows 10 PC but had problems with installing a security update last January 2024 screenshot below. I didn't bother trying to fix this for a while but then I encountered a problem with my game Dota 2 on Steam which was actually located on my drive...
  4. Internal HDD not being detected with "disk error - cyclic redundancy check"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. converted my internal hdd to external but unable to use the windows partition now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    converted my internal hdd to external but unable to use the windows partition now: I switched my laptops hdd to ssd and converted the HDD to external hard drive but was unable to get rid of the partitions and windows installed on it. Initially it used to work but it was kinda slow. But now the partition containing windows doesn't open up and other drives...
  6. converted my internal hdd to external but unable to use the windows partition now

converted my internal hdd to external but unable to use the windows partition now: I switched my laptops hdd to ssd and converted the HDD to external hard drive but was unable to get rid of the partitions and windows installed on it. Initially it used to work but it was kinda slow. But now the partition containing windows doesn't open up and other drives...
  7. Internal HDD D: Driver Missing From Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal HDD D: Driver Missing From Computer: Hi, so, this started a few days ago where I had gone into my D: drive's properties from this pc and unchecked "compress this drive". My screen flickered for a moment and suddenly my D: drive was completely gone. I tried restarting my laptop and it showed up for an hour before...
  8. Internal HDD D: Driver Missing From Computer

Internal HDD D: Driver Missing From Computer: Hi, so, this started a few days ago where I had gone into my D: drive's properties from this pc and unchecked "compress this drive". My screen flickered for a moment and suddenly my D: drive was completely gone. I tried restarting my laptop and it showed up for an hour before...
  9. Internal hdd not recognized by BIOS but recognized during Windows installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal hdd not recognized by BIOS but recognized during Windows installation.: I have the following problem, I found an old laptop of mine, an Asus f555l. I noticed that it wasn't working properly anymore. so I tried to repair it. I've come to the following situation and I don't know what I can try. then Windows is installed on the hdd. unfortunately it...
  10. Internal hdd not recognized by BIOS but recognized during Windows installation.

Internal hdd not recognized by BIOS but recognized during Windows installation.: I have the following problem, I found an old laptop of mine, an Asus f555l. I noticed that it wasn't working properly anymore. so I tried to repair it. I've come to the following situation and I don't know what I can try. then Windows is installed on the hdd. unfortunately it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internal hdd vanished win 10