Windows 10: IRQL/KMODE when I watch a stream/video

Discus and support IRQL/KMODE when I watch a stream/video in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have this issue for about a month already. Starting with Windows 7 I thought the problem would resolve itself once I switched over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jxhxn, Aug 13, 2015.

1. jxhxn Win User

IRQL/KMODE when I watch a stream/video

Hello everyone,

I have this issue for about a month already. Starting with Windows 7 I thought the problem would resolve itself once I switched over to Windows 10. Sadly I was mistaken, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD occur every day when I startup my computer and try to watch a stream or video. After the computer rebooted it just crashes again (sometimes after I try to watch a stream/video and sometimes it freezes when I just open Google Chrome). It takes me 2-4 reboots every time until I can do anything on my computer.

I truly appreciate any of your help and hope you can help me fix this problem.

Thank you in advance.

:)

jxhxn, Aug 13, 2015
  2. RBurris01 Win User

Problems with windows 10 and some youtube videos

Hi,

To answer the questions stated above:

1. Does this issue persist only to youtube videos?

Yes, it only happens with some youtube videos.

2. Does it happen when you watch videos without streaming online?

No, it does not happen when I watch videos streamed online.

RBurris01, Aug 13, 2015
  3. LeeHos Win User
    Blue Screens on Windows 10

I just encountered another bluescreen while watching a youtube video. This gave the error: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. I added a link to this minidump below. Any help would be appreciated.

KMODE BSOD Minidump

LeeHos, Aug 13, 2015
  4. jxhxn Win User

Updated my driver to latest one available for Windows 10 64-bit and I also updated the attached file above. I hope someone is able to help me now as it still crashes.

jxhxn, Aug 22, 2015
  5. axe0 New Member
    Please download and run RAM tutorial with Memtest86+
    Run MemTest86+ for at least 8 passes. Ideally set it off before you go to bed and leave it overnight, we're looking for zero errors here. A single error will show something's going bad with your RAM.

Please try to remove the Catalyst Control Center and only install the Display Driver
    Code: 3: kd> lmvm atikmdagstart end module name fffff800`770c0000 fffff800`785ca000 atikmdag T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys Image name: atikmdag.sys Timestamp: Thu Jul 16 03:37:09 2015 (55A70AC5) CheckSum: 014A8B0F ImageSize: 0150A000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

Please read and run create one.Please create a restore point.Some windows drivers are blamed in a few crashes, but that usually means that a 3rd party driver is actually the cause.In order to get the driver, we need to stress it out, done via driver verifier. If driver verifier finds a violation the pc will crash.If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

6. jxhxn Win User
    Hello, thanks a lot for your initial help.

After I did the Memtest for the first time, will the Memtest also take several hours with only one RAM stick? That would also mean for me that I have to run the Memtest for several days every night for each stick/slot, right?

Thanks in advance.

jxhxn, Aug 23, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    Depending on the size of each stick it could yes.

8. jxhxn Win User

I cannot uninstall the Catalyst Control Center from my Control Panel. There also is no uninstall.exe in the folder of the CCC. Is there a different way to uninstall it? Do I need to install my Display Driver anew.

jxhxn, Aug 23, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
  10. jxhxn Win User
    Unfortunately, it does not work on Windows 10. Is the CCC one of the reasons, why I constantly receive BSODs?

jxhxn, Aug 23, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    Apologies, I forgot to check for windows 10 compatibility.
    It is possible yes, but sometimes only updating the drivers is enough.
    I'm not sure with windows 10, but installing CCC above the already existed CCC might add the uninstall file, although I don't know what could go wrong.

12. jxhxn Win User
    I did update my drivers and the CCC yesterday but the crashes still happened. I also uninstalled a CCC that was labeled unavailable under apps. That might've been the already existent CCC.
    Attachment 33592
    I used the search function in the folder with the CCC.exe but could not find any uninstall.exe. Is there a different way to uninstall it? I tried to reinstall the whole update for driver and CCC ( and leave CCC unmarked) but unfortunately the program would not let me do it.

edit: Do I really need to uninstall it or can I just disable it in my startup list?

jxhxn, Aug 23, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

14. jxhxn Win User
    I used the Hunter Mode and was able to uninstall the CCC. I also did the Memtest and thankfully there a 0 errors.

Attachment 33718
    Is it still necessary for me to run Driver Verifier?

jxhxn, Aug 24, 2015
  15. axe0 New Member
    Depends on if you still experience bluescreens and if so what the cause is.

Thema:

1. IRQL/KMODE when I watch a stream/video - Similar Threads - IRQL KMODE watch

2. no sound when watching a video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no sound when watching a video: lost my sound on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-when-watching-a-video/8c025b58-5204-4fc9-a312-016cfd978439
  3. BSODs when playing games IRQL,KMODE and others

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs when playing games IRQL,KMODE and others: Hello, so I recently had problems with my RTX 2070 super OC and i sent it back to check it. Before i sent it back i also updated bios to 2602 version which is a beta version. Well i sent the graphic card back and got a GTX 960 from a friend. I started getting blue screens so...
  4. PC restarts when watching streams or videos from YouTube or Steam.

PC restarts when watching streams or videos from YouTube or Steam.: Hi, im currenty having an issue with a PC i just recently built. When ever i start a stream or video, maybe 2-3 minutes in, my PC would start randomly. There isnt a blue screen that appears when it restarts, just a black screen. It can also happen when i use spotify for about...
  5. Audio issues when watching videos/live streaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio issues when watching videos/live streaming: So today I've noticed whenever I watch something, whether it'd be live streaming or just a video on YouTube or VLC the audio would sound robotic every now and then, as well as lag a bit. Has anybody experienced this issue and how can I fix this? It was normal yesterday......
  6. cannot watch streaming mp4 videos in Mozilla Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    cannot watch streaming mp4 videos in Mozilla Firefox: I have updated Windows 10 to Anniversary Update ok with no problems..howver i cannot watch streaming mp4 videos in Latest version of Mozilla Firefox..do need to install a codec pack..as there are different sorts.. I tried running Mozilla Firefox in safe mode this did not...
  7. BSOD while playing WOW or watching streaming video

BSOD while playing WOW or watching streaming video: I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and everything has been really smooth, except recently I've started getting increasingly frequent BSOD crashes. It usually gives me the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error, but sometimes I get other ones. It was fairly infrequent, but last night it...
  8. Windows 10 Teaking internet when watching streaming video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Teaking internet when watching streaming video: I was wondering if there is a way to get better results when you watch HD videos online and prevent the pauses due to internet speed. I personally have a fiber 1gb/s connection and can download a HD video file of 8GB in about 5 minutes. So I should not have any problem...
  9. Occasional BSOD while watching videos/streams online

Occasional BSOD while watching videos/streams online: Hello, A few times a week, BSODs occur while I'm watching online videos or streams. The BSODs are always related to ntoskrnl.exe or other system files (I checked with WhoCrashed and BlueScreenView). I have to mention that I keep all drivers updated (apart from an AHCI...
  10. Watching/streaming Video's

in Windows 10 Support
    Watching/streaming Video's: Hi, Since I installed Win 10 I notice at times when I watch a movie in full screen on any player or stream on you tube full screen the player will min itself or freeze so I have to refresh, watching a movie on a player will result in it just closing or crashing, with some...