Windows 10: Is a 'Global' folder view setting possible, changing all at once ?

Discus and support Is a 'Global' folder view setting possible, changing all at once ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I work with lots of libraries (around 30) and each is linked to many folders. When installing Windows and importing files I find that the default view... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mooly, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Mooly Win User

Is a 'Global' folder view setting possible, changing all at once ?

I work with lots of libraries (around 30) and each is linked to many folders. When installing Windows and importing files I find that the default view is 'Details' but I prefer 'Large Icons'. This involves clicking and opening every folder in turn and manually changing the view setting for each.

Is there a way to do it globally ?

:)

Mooly, Aug 8, 2016

2. How do I change the default view for Windows 10 File Explorer search results?

That works great for the current folder being viewed. I like tiles instead of details and on every pc I’ve used details has always been the default setting. How do i change the setting to tiles globally on my user account (ie all subfolders) rather than
    having to change every folder i want to view to tiles individually?

JoeNichols1, Aug 8, 2016
  3. How can I set a default so that files and folders are displayed using the view option "LIST"

Open File Explorer by using key combination Windows Key + E and navigate to the folder you want to use as a source for view layout settings.

2. Navigate to the View tab in ribbon bar on the top and change the settings per your wish. You can change the layout and choose the folder details to display, add extra panes, adjust column width, etc.

Set a default Folder View for all folders

3. Once done with the changes, click Options to open Folder Options window.

4. Click the View tab in Folder Options window.

5. Click on Apply to Folders button.

How to apply a folder's view settings to all folders in Windows 10

6. Click Yes on the confirmation window that pops up.

How to apply a folder's view settings to all folders in Windows 10

7. Click OK on the Folder Options window to save the settings.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 8, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Aug 8, 2016
  5. Mooly Win User
    I do believe I do mean that *Smile Just tried it and that seems to do the job nicely. Yay. I guess I just don't play around enough from the standard settings and look for many of the features.

Thanks ever so much.

Mooly, Aug 8, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Phew.. sometimes it easy..*Biggrin

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is a 'Global' folder view setting possible, changing all at once ? - Similar Threads - 'Global' folder view

2. Change View Type for a Set of Folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change View Type for a Set of Folders?: Hello. I have a computer with Windows 11 Home version 22H2 build 2261.819.I am trying to set a default File Explorer view for a set of folders, which are all in the same parent folder:These folders have all configuration files and images in them, so Windows File Explorer...
  3. Change View Type for a Set of Folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change View Type for a Set of Folders?: Hello. I have a computer with Windows 11 Home version 22H2 build 2261.819.I am trying to set a default File Explorer view for a set of folders, which are all in the same parent folder:These folders have all configuration files and images in them, so Windows File Explorer...
  4. Command to view all files within a group of folders all at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command to view all files within a group of folders all at once: I used to use a sort command when trying to view all files across a bunch of folders at once. It makes sorting files easier. I do know part of the command was written as not sort kind, I may even have the word order off slightly however I am unable to remember which parts...
  5. Command to view all files within a group of folders all at once

Command to view all files within a group of folders all at once: I used to use a sort command when trying to view all files across a bunch of folders at once. It makes sorting files easier. I do know part of the command was written as not sort kind, I may even have the word order off slightly however I am unable to remember which parts...
  6. Viewing all folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Viewing all folders: How do I view all folders on the left hand side using Version 16005.14326.20970.0?Also, how I can get the folder list to stay on the left so I can still see my reading pane?...
  7. Announcing WinSetView (Tool to Globally Set Explorer Folder Views)

Announcing WinSetView (Tool to Globally Set Explorer Folder Views): I've developed a tool for globally setting Explorer folder views. It's available now from here: GitHub - /WinSetView: Globally Set Explorer Folder Views It can be run from the command line or from a point and click interface. The working part of the tool is written in...
  8. Announcing WinSetView (Tool to Globally Set Explorer Folder Views)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Announcing WinSetView (Tool to Globally Set Explorer Folder Views): I've developed a tool for globally setting Explorer folder views. It's available now from here: GitHub - /WinSetView: Globally Set Explorer Folder Views It can be run from the command line or from a point and click interface. The working part of the tool is written in...
  9. Apply Folder View settings to all folders Automatically ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apply Folder View settings to all folders Automatically ?: Apply Folder View settings to all folders Automatically ? Windows 10 ; Folder view I have set to view dimensions of images for easy reference. I want all windows I open to display this information also . I tried the Apply to All folders , button, in View Options menu....
  10. Customize Many (Not All) Folders' View Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Customize Many (Not All) Folders' View Settings: Hi, I have many folders that I want to set a specific custom setting for. I have about 100 folders (well, specifically, saved search files within File Explorer, that I want to open showing the results as View > Details, and only the details on top of Name & Date Modified....