Windows 10: Add or Remove Internet Explorer Desktop Icon in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Internet Explorer Desktop Icon in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Internet Explorer Desktop Icon in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Internet Explorer Desktop Icon in Windows 10 [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Internet Explorer Desktop Icon in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Internet Explorer Desktop Icon in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove Internet Explorer Desktop Icon in Windows 10

Add or Remove Internet Explorer Desktop Icon in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Windows includes the common This PC (aka: Computer), User's Files, Network, Recycle Bin, and Control Panel shortcuts that you can add or remove as icons on your desktop.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove an Internet Explorer desktop icon for your account in Windows 10.

The Internet Explorer desktop icon will have Open Home Page, Start Without Add-ons, Start InPrivate Browsing, and Properties (Internet Options) included in it's context menu.

Note You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to enable the Internet Explorer desktop icon.

Once enabled, users will be able to add or remove the Internet Explorer desktop icon for only their account as they like.

EXAMPLE: Internet Explorer desktop icon

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (enable), step 3 (add), or step 4 (remove) for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Internet Explorer Desktop Icon Option for Users

Note You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do this step.

A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .reg file below, and go to step 6 below.

Enable_Internet_Explorer_Desktop_Icon.reg

Download

3. To Add Internet Explorer Desktop Icon to Current Account Only

Note Any user can use this step.

A) An administrator must do step 2 above first if not already done.

B) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .reg file below, and go to step 6 below.

Add_Internet_Explorer_Desktop_Icon.reg

Download

4. To Remove Internet Explorer Desktop Icon from Current Account Only

Note This is the default setting. Any user can use this step.

A) Right click or press and hold on the Internet Explorer desktop icon, click/tap on Delete, and go to step 9 below.

OR

B) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .reg file below, and go to step 6 below.

Remove_Internet_Explorer_Desktop_Icon.reg

Download

5. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

6. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

7. If prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

9. If the Internet Explorer desktop icon doesn't get immediately added or removed, then refresh (F5) your desktop to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 2, 2016
  2. Brink Win User

Internet Explorer Icon Cannot Be Removed From Desktop on Windows 10

Hello @MrSerious, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Just to verify, are you sure this is for Internet Explorer and not Microsoft Edge instead? Windows 10 will add a Microsoft Edge icon on your desktop by default.

Step 4 in the tutorial below may be able to remove the Internet Explorer desktop icon for you.

*Arrow Add or Remove Internet Explorer Desktop Icon in Windows 10 | Tutorials

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. MrSerious Win User
    Internet Explorer Icon Cannot Be Removed From Desktop on Windows 10

@FreeBooter: Unfortunately that does not work for me as there are only the items I listed in my context menu.

@bro67: You are correct, but I would prefer to have it gone.

@Brink: Thank you. Yes, it is in a icon for Internet Explorer (and not a shortcut or Microsoft Edge). Funny you should reply--I had seen your thread! I tried step number 4 again but it didn't work. I will post some pictures that may or may not be relevant.

MrSerious, Oct 26, 2019
  4. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Add or Remove Internet Explorer Desktop Icon in Windows 10 wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

5. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Internet Explorer Desktop Icon in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Internet

2. Desktop icons changed to Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons changed to Internet Explorer: Recently all my desktop icons for web links have changed to Internet Explorer. Firefox is my default browser. How can I change them back? I'm using Windows 10 operating system....
  3. Internet Explorer Icon Cannot Be Removed From Desktop on Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer Icon Cannot Be Removed From Desktop on Windows 10: Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read this. This is my first post here. My problem is that I have an Internet Explorer icon on my desktop that will just not go away. I am running Windows 10 Pro. I have tried: 1. Moving it to the recycle bin. 2. Right clicking it...
  4. Internet Explorer Icon Cannot Be Removed From Desktop on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Internet Explorer Icon Cannot Be Removed From Desktop on Windows 10: Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read this. This is my first post here. My problem is that I have an Internet Explorer icon on my desktop that will just not go away. I am running Windows 10 Pro. I have tried: 1. Moving it to the recycle bin. 2. Right clicking it...
  5. Internet Explorer 11 Desktop Icon

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11 Desktop Icon: It is possoible to create a proper IE11 desktop Icon like the one in Windows 7?: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ndows-7-a.html Thank you 18051
  6. Add or Remove OneDrive Desktop Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove OneDrive Desktop Icon in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove OneDrive Desktop Icon in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove OneDrive Desktop Icon in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your PC, tablet, or phone. OneDrive...
  7. Add or Remove Homegroup Desktop Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Homegroup Desktop Icon in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Homegroup Desktop Icon in Windows 10 [img] Information A homegroup is a group of PCs on a home network that can share devices (such as printers), and libraries (such as your Documents, Pictures, Music, and Video libraries). Using a homegroup makes...
  8. Add or Remove Dropbox Desktop Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Dropbox Desktop Icon in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Dropbox Desktop Icon in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Dropbox Desktop Icon in Windows 10 [img] Information Dropbox is a file hosting service operated by American company Dropbox, Inc. that offers cloud storage, file synchronization, personal...
  9. Add or Remove Default Desktop Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Default Desktop Icons in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Default Desktop Icons in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Common Desktop Icons in Windows 10 Windows includes the common This PC (aka: Computer), User's Files, Network, Recycle Bin, and Control Panel shortcuts that you can add or remove as icons on...
  10. Add or Remove Libraries Desktop Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Libraries Desktop Icon in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Libraries Desktop Icon in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Libraries Desktop Icon in Windows 10 [img] Information Libraries gather added folders that are stored in different locations so you can browse them in one place. This tutorial will show...