Windows 10: Introducing Paint 3D Preview app available for download in Windows 10

Discus and support Introducing Paint 3D Preview app available for download in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Introducing Paint 3D Preview! The easy-to-use MS Paint that you know and love has been reimagined, with an updated look and feel and a ton of new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Introducing Paint 3D Preview app available for download in Windows 10

Download at: Paint 3D Preview - Windows Store

See also: Introducing 3D for everyone in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

:)

Brink, Oct 28, 2016

2. Problems converting Paint 3d to JPEG

Hi Kathleen,

We appreciate your earnest effort to reach out with Microsoft Community. Paint 3D, a spinoff of Microsoft Paint, is one of several applications introduced with the Windows 10 Creators Update and one of several 3D modeling applications introduced or improved
    with the Windows 10 Creators Update. You were unable to convert the JPEG files to Paint 2D or 3D due to the compatibility of the file formats. You may learn about the Paint 3D for 2D feature by checking the articles below.

Introducing 3D for everyone

Five new features you’ll love in Paint 3D

Paint 3D for 2D

Feel free to post your query should you need assistance.

Vanessa Oca, Oct 28, 2016
  3. 3D mix no xbox account

Hi Maureen,

Paint 3D and Remix 3D are apps included in the Windows Creators Update. These apps are built-in to Windows 10 similar to the older Paint app version on your computer.

To answer your query, you can use both apps without using an Xbox account.

For more information about the new 3D apps on Windows 10, you can visit this
    link

If you have any other queries, feel free to contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Oct 28, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Build 14800 or greater is not true, one needs to be on 14955 to install this.

Cliff S, Oct 28, 2016
  5. MrBill Win User
    And just like 3d movies and television, dozens of people of rejoicing. Don't get me wrong, from a gee whiz factor the 3d and virtual reality stuff is cool. Except we still have to wear stupid goggles, and because it isn't real 3d motion sickness, headaches, vision strain etc. from long term exposure are still very real. I honestly would be much more excited about new features if Microsoft would just fix their QA issues and realize you can do SCRUM/AGILE development and still have an actual testing team. Sorry, just feeling bitter this morning because I had to roll back my desktop, that does my real work, to Windows 7 because of video and keyboard driver issues.

That said, it would be good to see Microsoft, or anyone, come out with a true 3d display a.k.a. holographic display, for the masses. Then we could all eagerly embrace this tech.

MrBill, Oct 29, 2016
  6. Barman58 Win User
    Nothing to do with Microsoft, contact the developers of the hardware and ask them for drivers for their products - Microsoft do not write drivers for any hardware except their own products - The never have, they just provide drivers with the operating system that have been written for it my the hardware manufacturers.

Barman58, Oct 29, 2016
  7. MrBill Win User
    Except Windows Updates do overwrite drivers, and not just for Microsoft hardware. Not overwriting OEM device drivers used to not be the case, but that is no longer true. I would love, LOVE, for Microsoft to simply go back to the old update methods that included options for only security updates, or in Windows 10, understand the paradigms are different, simply create a checkbox option to turn off driver updates. Microsoft cannot have it both ways. They cannot blame the manufacturer while at the same time pushing drivers.

In what I think is one of most ironic of situations, back when I worked in the company in the Personal OS group in the early/mid 90's we never involved ourselves in drivers simply because the company didn't want to involve itself in something it did not own. This is before the internet, so if users lost their floppies with their drivers that was a bummer. Today we have a fully connected internet where you can easily download your OEM drivers, and here Microsoft is pushing out drivers with their updates and causing messes, a lesson we had already learned over 20 years ago.

So trying to pull this back a bit to the topic, my desktop is more than powerful enough for VR, but until I know Microsoft won't touch my drivers and I am loathe not only to install Windows 10 again, but to add any new hardware devices to it.

MrBill, Oct 29, 2016
  8. SmileyPK Win User

Why can't they make this available to all builds? Or at least the most recent public build.

It kind of defeats the purpose of separating the Store from the operating system if you have to have a certain Windows build to get certain apps.

SmileyPK, Oct 29, 2016
  9. dencal Win User
    Like all new apps its still in its development stage so needs testing in the O/S (with the help of insiders) who only number in the low millions ...think of the complaints if the hundreds of millions found it kyboshed all public builds.

dencal, Oct 29, 2016
  10. Barman58 Win User
    They will, when it's ready for general use *Wink

There are likely to be a number of things that need further stability enhancements before the build that supports these options is ready for general use.

The addition of these enhancements to the latest public build would require so many changes to allow it to work as to require either the enhancements or the operating system itself be completely re-written

Barman58, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Introducing Paint 3D Preview app available for download in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Introducing Paint Preview

2. Windows 10 Paint 3D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Paint 3D: My Paint 3D will not Save, how can i fix it. I tried Setting and reset the Paint 3D but it did not help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-paint-3d/533bfcce-27e5-4337-9737-5ca436a850e9
  3. Windows 10 Paint 3D

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Paint 3D: Paint 3D will not Save. How do I fix it? I tried going into Setting and I reset Paint 3D but this did not help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-paint-3d/acafbc25-df3b-487e-95a5-a3f26d44b4b6
  4. can't download paint 3d

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't download paint 3d: I've tried everything I can think of, I've used four different browsers, I've restarted my browsers, I've restarted my entire computer, and yet every time I click the download button nothing happens. I really want to try it but it just won't let me download it!...
  5. Download error Paint 3D

Download error Paint 3D: When I try to download Paint 3D from MS Store it gives me an error 0x803FB005, this is the only app that gives me this error when I try to install it from MS Store. I am a Dev Windows Insider with 21286.1000 version installed. Please respond ASAP, I need this app for school!...
  6. Paint 3D app problem

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Paint 3D app problem: I encountered a problem with Paint 3D app because I cannot change a color of a specific area on the model. It occurs every time I try to save my project, even if I use a sticker before. All the other parts are colored without problems but this specific area is not....
  7. Paint 3d app problem

Paint 3d app problem: After the creator update everything was ok except for Paint 3d. It opens ok and I start to create something but when I click on some of the actions the prog shuts down for no reason. Is there a way that I can reinstall it. I have tried the app store but the app wont download....
  8. Introducing Microsoft To-Do - now available in Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Microsoft To-Do - now available in Preview: Today we’re excited to introduce a new, intelligent task management app that makes it easy to plan and manage your day. Say hello to Microsoft To-Do—now available in Preview. To-Do comes from the team behind the Wunderlist app, and delivers a smarter, more personal and...
  9. Introducing Windows Server 2019 – now available in preview

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Windows Server 2019 – now available in preview: Today is a big day for Windows Server! On behalf of the entire Windows Server team, I am delighted to announce Windows Server 2019 will be generally available in the second half of calendar year 2018. Starting now, you can access the preview build through our Insiders...
  10. Introducing 3D for everyone in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing 3D for everyone in Windows 10: Itc5ihHDAnY Today, we unveiled our vision for bringing 3D to everyone — making it easy to capture, create and share in 3D. With the Windows 10 Creators Update, Microsoft introduced Paint 3D — your 3D art studio in Windows — and the online community Remix 3D, connecting...