Windows 10: IPv6 Settings not staying after waking the PC from Sleep/Hibernation

Discus and support IPv6 Settings not staying after waking the PC from Sleep/Hibernation in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Problem : After hybernate or sleep my laptop loses its WiFi IPv6 global address. Only Link Local address is still there, hence IPv6 interface seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Frank v.d.Laar, Jan 15, 2020.

1. IPv6 Settings not staying after waking the PC from Sleep/Hibernation

Problem :

After hybernate or sleep my laptop loses its WiFi IPv6 global address. Only Link Local address is still there, hence IPv6 interface seems to function.

Workaround:

I follow the EasyFix option "Prefer IPv6 over IPv4 in prefix policies"as pointed out onhttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us...onfiguring-ipv6-in-windows-for-advanced-users

I have downloaded the linked file MicrosoftEasyFix20171.mini.diagcab to my laptop for futher use.

Each time I lose my IPv6 connection I run the downloaded MicrosoftEasyFix20171.mini.diagcab file and restart my laptop.

Question:

How can I make the "fix" permanent?

My configuration is:

Laptop ASUS T100 32bit with Windows 10 Home, 1809, build 17736.914

IPv6 configuratie as far as I can see:

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : localdomain
    IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : XXXX:XXX:XXXX:X:dead:abba:beaf:cafe
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::dead:abba:beaf:cafe%23
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.111
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::cafe:abba:dead:beaf%23

set privacy state=disabled

set interface interface="Wi-Fi" forwarding=enabled advertise=enabled nud=enabled ignoredefaultroutes=disabled

set interface interface="LAN-connection* 1" forwarding=enabled advertise=enabled nud=enabled ignoredefaultroutes=disabled

***Original title: IPv6 settings not persistent***

:)

Frank v.d.Laar, Jan 15, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Stay in sleep and wake with spacebar

Hi, you can disable hibernation if you wish:
    Enable or Disable Hibernate in Windows 10

This depends what devices are able to wake your PC. You can list these:

Powercfg /devicequery /.......
    Description:
    Returns a list of devices that meet the specified criteria.

Parameter List:
    <QUERYFLAG> Specifies one of the following criteria:

wake_from_S1_supported ....Return all devices that support waking the system
    from a light sleep state.
    wake_from_S2_supported ....Return all devices that support waking the system
    from a deeper sleep state.
    wake_from_S3_supported ....Return all devices that support waking the system
    from the deepest sleep state.
    wake_from_any ......................Return all devices that support waking the system
    from any sleep state.

S1_supported List devices supporting light sleep.
    S2_supported List devices supporting deeper sleep.
    S3_supported List devices supporting deepest sleep.
    S4_supported List devices supporting hibernation.
    wake_programmable List devices that are user-configurable to wake
    the system from a sleep state.
    wake_armed List devices that are currently configured to
    wake the system from any sleep state.
    all_devices Return all devices present in the system.

Examples:
    POWERCFG /DEVICEQUERY wake_armed

dalchina, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Hibernation and Sleep not working on my WIndows 10 PC after latest update

Hello,

There are many possible reasons for this hibernation and sleep not working issue. The most common causes are
    corrupted Power settings or outdated display drivers. In order for us to efficiently assist you with your concern regarding the issue of waking up from sleep/hibernation, we just have a few questions for you:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any error messages upon waking up your computer from hibernation/sleep?
    • Have you also tried performing the power troubleshooter?
    If you still haven't, we suggest trying the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.

Delete the current power plan and create it again.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Furrek Win User

IPv6 Settings not staying after waking the PC from Sleep/Hibernation

Why can't my PC wake up from sleep or hibernation?

In short: My PC wakes up correctly from S1 state, but goes black when trying to wake up from S3 or hibernation

In detail: I'd like to be able to go back to work quickly whenever I can, but I don't want to keep it on at all times, so I decided to try the Sleep mode. In BIOS I can change between S1 (power on suspend) and S3 (suspend to RAM), but since
    S1 isn't an effective power saver, I set it to S3. When in S1 state there are no problems with waking up, but with S3 or hibernation my PC kind of wakes up, all the fans and HDDs come back to life, but my screen is completely black, and my USB devices' lights
    turn on for a short moment before turning back off.

What I've tried:

• Reinstalling Windows 10 (my PC could wake up without any problems again, but after a few days the problem returned)
    • Unplugging USB devices before waking up
    • Removing the CMOS battery to reset BIOS settings
    • Change various settings in BIOS (I tried possibly all combinations by now)
    • Holding the power button for 30 seconds with the PSU turned off (suggested by someone on some other website)
    • Enabling or disabling Hybrid Sleep

USB devices:

• Mouse
    • Keyboard
    • Xbox 360 controller
    • Logitech C270 webcam
    • Touro external disk

Hardware:

• PSU: IBOX SL-8360BTX
    • CPU: AMD FX-6100
    • Graphics card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1050
    • Sound card: Creative SB0730
    • Motherboard: MSI 760GM-P21 (FX)
    • HDD: 2x Seagate in RAID0

Furrek, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

IPv6 Settings not staying after waking the PC from Sleep/Hibernation

1. IPv6 Settings not staying after waking the PC from Sleep/Hibernation - Similar Threads - IPv6 Settings staying

2. PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating: Hello Ms Community, I have an interesting problem I need your help with.As in the title, my PC is set up to turn screen off after 15 min, go to sleep after 30 min and finally hibernate after 120 min of inactivity. It does the first 2 things without a hitch, but has problems...
  3. PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating: Hello Ms Community, I have an interesting problem I need your help with.As in the title, my PC is set up to turn screen off after 15 min, go to sleep after 30 min and finally hibernate after 120 min of inactivity. It does the first 2 things without a hitch, but has problems...
  4. Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep: I notice my laptop always face BSOD when waking up from either hibernate mode or sleep mode. The BSOD error is "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"Tried sfc /scannow but no issue found.Here is the link for the minidump files and system...
  5. Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep

Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep: I notice my laptop always face BSOD when waking up from either hibernate mode or sleep mode. The BSOD error is "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"Tried sfc /scannow but no issue found.Here is the link for the minidump files and system...
  6. PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own

PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own: Recently my desktop computer will not sleep or hibernate. about 30 seconds after switching to sleep or hibernate the pc wakes up again. I am using Window 10 Home all updated to with the latest updates. Can anyone help please?...
  7. PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own: Recently my desktop computer will not sleep or hibernate. about 30 seconds after switching to sleep or hibernate the pc wakes up again. I am using Window 10 Home all updated to with the latest updates. Can anyone help please?...
  8. PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. wake from sleep but not hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    wake from sleep but not hibernation: I have a related problem. I would like to set some task scheduler tasks to wake ONLY from sleep and NOT hibernation when on battery power. Is that possible in win 10? Is it possible that certain BIOSes might allow that to be set? Why I want this: I like hibernation...
  10. PC wakes from sleep/hibernate randomly SOLUTION

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wakes from sleep/hibernate randomly SOLUTION: I wanted to contribute and hope this helps someone. I had a problem for about a week, after upgrading to windows 10, where my pc would wake randomly. I went through control panel and power and adjusted all of those settings, made to uncheck the box that allows the pc to...