Windows 10: Is there a way to change the connected Windows Search account?

Discus and support Is there a way to change the connected Windows Search account? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can't, for the life of me, find a way to change the account associated with Windows Search. My OneDrive is associated with a different account so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dreamerlax, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Is there a way to change the connected Windows Search account?

/u/Dreamerlax, Dec 3, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Windows search showing wrong connected account in search settings

I'm on Windows 10 Pro 1903 using a local account that has multiple Microsoft accounts added to the email/calendar app.

However on the new windows search, in the menu located on the top right hand corner next to feedback, it is showing connected accounts and there is one of the accounts that is signed into the email/calendar app.

However I would like to use a different account to be connected to my search.

Is there a way to change the connected account in the search menu?

I know I can change it to the particular account I want to use if I sign into my PC using that Microsoft account, but I would prefer to keep using a local account.

RamboMcMutNutts, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Nielsc Win User

Is there a way to change the connected Windows Search account?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

OK found the solution, a classic workaround:

Go to US Proxy List - Free Proxy List
    Pick a proxy with SSL
    Set it as proxy in Control Panel | Internet Options | Connections | LAN Settings
    Test it by going to google.com
    If you do NOT see a "Use Google.xxxx" (xxxx is a contry-specific TLD such as .co.th, .co.uk, etc) then you can go to next step
    If you DO see a "Use Google.xxxx" (xxxx is a contry-specific TLD such as .co.th, .co.uk, etc) then try another proxy

Next step:
    Now you can follow the standard switch of search engine as per here:
    Microsoft Edge Search Engine - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Basically unless Google sees you as being in the USA it will force the localized google search engine URL on you, like it or not.

Nielsc, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Is there a way to change the connected Windows Search account?

1. Is there a way to change the connected Windows Search account? - Similar Threads - change connected Search

2. Is there a way to speed up a security account change?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to speed up a security account change?: I got hacked and I changed my security back to me but I can't access what thay did or my security for 30 DAYS is there a way to speed up this process I need my account back under my full control.Ps: the hacker used this email if you can find enything about them please tell me...
  3. Is there a way to speed up a security account change?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to speed up a security account change?: I got hacked and I changed my security back to me but I can't access what thay did or my security for 30 DAYS is there a way to speed up this process I need my account back under my full control.Ps: the hacker used this email if you can find enything about them please tell me...
  4. Is there any way to change the Microsoft account assosciated with the admin account on...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is there any way to change the Microsoft account assosciated with the admin account on...: Whilst setting up my father's computer, I made a mistake and connected the wrong Microsoft Account. I now want to connect his Microsoft account, without needing to make a new User or changing the settings. Is that possible or will I need to make a new user and back-up the...
  5. Microsoft account hacked and email changed an no way of changing it back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account hacked and email changed an no way of changing it back.: Back in October of 2022, during the microsoft info breach my account was hacked and my email was changed. I have done the recovery form and was able to confirm that I own the account, but every time i go to change the password it says the account does not exist. I cannot get...
  6. Is there a way to change the appearance of Windows 10 search box to dark?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change the appearance of Windows 10 search box to dark?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/R0NFY [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mbxlrm/is_there_a_way_to_change_the_appearance_of/
  7. Is there a way to change the primary account to the guest account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change the primary account to the guest account?: When I write "/net user" in CMD the account I want to delete is a "WDAGutilityaccount" while the account I always use is shown as guest. I have tried everything to delete the account but because it seems like it is the main account it can't be deleted. I want to leave only...
  8. Is there a way to change which Microsoft account is linked to an Windows 10 account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to change which Microsoft account is linked to an Windows 10 account?: During my scholar ship I was provided an student account, but since I've finished it , that account doesn't exist anymore. I can still use it to log into my computer, but it would be easier if I could make so the W10 account "forget" which Micrososft account it's linked to,...
  9. Windows search showing wrong connected account in search settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows search showing wrong connected account in search settings: I'm on Windows 10 Pro 1903 using a local account that has multiple Microsoft accounts added to the email/calendar app. However on the new windows search, in the menu located on the top right hand corner next to feedback, it is showing connected accounts and there is one of...
  10. Is there a Simple way to Change User Account/Name?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is there a Simple way to Change User Account/Name?: I know there are many things that are suggested but I wonder if there is a simple way to do this. We just got our new Windows 10 Pro laptop yesterday and it was set up with an MS username and junk password. It then created a username in the USER directory and, all programs...