Windows 10: Is the Mail app just buggy?

Discus and support Is the Mail app just buggy? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I promised myself I would give each of the apps a fair trial before execution, and Mail set up so nicely with my four web mail accounts I thought it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gregrocker, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Is the Mail app just buggy?

I promised myself I would give each of the apps a fair trial before execution, and Mail set up so nicely with my four web mail accounts I thought it was a real keeper.

Since then I cannot depend upon it because it won't open about 1/3 of the time.

Are others experiencing this?

:)

gregrocker, Dec 3, 2014

2. Updating the Mail app in Windows 10 after just installing the new update

Hi Paul,

We appreciate that you have provided us the exact error message that you were getting as well as the troubleshooting steps that you have done so far. Upon checking, error code
    0X80073CF0 usually happens when there is system corruption on your Windows Store. Since you have tried to reset and ran the App Troubleshooter as well as doing the SFC scan and the issue is still the same, we suggest that you update the system
    using the
    Window 10 Update Assistant
    . Click on Update now in the link that we have provided you.

Windows 10 Update Assistant helps to keep all Windows 10 systems secure and to provide the latest features and improvements. It downloads and starts the installation of the latest version of Windows 10.

Feel free to get back to us anytime. We'll be happy to assist you further.

Jennifer Bri, Dec 3, 2014
  3. PaulYXU Win User
    Updating the Mail app in Windows 10 after just installing the new update

Thank you for taking the time to help Neil. I'm displeased that Microsoft just didn't bother to advise me, and everyone else with this problem, that it was their error.

I'm not terribly good with technology so I was trying things to resolve this 'app thing' by tinkering about with settings/directories etc etc when Microsoft knew that doing these things would never work.

I think that I will take heed of your story Neil and just let it be in the future! Thanks again!!

Cheers,

Paul

PaulYXU, Dec 3, 2014
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Is the Mail app just buggy?

I'm having the same issue. I think it started after this last Windows Update or the one before.

Brink, Dec 3, 2014
  5. Thanks, Shawn. Another round just asked for restart and now it opens.

I am also using Skype and Onedrive now. Any other apps you recommend as convenient?

gregrocker, Dec 3, 2014
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Not off the top of my head.

I'm also having the Mail app issue in 8.1.

Brink, Dec 3, 2014
  7. Arghh! Won't open again. *Confused

Oh well. I like it when it works.

gregrocker, Dec 3, 2014
  8. Is the Mail app just buggy?

Welcome to Microsoft app services *Wink

ThrashZone, Dec 4, 2014
  9. Yeah I remember actually trying a few of them one of the times I installed Win8 to a Dual Boot and got rid of it within a day or two. The apps were very much a part of the frustration. I'll let any that appear to be useful have their trial, but then they're getting uninstalled.

What else can be pinned to the right hand of Start Menu if one doesn't have any apps or just one or two?

gregrocker, Dec 5, 2014
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 5, 2014
  11. Shawn, Apps - Re-register in Windows 8 and 10 resulted in a Runtime error for Mail. Might be due to 7 Apps not being found. I ran as Admin.

Is the Mail app just buggy? [​IMG]

Trying to run it again hangs at Initialized:

I am running Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter - Fix Apps in Windows 8 which seems to be hung on Re-Registering. There was no choice to Run as Admin in Advanced Options nor to run the fix .cab as Admin.

Incidentally, when trying to paste these uploaded images into post, the dropdown menu is blank. I had to guess where each listing was, it chose all of them which I then deleted down.

While the troubleshooter is running about 10 minutes later, I notice Mail app has disappeared from taskbar and Start menu. But choosing it from All Apps list still generates Runtime error. Maybe it's working, slowly.

gregrocker, Dec 7, 2014
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hmm, may be time for a refresh.

Yeah, I've noticed that with attachments as well. Using a wide skin has them show properly for now though. I'll report this so John can take a look at them.

Brink, Dec 7, 2014
  13. Is the Mail app just buggy?

Forty five minutes later I get these pop-ups:

But the Mail app is working again now!

Thanks, Shawn! *Party

gregrocker, Dec 7, 2014
  14. z3r010 Win User
    It's a known bug, however when you upload something there is an insert inline button at the bottom of the upload manager and that works fine.

z3r010, Dec 7, 2014
  15. Thanks, John. I actually just used that without problem on the last set.

gregrocker, Dec 7, 2014
Thema:

Is the Mail app just buggy?

1. Is the Mail app just buggy? - Similar Threads - Mail app buggy

2. Windows Mail app format just changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail app format just changed: I was typing an email - must have clicked somewhere in error. Now the settings - people - etc. are on the left side instead of at the bottom. And the folders such as Inbox - Sent - Delete are hidden. How to bring back to original. Most probably something very easy but, I've...
  3. Windows Mail app format just changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail app format just changed: I was typing an email - must have clicked somewhere in error. Now the settings - people - etc. are on the left side instead of at the bottom. And the folders such as Inbox - Sent - Delete are hidden. How to bring back to original. Most probably something very easy but, I've...
  4. Is it just me or is Store being buggy lately?

Is it just me or is Store being buggy lately?: I am not sure if it's just me but lately it seems like it has some issues. In this case I usually got error code 0x000001F7. Previously I had also received same error code but with the last number being 8. I've read that it indicates something about third party blocking...
  5. Icons in Outlook Mail application are missing. Web version works fine. App version is buggy.

Icons in Outlook Mail application are missing. Web version works fine. App version is buggy.: All the small icons that come with emails are not showing up in the outlook mail app. Icons like university icons, other weblinks icons, etc. are missing. Everything works fine in the web version. [ATTACH] Moved from: Outlook.com / Options and settings /Email settings...
  6. Valorant is buggy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Valorant is buggy: So when I'm playing valorant in windowed mode and I try to shoot, sometimes it makes my cursor show up (like I changed windows) and I can't move or shoot. When I go into fullscreen and I turn and shoot or hold shoot, it just makes me go to my desktop. I basically can't play....
  7. Buggy monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Buggy monitor: [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] [ATTACH]I have a Dell XP-13 9300 laptop that is a few months old. Since I often use my laptop as a desktop, I keep the lid closed and look at my attached monitor rather than the laptop screen. To do this I have chosen these Windows...
  8. Java script error?? or pc just really buggy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Java script error?? or pc just really buggy: So I recently reset my pc and was noticing a lot of issues after I reset. Some of them being JavaScript errors when I start a program, really long application start times, and SmartScreen defender not working. I am also having network issues such as my internet not working...
  9. Microsoft Mail app not sending or receiving. just started to happen.

Microsoft Mail app not sending or receiving. just started to happen.: Everytime i try and send an email or receive an email the Microsoft Mail App sends an email from "Windows" telling me an error happened. stating - We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to...
  10. Mail App not showing all mail, just unread.

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App not showing all mail, just unread.: I'm a bit slow jumping on the Insider Preview bandwagon, and as 10 is literally around the corner I thought I'd better get some practice in so I've only just installed Windows 10 for the first time today. I'm on build 10074 and have added my hotmail account to the Mail App...