Windows 10: Is the Home version just Pro with fewer features?

Discus and support Is the Home version just Pro with fewer features? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is Windows 10 Home just Windows 10 Pro with some features disabled? So, for example, if I go to change the product key and enter a Pro key, will it be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tony910, Sep 1, 2015.

1. tony910 Win User

Is the Home version just Pro with fewer features?

Is Windows 10 Home just Windows 10 Pro with some features disabled? So, for example, if I go to change the product key and enter a Pro key, will it be converted or would I have to go through installation again?

Thanks.

:)

tony910, Sep 1, 2015

2. Windows 10 Help before purchase.

So I know there is Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro. I'm thinking of buying the Pro version and have found an activation key on Amazon. I'm just wonder if I need home to get the pro version or not.

AresKratos, Sep 1, 2015
  3. Installing Windows 10 Home over Pro

Hi,

I just bought a new PC that came with a non-activated version of Windows 10 Pro. I actually own a product key for Windows 10 Home, but the Media Creation Tool does not let me choose to do a Home clean install, just Pro.

There is any way I could downgrade from Pro to Home or install a clean Home version without using the Media Creation Tool?

VitorBrandt, Sep 1, 2015
  4. Mc Ruff Win User

You just enter the new key. No need for a reinstall

Mc Ruff, Sep 1, 2015
  5. You have to install Pro version again. You can use an upgrade to keep all installed software and documents.

TairikuOkami, Sep 1, 2015
  6. gedstar Win User
    That is not true according to this
    Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

gedstar, Sep 1, 2015
  7. TairikuOkami, Sep 1, 2015
  8. tony910 Win User

tony910, Sep 1, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is the Home version just Pro with fewer features? - Similar Threads - Home version Pro

2. Change Pro version to Home without buying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Pro version to Home without buying: Hi! I have windows 11 pro. But I want windows 11 home. Can I change my pro key to a home key? I don't care about the price difference. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-pro-version-to-home-without-buying/8972d771-2eaa-4159-9229-2ce2352abdef
  3. Windows 10 home to pro version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 home to pro version: I purchased the upgrade license in the appstore home to pro version however i am getting error 0xC00F4050 cannot activate windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-to-pro-version/1a7869fa-bd6c-467e-85e7-0b564bb9fad6
  4. Windows 10 home to pro version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 home to pro version: I purchased the upgrade license in the appstore home to pro version however i am getting error 0xC00F4050 cannot activate windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-to-pro-version/1a7869fa-bd6c-467e-85e7-0b564bb9fad6
  5. Windows 10 home to pro version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  6. I hope this "feature" makes it to all versions of Windows 11 and not just pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I hope this "feature" makes it to all versions of Windows 11 and not just pro: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kirk7899 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/p2cnob/i_hope_this_feature_makes_it_to_all_versions_of/
  7. Pro version to Home version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pro version to Home version: I purchased a Home version Product Key for a laptop preowned with Windows Pro. Because it wouldn't let me activate it after putting it in my name. So now what? Is there such a thing as a Downgrade in Versions? If so how do I go about this?...
  8. Transfer pro version to other pc with home version.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer pro version to other pc with home version.: Previously, I installed my old pc with home version from retail pack. (New package from near IT shops). Then I upgraded from home to pro via payment online. Currently, I buy new pc which running in home version, I want to upgrade it to pro and de-activate my old pc. But I...
  9. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro Version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro Version: Need some info, I had previously upgraded Window 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, via the Microsoft Store. I reinstalled Windows 10 from my USB Drive, which I created with the Media Creation Tool, While I had Home version. After reinstalling I realized that it installed Home...
  10. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro Version

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro Version: Need some info, I had previously upgraded Window 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, via the Microsoft Store. I reinstalled Windows 10 from my USB Drive, which I created with the Media Creation Tool, While I had Home version. After reinstalling I realized that it installed Home...