Windows 10: Is controlled folder access critical to security?

Discus and support Is controlled folder access critical to security? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Since I turned controlled folder access on in my security settings, I get notices every time I access my desktop computer.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jclark59, Jan 28, 2019.

1. jclark59 Win User

Is controlled folder access critical to security?

Since I turned controlled folder access on in my security settings, I get notices every time I access my desktop computer.

:)

jclark59, Jan 28, 2019
  2. Controlled folder access Problem

I want to use ( Controlled folder access ) for my custom folders like system 32,
    but want to remove the default folders like the desktop folder .
    Found in :
    windows defender > windows defender security center > virus & threat protection >
    virus & threat protection settings > Controlled folder access :

Sometimes I cant save or edit things at the desktop with Controlled folder access On.
    Yet if turned Off ; then I cant protect my custom folders.

Hows protecting the desktop more important than system 32 ?

Asking for advice to get around this by any means, to delete the default list, so only my custom folders remain in the control access list.

OtherWay1982, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Is controlled folder access critical to security?

Jsssssssss, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Is controlled folder access critical to security?

1. Is controlled folder access critical to security? - Similar Threads - controlled folder access

2. Windows Security Controlled Folder Access question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security Controlled Folder Access question: I have recently turned on the Controlled Folder Access feature in Windows Security. But I have noticed that shortly after I turned it on, a Windows Security notification tells me that it protected a folder from an unwanted program. I ignored it but it recently got worse and...
  3. Windows Security Controlled Folder Access question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Controlled Folder Access question: I have recently turned on the Controlled Folder Access feature in Windows Security. But I have noticed that shortly after I turned it on, a Windows Security notification tells me that it protected a folder from an unwanted program. I ignored it but it recently got worse and...
  4. controlled folder access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    controlled folder access: When trying to open Controlled Folder Access, a window opened that said the IT administrator had restricted access to this page. The computer is my personal PC and I have no IT Administrator. How do I retrieve access to this page?...
  5. controller folder access

in Windows 10 Customization
    controller folder access: ***moved on english forum***Hello,I recently install street of rage 4, But i have an error saying:i try to go to windows security/ virus and threat protection section, i can not find "controller folder access"i try to search it and i find it:But when i click on it, it's...
  6. Windows Security - Controlled Folder access

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Security - Controlled Folder access: Windows 10 Pro 1903 Windows updated to all quality updates and definition updates as of this post Windows Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - Version 4.18.2001.10 The issues that is occurring is when I have controlled folder access turn on and I go into control...
  7. controlled folder access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    controlled folder access: My real-time protection, cloud-delivered protection, automatic sample submission, tamper protections all are off. I try to on it. but it doesn't work. It says to on the controlled folder access. but when I try to on that option. it doesn't work. It says, "protects files,...
  8. CONTROLLED FOLDER ACCESS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CONTROLLED FOLDER ACCESS: MY CONTOLLED FOLDER ACCESS WILL NOT TURN ON https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controlled-folder-access/7c2fdde9-b968-47ee-88b5-b8411d7e02b9
  9. Controlled Folder Access

Controlled Folder Access: Trying to use Controlled Folder access on a couple of machines. I am running into an issue where after about a day defender notifications no longer appear in the action center nor are they logged by defender in event viewer. If i look in event viewer at the defender...
  10. Controlled folder access

Controlled folder access: For the last week the controlled folder access is blocking my Quicken program from updating or downloading anything. When I click on the notice it takes me to the allow app but when I open that to choose to allow app nothing is there! I really need to use my Quicken. How do...