Windows 10: Is it recommended to purchase an antivirus like Kaspersky or is windows defender sufficient?

Discus and support Is it recommended to purchase an antivirus like Kaspersky or is windows defender sufficient? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/See-bott [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fz3s9p/is_it_recommended_to_purchase_an_antivirus_like/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/See-bott, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Is it recommended to purchase an antivirus like Kaspersky or is windows defender sufficient?

/u/See-bott, Apr 11, 2020
  2. Nik Hill Win User

Both Kaspersky And Windows Defender Are Turned Off

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...b59cebc4f24/how-to-protect-your-windows-10-pc
    Note the statement "If you want to use Windows Defender Antivirus, uninstall all of your other antivirus programs and Windows Defender Antivirus will automatically turn on. You may be asked to restart your device." Accordingly you should not
    be trying to use two AV programs to provide real time scanning - that causes performance issues, software conflicts and other issues.

Same computer?
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings-winpc/is-it-alright-to-run-both-windows-defenders-and/0b4f2033-bb22-412b-b71b-eafe49734c9c

And you removed any trial software that was on the computer when you first purchased it (such as McAfee or Norton) and ran the appropriate software removal tool for such products? List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

If you want to use Kaspersky suggest uninstall Kaspersky, run the Kaspersky Removal Tool, reboot and then install a new version of Kaspersky. Windows Defender should be disabled.

List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

Your best option regarding issues with Kaspersky would be to seek advice from Kaspersky Support or the Kaspersky Forum:

Kaspersky Knowledge Base

Kaspersky Lab Forum

If necessary you can always manually disable Windows Defender:
    https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/turn-on-or-off-windows-defender-in-windows-10.6895/

Regards

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them. | Emsisoft | Security Blog

Yes. I am using the same computer and I didn't have any trial anti-malware software to be removed before purchasing Kaspersky.

Nik Hill, Apr 11, 2020
  3. I Hassan Win User
    Do I need to install third party antivirus (like Kaspersky, ESET etc.) or window 10 defender is sufficient for safe surfing?

I have read that window 10 in-built window defender ranks poor among the antivirus programs. It has scored 3.5/6 while Kaspersky has shown 6/6 in antivirus testing. All these make me bit confused either to install commercial antivirus or not. But their
    installation slows down the system which is another frustrating issue.

I Hassan, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Is it recommended to purchase an antivirus like Kaspersky or is windows defender sufficient?

Kaspersky free vs Windows Defender anti-virus

Hello, I have also tried both antivirus, Windows Defender and Kaspersky Free Antivirus. I recommend Kaspersky Free for powerful computers, or mid-range. In any case, it should not under any circumstances install two antivirus, because it would cancel them.

Youyou_406, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Is it recommended to purchase an antivirus like Kaspersky or is windows defender sufficient?

1. Is it recommended to purchase an antivirus like Kaspersky or is windows defender sufficient? - Similar Threads - recommended purchase antivirus

2. is windows defender sufficient with 1909

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    is windows defender sufficient with 1909: is windows defender sufficient for antivirus protection in version 1909? 168972
  3. Is Windows Defender sufficient?

Is Windows Defender sufficient?: Is Windows Defender (Windows 10) as good as the other free antivirus programs? Ist Windows Defender ausreichend?
  4. Windows Defender/Security and Kaspersky

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender/Security and Kaspersky: If I uninstall Kasperksy will Windows Defender/Security automatically take over? I am asking because I want to install Malwarebytes, but there is a known issue with Kaspersky and Malwarebytes. Thanks....
  5. Is windows defender sufficient or is it just a resource hog? Am I using the wrong antivirus?

Is windows defender sufficient or is it just a resource hog? Am I using the wrong antivirus?: Is windows defender a sufficient malware defense solution? How would a Microsoft representative answer that question? ie what am I missing? Considering it's resource consumption, it should be more than sufficient. Im guessing it takes an average of 25% of system...
  6. Is Defender good enough without purchasing antivirus

Is Defender good enough without purchasing antivirus: Just moved back to Windows 10 from 7 after a nightmare experience with the first 10 launch ! Was curious about Defenders capabilities and ditching paid for antivirus Steve Peters 5...
  7. Is Windows Defender Sufficient?

Is Windows Defender Sufficient?: is windows defender antivirus is enough to protect my pc ? [Original Title: security] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-windows-defender-sufficient/f5d4e65f-de4d-42a9-bba4-fc38c8551d3e
  8. Is Windows Defender Sufficient for Windows 7?

Is Windows Defender Sufficient for Windows 7?: Hi there, Is windows defender is enough for Windows 7, or do I need to install other antivirus software. Please suggest. [Original Title: Windows Defender]...
  9. Defender/Kaspersky

Defender/Kaspersky: I have win 8.1 on my PC and have relied on Kaspersky for a number of years. It has served me well over the years except once when I encountered a software issue and turned off Kaspersky, enabled Windows Defender so I could scan for issues. Defender found the issue that...
  10. Antivirus kaspersky

Antivirus kaspersky: I'm using windows 10 version 1703 i want to install kaspersky internet security 2017 .. But i can't install please hlep me out... Thank [img] 87146