Windows 10: Is My Windows 10 Corrupt - Settings Not Being Saved And Possibly More

Discus and support Is My Windows 10 Corrupt - Settings Not Being Saved And Possibly More in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CT71, Mar 5, 2018.

1. CT71 Win User

Is My Windows 10 Corrupt - Settings Not Being Saved And Possibly More

Is My Windows 10 Corrupt - Settings Not Being Saved And Possibly More [​IMG]

2. CT71 Win User

Sorry, I had some minor setbacks over the weekend. So I updated the BIOS and "I think" I reset it. Not positive, the wording in BIOS wasn't 100% clear, but I may have done it. I did reset something, I know that.

Here is my drivers page:

Support for Inspiron 3650 | Drivers & downloads | Dell US

3. CT71 Win User
    Souljazk: Thanks for the input. I'm not ignoring it, but since zbook has taken the time to do these steps with me I think it would be a little disrespectful if I didn't see it all the way through first. Hopefully I won't have to get to your step, lol.

4. CT71 Win User

I ran the chkdsk /x /f /r last night. I swore I had done this before but it didn't take long at all. Last night's it was stuck at 11% forever, which had me worried, but when I woke up this morning it had cycled all the way through. I'll post the report when I get home from work.

Also, I do have CCleaner, but I don't have the "search" function anywhere??

5. zbook New Member
    For Ccleaner the concerns are:
    1) The boxes that are checked and un-checked
    2) Registry cleaning

For troubleshooting certain files are needed that can be removed when using Ccleaner.
    Click the Windows tab > scroll down to system and advanced > post an image into the thread
    Registry cleaning may work in the short term.
    However over the long term we get posts that have OS failure and many of these need a clean install.
    So avoid Ccleaner registry cleaning.
    Ccleaner works well for cleaning Windows and applications and this you can perform as frequently as you like.

3) Update the progress with the tests and steps in post #10

4) Run the beta log collector and post a new zip into the thread:
    log collector v2-beta08.zip
    (extract > open)

zbook, Mar 12, 2018
  6. CT71 Win User

Well, here's this.

7. CT71 Win User

And this.

8. zbook New Member

For Ccleaner un-check:
    a) Memory dumps
    b) Windows Log Files

zbook, Mar 13, 2018
  9. CT71 Win User
    C:\Users\CT\Desktop>dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.16299.15

Image Version: 10.0.16299.125

[==========================100.0%==========================] No component store corruption detected.
    The operation completed successfully.

C:\Users\CT\Desktop>

10. CT71 Win User
    Not sure I did this zip right or not.

11. zbook New Member
    Please update the progress with posts #33 and #10.

zbook, Mar 13, 2018
  12. CT71 Win User
    I'm a little confused. What steps are we talking about? Step 10 to me means in the original post:

10) dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

But there's no step 33, so what am I missing?

13. zbook New Member

It was posts instead of steps.

zbook, Mar 13, 2018
  14. CT71 Win User
    Ah, sorry. So for post 10, I'm not trying to be too stupid here, but which steps do want updated - there's alot of them. I must still be misunderstanding because I couldn't obviously update all of them.

8) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    9) sfc /scannow
    10) dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

11) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    12) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

25) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    chkdsk /x /f /r
    This may take many hours so plan to run it overnight.

C:\Windows\system32>chkdsk /x /f /r
    The type of the file system is NTFS.
    Cannot lock current drive.

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
    process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be
    checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)

Type: Y
    reboot

26) Use the information in this link to find the chkdsk report in the event viewer. Copy and paste > notepad > save to desktop > post into the thread
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

27) Run HD Tune:
    HD Tune website
    Post images of the results for each of these tabs:
    a) Health (SMART)
    b) Benchmark
    c) Full error scan

15. CT71 Win User
    As for #33, I just ran CCleaner and do you want another zip of the beta log collector?

Thema:

1. Is My Windows 10 Corrupt - Settings Not Being Saved And Possibly More - Similar Threads - Corrupt Settings Being

2. Possible Corrupted Windows??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible Corrupted Windows??: So I've had a ton of issues with Windows for awhile and I've had no luck solving anything, since there's so many issues I'm thinking it might be 1 big issue. I don't know much about OS troubleshooting or anything I'll try to provide a list of issues. Any help would be...
  3. Possible Corrupted Windows??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible Corrupted Windows??: So I've had a ton of issues with Windows for awhile and I've had no luck solving anything, since there's so many issues I'm thinking it might be 1 big issue. I don't know much about OS troubleshooting or anything I'll try to provide a list of issues. Any help would be...
  4. Possible Corrupted Windows??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 possible corruption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 possible corruption: My pc one day just randomly failed to read the HDDI realized it was with windows because it was stuck on auto repair I didn’t care about the computer I just wanted to get the files out. So I tried plugging in the HDD to a separate computer to extract the files but the user...
  6. Windows 10 possible corruption

Windows 10 possible corruption: My pc one day just randomly failed to read the HDDI realized it was with windows because it was stuck on auto repair I didn’t care about the computer I just wanted to get the files out. So I tried plugging in the HDD to a separate computer to extract the files but the user...
  7. Windows 10 possible corruption

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Possible corrupt profile or security setting issues?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible corrupt profile or security setting issues?: Hey guys, so I've been in contact with ESO supportElder Scrolls Online and they told me to contact microsoft for further support.The issue I'm having is that ever since installing windows 11, I can't seem to launch ESO.Whenever I launch the game for the first time through the...
  9. Possible corrupt profile or security setting issues?

Possible corrupt profile or security setting issues?: Hey guys, so I've been in contact with ESO supportElder Scrolls Online and they told me to contact microsoft for further support.The issue I'm having is that ever since installing windows 11, I can't seem to launch ESO.Whenever I launch the game for the first time through the...
  10. Windows 10 Possible Corruption Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Possible Corruption Issue: Hello, Thank you in advance for any help you can provide me in resolving my Windows 10 issue. On Nov 11th I allowed a Windows 10 update to post over night. On Nov 12th my machine, posted to Windows with no issues. After a few hours I noticed a performance slow down....