Windows 10: Internet Options

Discus and support Internet Options in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am trying to open my browser with MSN Bing. In the old days before Windows10 you had the option of going to Internet Options, selecting the browser... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by RonBin79, Aug 17, 2016.

1. RonBin79 Win User

Internet Options

I am trying to open my browser with MSN Bing. In the old days before Windows10 you had the option of going to Internet Options, selecting the browser you wanted for your home page and that was it. All I get now is Google every time I open Internet Explorer. Whilst I use Google quite a lot, I really don't want it as my Home Page. Would some one please tell me how I can make the necessary changes so I can go back to MSN.co.uk as my Home page please?

Thanks and best wishes,

:)

RonBin79, Aug 17, 2016

2. Internet Options / Internet Properties

My Fix

• Control Panel>Programs & Features>”Turn features on/off”>Uncheck Internet Explorer 11>Reboot

• Control Panel>Programs & Features>”Turn features
      on
      /off”>Check Internet Explorer 11>Reboot

• Norton Antivirus popped up stating Microsoft Edge was my default browser

• Control Panel>Default Programs>Set program access and computer defaults>Click “Microsoft Windows”>Click Ok
    All features lost under each tab have returned. ???

williamsupanich, Aug 17, 2016
  3. Internet Options / Internet Properties

I guess result is the same when running:

rundll32.exe Shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL c:\windows\system32\inetcpl.cpl

or the 32-bit module

rundll32.exe Shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL c:\windows\syswow64\inetcpl.cpl

Unless someone comes up with a solution, System Restore rollback (rstrui.exe) is an option you can consider.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 17, 2016
  4. Private Win User

Internet Options

Hi there...

What about if you open Internet Options, then on Home page section, hit the "Use default" button. Click Apply and OK afterwards.

Or, go to MSN.co.uk then open Internet Options, on Home page section, click on "Use current" button.

Private, Aug 17, 2016
  5. spunk Win User
    Are you confusing Microsoft Edge with IE?
    The procedure is still the same in IE. First, load the web page you want to be your Home Page. Then Go to the little Gear icon on the toolbar on the Upper Right of IE. Go to Internet Options, under Home Page choose Use Current to set the page you are on to your Home Page.
    In Microsoft Edge, there are a few other steps. Close all tabs, go to the site of what you want the Home Page to be. Highlight the address in the address bar and copy it. Go to the 3 dots on the Far right of the tool bar and choose Settings. Under Open Microsoft Edge With.. take the drop down arrow and choose A specific Page or pages, paste the Home Page Address in. Click the Save icon.

spunk, Aug 17, 2016
  6. RonBin79 Win User
    I have tried both suggestions and sorry to say, got nowhere. Pl;ease see a screen shot as I cannot find any gear on this page??

cheers,

RonBin79, Aug 17, 2016
  7. Hi,
    Thats is Microsoft Edge

The second part of posts #3 should get this changed, via the 3 little dots at the top right

paulsalter, Aug 17, 2016
  8. Internet Options

paulsalter, Aug 17, 2016
  9. Private Win User
    On Edge, you'll have to get into Settings, scroll down and toggle the "View advanced settings". Enter your desired URL under "Show the home button" section and Save.

How to Add or Remove Home Button in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Private, Aug 17, 2016
  10. RonBin79 Win User
    RonBin79, Aug 17, 2016
  11. Glad you have it sorted I too prefer Bing to Google

hTconeM9user, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Internet Options

1. Internet Options - Similar Threads - Internet Options

2. Hyper V on windows home using a Script found on the internet, IS it a bad option.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper V on windows home using a Script found on the internet, IS it a bad option.: I am using windows 11 home and I wanted to use the hyperV, I know it is not available on home editions but I found a blog post and they were advising on using a script, I need the hyperV but I dont want to compromise my windows security. are these scripts really a bad option?...
  3. Hyper V on windows home using a Script found on the internet, IS it a bad option.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper V on windows home using a Script found on the internet, IS it a bad option.: I am using windows 11 home and I wanted to use the hyperV, I know it is not available on home editions but I found a blog post and they were advising on using a script, I need the hyperV but I dont want to compromise my windows security. are these scripts really a bad option?...
  4. My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...: I’ve had issues with my drivers and was looking for ways to fix it. I tried disabling all launch programs and when I restarted my pc it was basically useless. I’ve reactivated all launch programs and nothing changed my pc literally cannot connect to the internet for now....
  5. My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...

My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...: I’ve had issues with my drivers and was looking for ways to fix it. I tried disabling all launch programs and when I restarted my pc it was basically useless. I’ve reactivated all launch programs and nothing changed my pc literally cannot connect to the internet for now....
  6. Can’t sign in without internet. Not option to sign out either.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t sign in without internet. Not option to sign out either.: Got a new computer and signed in yesterday, was connected to wifi and everything was fine. When going to a different location without wifi I cannot sign in without wifi. There is also no option to sign in without wifi or to sign out....
  7. Can’t sign in without internet. Not option to sign out either.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t sign in without internet. Not option to sign out either.: Got a new computer and signed in yesterday, was connected to wifi and everything was fine. When going to a different location without wifi I cannot sign in without wifi. There is also no option to sign in without wifi or to sign out....
  8. Can’t sign in without internet. Not option to sign out either.

9. Internet/ WiFi option not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet/ WiFi option not showing: My internet connection option/ wifi option and Bluetooth option is not showing. I tried to restart my pc multiple times, also shut it down and on it multiple times but it's still not resolved yet. Troubleshoot option is also not working because of no internet connection....
  10. Internet/ WiFi option not showing

Internet/ WiFi option not showing: My internet connection option/ wifi option and Bluetooth option is not showing. I tried to restart my pc multiple times, also shut it down and on it multiple times but it's still not resolved yet. Troubleshoot option is also not working because of no internet connection....