Windows 10: Is microsoft account or registration in azure AD is needed to use SecurityKey in sign-in...

Discus and support Is microsoft account or registration in azure AD is needed to use SecurityKey in sign-in... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have a local and domain user account. I want to use securitykey to sign-in the local user account. Another securitykey for domain user... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by krishnarajkrs, May 19, 2020.

1. Is microsoft account or registration in azure AD is needed to use SecurityKey in sign-in...

Hi,

I have a local and domain user account.

I want to use securitykey to sign-in the local user account.

Another securitykey for domain user account but domain user is not integrated to Azure AD.

Is it possible to register securitykey for this device locally.

I am talking about the sign-in options in windows 10.

:)

krishnarajkrs, May 19, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Convert online Microsoft Azure account to local account?

Unfortunately, you cannot switch an Azure AD account to a local or Microsoft account. You need to create a new user account first, make it an admin account, then disconnect from your organizational account, restart and sign in to new local account.

All software remains installed and intact but all user specific customizations and settings are lost, new local user starting from scratch with default settings.

The whole process step by step:

1.) Copy your personal data (documents, images etc.) from current Azure AD user profile folder to respective folders in C:\Users\Public

2.) In Settings > Accounts > Other people, add a new local user (see Option One in this tutorial)

3.) Check that everything is correct, that you will see your Azure AD account under Work or school users (yellow highlight), and your new local admin account under Other people (blue highlight):

Is microsoft account or registration in azure AD is needed to use SecurityKey in sign-in... [​IMG]

4.) Select Access work or school on left pane, select the connected Azure AD domain, click Disconnect:

Is microsoft account or registration in azure AD is needed to use SecurityKey in sign-in... [​IMG]

5.) Click Yes:

6.) Click Disconnect:

7.) Enter the username and password for your new local admin account, click OK:

8.) Click Restart now:

9.) When back on desktop with your new local admin account, move personal data from Public folder and its subfolders you backed up in step 1 above to respective subfolders on new user profile folder. If the old Azure AD user profile folder is still present in Users folder, it can be deleted now.

That's it.

3. Unable to disconnect from Azure AD after account login issues

Been having an issue with one of our systems that is Azure AD joined, we seem to be experiencing the issue with accounts claiming that the password is incorrect. We are running and Insider Preview build (18346.19h1) on this system, so know to expect a couple
    of issues, but wanted to get others thoughts on it before we reload the system.

Steps taken so far are:

• try other Azure Users, same error
    • create and login with a local account
    • disconnect and reconnect to Azure AD
    One of the issues being that we cannot disconnect the system. The disconnect button warns of the consequences, then proceeds to do nothing.

Any other troubleshooting steps to try or is it time to wipe and reload?

richardthompson21, May 19, 2020
  4. MrPaulK Win User

Is microsoft account or registration in azure AD is needed to use SecurityKey in sign-in...

Office 365/Azure AD login to Windows 10-account doesn't persist across signouts/restarts

I've setup Windows 10 by joining it to an Azure AD/Office 365 account and signed into Windows 10 with the Azure AD/O365 account. The problem is when an additional account is added to the machine (a Microsoft Account/Live/Consumer), the Azure AD/Office 365
    user account doesn't show on the lockscreen. The accounts tied to a Microsoft Account Consumer ID are listed, but the Azure AD user account can only be logged into by clicking "Other User" and typing the full email and password. It remains on the lock screen
    until the user signs out or restarts the machine.

My employees hate typing their full work email and password in every time they sign into their machine and I want them to be able to use their PIN/Windows Hello to login to Windows 10. What can I do?

MrPaulK, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Is microsoft account or registration in azure AD is needed to use SecurityKey in sign-in...

1. Is microsoft account or registration in azure AD is needed to use SecurityKey in sign-in... - Similar Threads - microsoft account registration

2. What are the costs and licensing requirements to sign into an Azure VM with a Azure AD account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are the costs and licensing requirements to sign into an Azure VM with a Azure AD account?: We have a P1 license as part of the Microsoft Partner Program. We have a Azure VM and we want to start using Azure AD accounts with RBAC to sign into that VM instead of using a local administrator account. Will this be possible for our current license or do we need P2 or even...
  3. What are the costs and licensing requirements to sign into an Azure VM with a Azure AD account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are the costs and licensing requirements to sign into an Azure VM with a Azure AD account?: We have a P1 license as part of the Microsoft Partner Program. We have a Azure VM and we want to start using Azure AD accounts with RBAC to sign into that VM instead of using a local administrator account. Will this be possible for our current license or do we need P2 or even...
  4. Login using Azure AD account instead of local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login using Azure AD account instead of local account: Hi!I am trying to find the recommended way to go from using a local account to a Azure AD account for log-in on Windows 10. I have a computer with a local admin account. I used this to create a work account. It seems to go well and I can find the computer listed in Azure AD...
  5. Login using Azure AD account instead of local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login using Azure AD account instead of local account: Hi!I am trying to find the recommended way to go from using a local account to a Azure AD account for log-in on Windows 10. I have a computer with a local admin account. I used this to create a work account. It seems to go well and I can find the computer listed in Azure AD...
  6. Login using Azure AD account instead of local account

7. legacy Azure AD account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    legacy Azure AD account: Hello Is there a way to resume a azure AD/ user login information,I have tried disable credential manager, seems work for a while but the credential box comes back. My question is, is the azure AD account unlockable thanks...
  8. legacy Azure AD account

legacy Azure AD account: Hello Is there a way to resume a azure AD/ user login information,I have tried disable credential manager, seems work for a while but the credential box comes back. My question is, is the azure AD account unlockable thanks...
  9. legacy Azure AD account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Azure AD Account Locked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Azure AD Account Locked: Hi everyone, We are using Azure AD DS. One of the user accounts got locked today wrong password attempts by the user. The password was reset from the Azure Portal. But it still says the account is locked when trying to login to Windows. Is there anyway to unlock the user...