Windows 10: Is there a way for me to see what my friend was doing on my computer?

Discus and support Is there a way for me to see what my friend was doing on my computer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two computers. My desktop and my laptop, which I recently loaned to someone. Is there a way I can check what programs they opened and when, even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hachi, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Hachi Win User

Is there a way for me to see what my friend was doing on my computer?

I have two computers. My desktop and my laptop, which I recently loaned to someone. Is there a way I can check what programs they opened and when, even if I didn't have any monitoring software on the laptop when it was in use. I'm slightly worried, because all of my accounts were left logged in when they used my computer, and I'd like to see what programs apart from Google Chrome they used.

Thank you,
    ~

PS: The computer runs Windows 10 Home.

:)

Hachi, Jan 9, 2018

2. Is there a way for me to received emails on my phone but when I go to my gmail it's still marked as unread?

hi Joe,

you could use the flag option to mark your emails ...

Guillaume

Guillaume L.- Microsoft Support, Jan 9, 2018
  3. Is there a way for me to received emails on my phone but when I go to my gmail it's still marked as unread?

Not without consequences. If Gmail is the primary address on your phone then things will just have to work the way they are now. If Gmail is a secondary account then it could be added as a POP3 account which would give the behaviour you ask for but then
    you would loose integration with your Gmail address book and calendar.

Joel Ivory Johnson, Jan 9, 2018
  4. starflyr Win User

Not sure about programs, but if you go into your browser and check your browser history AND if they didn't delete it, you could see the websites they visited. AND if they downloaded any program, you could to to "downloads" and see any downloaded program applications listed, AGAIN, if they didn't delete them.

And finally, you could hit the START button and at the top of the list, you can see recently added programs.

Saw it was 117 F down in Sydney. Stay cool...

starflyr, Jan 9, 2018
  5. LMiller7 Win User
    Windows does not log application use.

LMiller7, Jan 9, 2018
  6. nt62 Win User
    If you are concerned about accounts, you should probably close your accounts and password protect them.
    Set your use separately and password protected.
    Then, set up a separate user account for your friend. Do you trust?

There is nothing safe about being online.
    The MS Windows 10 privacy statement is quite revealing.

Add Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Is there a way for me to see what my friend was doing on my computer? [​IMG]

Is there a way for me to see what my friend was doing on my computer? [​IMG]

nt62, Jan 9, 2018
  7. nt62 Win User
    nt62, Jan 9, 2018
  8. vram Win User

Open file explorer and see what files were recently accessed.

Set up a guest account and password protect your account next time. Better yet, tell your friend to find their own PC.

vram, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there a way for me to see what my friend was doing on my computer? - Similar Threads - friend was doing

2. My friend broke his computer, and im not sure what to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My friend broke his computer, and im not sure what to do: My friend is running windows 10, he was stuck on the welcome screen for hours and so he thought it would be a great idea to factory reset his pc, now it goes through the fresh start and after all the questions, it says its not connected to the internet and then says just a...
  3. My friend broke his computer, and im not sure what to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My friend broke his computer, and im not sure what to do: My friend is running windows 10, he was stuck on the welcome screen for hours and so he thought it would be a great idea to factory reset his pc, now it goes through the fresh start and after all the questions, it says its not connected to the internet and then says just a...
  4. My friend broke his computer, and im not sure what to do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. What happened to my friend's old computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to my friend's old computer: My friend on scratch.mit.edu/users/WindowsNTPowershell Once had a blue screen of death. It all started when he was playing Roblox and suddenly his screen flashed green, blue, and red, His screen went black for 1 minute then a BSOD showed up. he forgot the error code and I...
  6. What happened to my friend's old computer

What happened to my friend's old computer: My friend on scratch.mit.edu/users/WindowsNTPowershell Once had a blue screen of death. It all started when he was playing Roblox and suddenly his screen flashed green, blue, and red, His screen went black for 1 minute then a BSOD showed up. he forgot the error code and I...
  7. What happened to my friend's old computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How my friends can see what am I doing on my laptop without get detected.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How my friends can see what am I doing on my laptop without get detected.: Hi. Last week, my friend just say that he can see what I do on my laptop. Yes it's real, he even recorded and show it to me, everything I do, even including the lock screen, cmd prompt is shown on his computer.I quickly uninstall Teamviewer my most suspicious one, keep...
  9. Any app that lets me see what my computer is doing at any given time ?

Any app that lets me see what my computer is doing at any given time ?: I used to have an app on Win7 called "Whats my computer doing". I fired it up and it told me what processes were active and what process was accessing my hard drive at that point in time. Sometimes there are moment when my hard drive is whirring , or that my memory is...
  10. How do I see what my friend was up to on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I see what my friend was up to on my laptop?: I let my friend use my laptop today (windows 10) for about half an hour while I was out. Later when he had gone home, I went on to "recent files" in file explorer to continue writing a document I had been working on earlier. However, I discovered that there were no files...