Windows 10: Is it possible to disable automatic driver updates for only one selected device?

Discus and support Is it possible to disable automatic driver updates for only one selected device? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have got a Wi-Fi card on RTL8192CU chip, and the newest drivers for it sucks so I am downgrading it. But due to automatic driver updates, I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EZPC1, Feb 13, 2020.

1. /u/EZPC1 Win User

Is it possible to disable automatic driver updates for only one selected device?

I have got a Wi-Fi card on RTL8192CU chip, and the newest drivers for it sucks so I am downgrading it. But due to automatic driver updates, I have to downgrade it 1/2 times a week. I don' t want to completely disable auto driver updates, I just want to disable it for Wi-Fi card only.

submitted by /u/EZPC1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EZPC1, Feb 13, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Feb 13, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Is it possible to disable automatic driver updates for only one selected device? :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Is it possible to disable automatic driver updates for only one selected device?

Does disabling automatic Win Updates include automatic Device Driver?

Hi, all:

1) Does setting Windows Updates to "notify for download and notify for install" via GP edit also disable Device Driver automatic installation?
    2) Or does disabling automatic device driver installation need to be configured separately?
    3) If the latter (separate setting), is it advisable to do so, despite the ominous warning from M$ that "your device may not work as expected"?

I followed Brink's characteristically excellent tutorial for GP edit here: Windows Update Automatic Updates - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 to "notify for download and notify for install" (Thanks for that!).

So my questions center on whether doing so will also prevent automatic device driver installation, or whether I need to and/or should configure that setting separately?

M$'s ominous warning seems to be strongly discouraging users from disabling automatic device driver updates and "realistic icons"(*Rolleyes).
    For my OEM XP, Vista and 7 systems, I have always gotten drivers -- WHEN NEEDED -- from the OEM, not via Windows Update, as the OEMs historically have done a better job than M$ in offering the needed drivers for their computers.

Is that still true under Win10?
    Assuming that disabling automatic Windows Updates does NOT also disable automatic device driver updates, should I disable automatic device driver installation on this OEM Win10 box?

TIA,

MM

MoxieMomma, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to disable automatic driver updates for only one selected device?

1. Is it possible to disable automatic driver updates for only one selected device? - Similar Threads - possible disable automatic

2. Device Drivers Are Not Automatically Updated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Drivers Are Not Automatically Updated: G'day,When I select 'update driver' in device manager and select automatically search for update, it instantly says 'The best drivers for your device are already installed'. Notice the word instantly. It does not feel like Windows is actually searching for appropriate...
  3. Device Drivers Are Not Automatically Updated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Drivers Are Not Automatically Updated: G'day,When I select 'update driver' in device manager and select automatically search for update, it instantly says 'The best drivers for your device are already installed'. Notice the word instantly. It does not feel like Windows is actually searching for appropriate...
  4. Device Drivers Are Not Automatically Updated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Disable automatic updates for Nvidia drivers only. Is it possible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable automatic updates for Nvidia drivers only. Is it possible?: After a year of working with fresh Windows, I suddenly got an update today for my Nvidia DCH driver. I did a small research and my guess is that Windows 10 updates DCH driver like a part of regular Windows Drivers Updates (setupapi.dev log file also contains a record about...
  6. Is it possible to disable night mode on only one screen?

Is it possible to disable night mode on only one screen?: I have two monitors and a TV connected with an HDMI. When I want to watch something I do so on the TV using my PC instead of the smart TV features, which are buggy due to the age of the TV. I like using night mode on my monitors but I don’t like the TV color being adjusted...
  7. Update drivers automatically in device manager?

Update drivers automatically in device manager?: Hey all, is there any way for me to check everything with just some clicks for drivers, instead of going through every single thing in device manager? submitted by /u/FHRNHTx [link] [comments]...
  8. Is there a way to disable auto-update driver for one device?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a way to disable auto-update driver for one device?: My wireless network device can't work after windows auto update the driver. Whenever windows update, I have to manually downdate this device to a lower version to get it work normally. Is there a way to disable auto-update driver for wireless network device?...
  9. Disable Automatic Windows Update Driver Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable Automatic Windows Update Driver Update: Hello and thanks for taking a look at my issue. I have been using my PC manufacturers Synaptics touch-pad driver for years without issue, it is from 2015. The other day Windows 10 automatically updated to some 2017 Synpatics driver. I lost the ability to scroll up or down...
  10. Does disabling automatic Win Updates include automatic Device Driver?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Does disabling automatic Win Updates include automatic Device Driver?: Hi, all: 1) Does setting Windows Updates to "notify for download and notify for install" via GP edit also disable Device Driver automatic installation? 2) Or does disabling automatic device driver installation need to be configured separately? 3) If the latter (separate...