Windows 10: Internet Explorer Icon Cannot Be Removed From Desktop on Windows 10

Discus and support Internet Explorer Icon Cannot Be Removed From Desktop on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read this. This is my first post here. My problem is that I have an Internet Explorer icon on my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MrSerious, Jan 25, 2019.

1. MrSerious Win User

Internet Explorer Icon Cannot Be Removed From Desktop on Windows 10

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read this. This is my first post here. My problem is that I have an Internet Explorer icon on my desktop that will just not go away. I am running Windows 10 Pro.

I have tried:

1. Moving it to the recycle bin.
    2. Right clicking it to delete it. No option to remove it shows up. Only open home page, start without add-ons, bottom, create shortcut, and rename.
    3. Removing it through programs and features/turn windows features on and off. When I do this, the icon remains, but does not function.
    4. Hiding it by means of Group Policy.
    5. Running several malware scans.

Nothing is helping. I found a post from a few years ago that is very similar to what I have shared here, but unfortunately the author did not say where he found a solution. From his post and the other threads I've been reading in this forum I'm guessing it has something to do with the registry.

Does anybody have any idea what might be going on? I could really use some help.

:)

MrSerious, Jan 25, 2019
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Internet Explorer Icon Cannot Be Removed From Desktop on Windows 10 wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Jan 25, 2019
  4. Internet Explorer Icon Cannot Be Removed From Desktop on Windows 10

Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

Internet Explorer Icon Cannot Be Removed From Desktop on Windows 10

1. Internet Explorer Icon Cannot Be Removed From Desktop on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer Icon

2. RE: Removing HDD Icons from Desktop In File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    RE: Removing HDD Icons from Desktop In File Explorer: G'day Microsoft Community! This problem is bothering the heck out of me and I can not seem to find a solution. The image below, I hope, demostrates my issue and wondering how do I solve it? The problem is when loading File Explorer and I click on the Desktop icon/name in...
  3. Microphone/Desktop Icon Cannot Be Removed

Microphone/Desktop Icon Cannot Be Removed: The pictured icon suddenly appeared on my desktop and is positioned in the top right corner of my desktop. It obscures the close/resize controls of full screen apps. How can I remove or reposition it? [ATTACH]...
  4. Desktop icons changed to Internet Explorer

Desktop icons changed to Internet Explorer: Recently all my desktop icons for web links have changed to Internet Explorer. Firefox is my default browser. How can I change them back? I'm using Windows 10 operating system....
  5. .pdf icon cannot be removed from the desktop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    .pdf icon cannot be removed from the desktop: From a web page I saved as a .pdf,now I have the icon on the desktop. But,I cannot remove it,open or rename this icon. I tried to move it to the recycle bin but nothing happens. I'm not an expert at all. Can,please,someone help me. Thank you 130314
  6. Internet Explorer Icon Cannot Be Removed From Desktop on Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer Icon Cannot Be Removed From Desktop on Windows 10: Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read this. This is my first post here. My problem is that I have an Internet Explorer icon on my desktop that will just not go away. I am running Windows 10 Pro. I have tried: 1. Moving it to the recycle bin. 2. Right clicking it...
  7. Internet Explorer 11 Desktop Icon

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11 Desktop Icon: It is possoible to create a proper IE11 desktop Icon like the one in Windows 7?: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ndows-7-a.html Thank you 18051
  8. IE Icon cannot be removed from my desktop on Windows 10-Help!!!

in Browsers and Email
    IE Icon cannot be removed from my desktop on Windows 10-Help!!!: Hello. This is my first thread on any forum, even though I have been deep into computing for nearly 17 years. I am putting this out to see if anyone else has seen it. I have a Windows 10 desktop. Although I use Edge and Chrome as my primary browsers, I use IE for some...
  9. Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer: My Desktop is showing icons as normal. But if I try to find what is on my desktop by using file manager, I cannot find the icon. I also checked under C;\user my name, public, default and no desktop listed on any of them. Any suggestions? 101768
  10. Add or Remove Internet Explorer Desktop Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Internet Explorer Desktop Icon in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Internet Explorer Desktop Icon in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Internet Explorer Desktop Icon in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows includes the common This PC (aka: Computer), User's Files, Network, Recycle Bin, and Control Panel shortcuts...