Windows 10: Internet Options

Discus and support Internet Options in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am trying to open my browser with MSN Bing. In the old days before Windows10 you had the option of going to Internet Options, selecting the browser... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by RonBin79, Aug 17, 2016.

1. RonBin79 Win User

Internet Options

I am trying to open my browser with MSN Bing. In the old days before Windows10 you had the option of going to Internet Options, selecting the browser you wanted for your home page and that was it. All I get now is Google every time I open Internet Explorer. Whilst I use Google quite a lot, I really don't want it as my Home Page. Would some one please tell me how I can make the necessary changes so I can go back to MSN.co.uk as my Home page please?

Thanks and best wishes,

:)

RonBin79, Aug 17, 2016

2. Internet Options / Internet Properties

My Fix

• Control Panel>Programs & Features>”Turn features on/off”>Uncheck Internet Explorer 11>Reboot

• Control Panel>Programs & Features>”Turn features
      on
      /off”>Check Internet Explorer 11>Reboot

• Norton Antivirus popped up stating Microsoft Edge was my default browser

• Control Panel>Default Programs>Set program access and computer defaults>Click “Microsoft Windows”>Click Ok
    All features lost under each tab have returned. ???

williamsupanich, Aug 17, 2016
  3. Internet Options / Internet Properties

I guess result is the same when running:

rundll32.exe Shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL c:\windows\system32\inetcpl.cpl

or the 32-bit module

rundll32.exe Shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL c:\windows\syswow64\inetcpl.cpl

Unless someone comes up with a solution, System Restore rollback (rstrui.exe) is an option you can consider.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 17, 2016
  4. Private Win User

Internet Options

Hi there...

What about if you open Internet Options, then on Home page section, hit the "Use default" button. Click Apply and OK afterwards.

Or, go to MSN.co.uk then open Internet Options, on Home page section, click on "Use current" button.

Private, Aug 17, 2016
  5. spunk Win User
    Are you confusing Microsoft Edge with IE?
    The procedure is still the same in IE. First, load the web page you want to be your Home Page. Then Go to the little Gear icon on the toolbar on the Upper Right of IE. Go to Internet Options, under Home Page choose Use Current to set the page you are on to your Home Page.
    In Microsoft Edge, there are a few other steps. Close all tabs, go to the site of what you want the Home Page to be. Highlight the address in the address bar and copy it. Go to the 3 dots on the Far right of the tool bar and choose Settings. Under Open Microsoft Edge With.. take the drop down arrow and choose A specific Page or pages, paste the Home Page Address in. Click the Save icon.

spunk, Aug 17, 2016
  6. RonBin79 Win User
    I have tried both suggestions and sorry to say, got nowhere. Pl;ease see a screen shot as I cannot find any gear on this page??

cheers,

RonBin79, Aug 17, 2016
  7. Hi,
    Thats is Microsoft Edge

The second part of posts #3 should get this changed, via the 3 little dots at the top right

paulsalter, Aug 17, 2016
  8. Internet Options

paulsalter, Aug 17, 2016
  9. Private Win User
    On Edge, you'll have to get into Settings, scroll down and toggle the "View advanced settings". Enter your desired URL under "Show the home button" section and Save.

How to Add or Remove Home Button in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Private, Aug 17, 2016
  10. RonBin79 Win User
    RonBin79, Aug 17, 2016
  11. Glad you have it sorted I too prefer Bing to Google

hTconeM9user, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Internet Options

1. Internet Options - Similar Threads - Internet Options

2. I've lost all internet connection and both Wi-fi/Ethernet options are gone. Wifi screen...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've lost all internet connection and both Wi-fi/Ethernet options are gone. Wifi screen...: Hello everyone, I have this old notebook that was working perfectly fine when suddenly I had no internet connection and apparently the computer stopped recognizing even the ethernet cable. I already tried a bunch of things, like restoring system, reinstalling windows again...
  3. how to open a option named share my internet connection from?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to open a option named share my internet connection from?: please solve this problem from my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-a-option-named-share-my-internet/6b75cc1d-0c09-494e-b092-f1d115a811fd
  4. Internet Temp File Location missing in Internet Options?

Internet Temp File Location missing in Internet Options?: Steps to possibly cause this I did Reinstalled Avast Free at 2am last night, discovered afterwards Internet Temp FIles location option missing, Any ideas how to solve this, extensions in edge not working well at all Edge reset? System Reset? sfc /scannow...
  5. Why is there no option to turn on an Internet icon on my task bar? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is there no option to turn on an Internet icon on my task bar? Windows 10: The Internet icon appears on my lower right side only BEFORE I sign into my computer. After I sign in, it disappears. There is no option to turn on that icon on my Desk Top computer (Windows 10), but there is one on my laptop computer that also has Windows 10. Why?...
  6. Uncheck the sync with internet time option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uncheck the sync with internet time option: Can't fine option for sync https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uncheck-the-sync-with-internet-time-option/082116c3-2903-4289-87b3-c4f79858eb5d
  7. No wi-fi option in network and internet

No wi-fi option in network and internet: I don't have a wifi option under Network & Internet. I noticed that there was a question similar to mine, however the recommended solutions did not work for my problem. Plz help me! [ATTACH]...
  8. How do I change my Internet Browser to Google when Windows 10 does not offer me that option...

How do I change my Internet Browser to Google when Windows 10 does not offer me that option...: I need to use Google as my internet browser because Microsoft Edge just does not work well for me. When I go to settings and locate the place to change my internet browser, Google is not one of the options. If I go to Google page and try to change my internet browser option...
  9. No wifi option under 'Network and Internet' settings

No wifi option under 'Network and Internet' settings: Since about Feb 11, 'Wifi' does not appear as an option under Network and Internet Settings. I can connect to my wifi with my printer, but not the scanner component. It worked fine (for years) until Feb 11....
  10. Temporary Internet Files Path Disappearing from Internet Options

Temporary Internet Files Path Disappearing from Internet Options: Hi All Sometimes the path disappears, then to get it back as default, either have to do a temp directory on my second drive, then run app trouble shooter or edit registry to get it back as default. Would this have anything to do with uninstalling Avast 1 time from...