Windows 10: Is it normal if i can't create "New Folder" in Windows 10?

Discus and support Is it normal if i can't create "New Folder" in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; About a week after Clean Installing Windows 10 from an upgraded version on my laptop, I noticed that i wasn't able to Create a New Folder anywhere,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alfa server, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Is it normal if i can't create "New Folder" in Windows 10?

About a week after Clean Installing Windows 10 from an upgraded version on my laptop, I noticed that i wasn't able to Create a New Folder anywhere, from Desktop to File Explorer Directories. Nothing! Even when i try clicking the "New Folder" Button in the Ribbon or pressing Ctrl+Shift+N it still won't work. In the Context Menu (Right Click), I can't find the "New" Button too. Is this normal for Windows 10 after being installed? Do i have to install something (maybe an update) for the "New" to appear in the Context Menu?

Is it normal if i can't create "New Folder" in Windows 10? [​IMG]

:)

alfa server, Oct 3, 2015

2. " Nokia Simple " theme - where it this theme?

hi,

Some days ago on page
    http://ea.mobile.nokia.com/content/spin/ea/6120c/en/theme/index.xhtml
    or in phone (nokia 6120c) themes/general/download themes/ was very cool theme (light cream white, black fonts) " Nokia Simple ", now its dissapear from this site. Where i can get it?
    or maybe somebody has it and could send to me.

thx

szympek123, Oct 3, 2015
  3. okinawa---01, Oct 3, 2015
  4. altae Win User

Is it normal if i can't create "New Folder" in Windows 10?

Looks like a permission issue. Check the permissions for the desktop folder. In Windows Explorer right click on the desktop folder, select properties and there go to the security tab. You should have write permission for that folder.

altae, Oct 3, 2015
  5. I checked "Properties" on the Desktop folder in explorer just like you said but there's no Security Tab anywhere. I know it should be there but it's not (Nothing in "Advanced" Button either". is there something wrong with my System? maybe i have missing System files?

Is it normal if i can't create "New Folder" in Windows 10? [​IMG]

alfa server, Oct 3, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 3, 2015
  7. altae Win User
    Did you right click on the shortcut for desktop or did you navigate to c:\users\username\desktop?

altae, Oct 3, 2015
  8. Is it normal if i can't create "New Folder" in Windows 10?

i tried both and the results were the same.

alfa server, Oct 3, 2015
  9. altae Win User
    And what happens if you go into properties of the superordinate folder (c:\users\your username)? Are you able to access the tab "security" there?

altae, Oct 3, 2015
  10. No matter what folder i check the properties on, the Security Tab is always missing, It only shows the "General" and "Previous Versions" Tab. It's almost as if the Security Tab doesn't even exist in my PC.

alfa server, Oct 3, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 3, 2015
  12. I'm hesitating whether this is the solution cause my problem actually is that i can't create New folders. Even though there are options in the ribbon "New Folder", Nothing happens when i click it, same goes with Ctrl+Shft+N. My problem isn't about the missing "New" in Context menu but my laptop's missing ability to create folders. I'm not sure if your solution applies to both, though.

alfa server, Oct 3, 2015
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

The tutorial I posted will restore the New context menu and the default registry entries for this.

It should hopefully help since it's all related.

Brink, Oct 4, 2015
  14. Furlongs Win User
    I lost my New context key after a Windows update and thankfully the tutorial worked.*Biggrin

Furlongs, Feb 7, 2016
  15. Demagnus Win User
    Demagnus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is it normal if i can't create "New Folder" in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - normal can't create

2. Can't create new folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't create new folders in Windows 10: Hiya,So as the title suggests, I can't create new folders. This isn't specific to any drive, it's literally everywhere on every drive. All I can do is create a shortcut, bitmap image, rich text document and a text document. This happened after an update but I don't know which...
  3. Can't create new folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't create new folders in Windows 10: Hiya,So as the title suggests, I can't create new folders. This isn't specific to any drive, it's literally everywhere on every drive. All I can do is create a shortcut, bitmap image, rich text document and a text document. This happened after an update but I don't know which...
  4. Can't create new folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't create new folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't create new folders.: Creating new folders isn't working since I tried to change my default folders icon using this tutorial.Now everytime I create a folder I am getting this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-create-new-folders/5d2267e0-43a2-4a61-9f06-81ce4300476a
  6. Can't create new folders.

Can't create new folders.: Creating new folders isn't working since I tried to change my default folders icon using this tutorial.Now everytime I create a folder I am getting this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-create-new-folders/5d2267e0-43a2-4a61-9f06-81ce4300476a
  7. Can't create new folder

Can't create new folder: When I right click on the desktop or inside a folder the option to create a new folder does not appear, also, when clicking on the "new folder" button on the file explorer or pressing ctrl+shift+n nothing happens. The only way for me to create a new folder at this point is...
  8. I can't create new folder

I can't create new folder: So, as in the title… I can't create a folder. Nothing works with Ctrl+Shift+N, New Folder from the File Manager toolbar, or even Right Click > New Folder because that option isn't even there!. I can, however, create a folder from the Terminal. It seems to me that an update...
  9. Can't create new folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't create new folder: [ATTACH] Suddenly noticed that I'm unable to create new folder in windows 10. Even ctrl+shift+n doesn't work or the new folder button in task bar. Also I checked HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers and the correct New folder was there with...
  10. Can't create a new folder

Can't create a new folder: Why is it that, since the latest update, I am no longer able to create a new folder. I am working on an ASUS laptop with plenty of storage & RAM. I bring up 'new' & nothing happens then I am told file explorer is not responding....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after latest win 10 update not able to create the new folder

2. Is it normal if i cant create New Folder in Windows 10?