Windows 10: Is there a way to change what closing the lid does beyond the default settings of just...

Discus and support Is there a way to change what closing the lid does beyond the default settings of just... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What I would like to do, is just have my device log off when the lid is closed, but still remain on. Has anyone figured out how to do this? I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrielleShepard, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Is there a way to change what closing the lid does beyond the default settings of just...

What I would like to do, is just have my device log off when the lid is closed, but still remain on.

Has anyone figured out how to do this?

I'm running windows 10 education and windows 10 enterprise

:)

BrielleShepard, Jun 3, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Closing my laptop lid

Hello Dove, and welcome to Ten Forums. Is there a way to change what closing the lid does beyond the default settings of just... :)

You might see if setting the default lid close action to either "Sleep" or "Hibernate" may work better for you.

Change Lid Close Default Action in Windows 10

Brink, Jun 3, 2019
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    "Only show 2" defaults to "Duplicate these displays" upon closing and reopening laptop lid

Hi,

I would suggest to try the following steps and check if it helps

• Press the Win Key + X to display the
      system menu.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Power Options.

• On theleft side menu, select the Choose what closing the lid does option.

• Look in the Power and sleep buttons and lid settings section.

• Use the drop down menus in the
      When I close the lid section and select Do Nothing for both options.

I hope the information is helpful and if the error still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Is there a way to change what closing the lid does beyond the default settings of just...

Win 10 - computer won't lock or sleep when lid is closed

Hi Shari,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Select on Control Panel.

• Click on Power Options. On the left, click on "Choose what closing the lid does". Click on the drop down menu for "When I close the lid" and choose "Sleep" or "Hibernate.

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to
    reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Is there a way to change what closing the lid does beyond the default settings of just...

1. Is there a way to change what closing the lid does beyond the default settings of just... - Similar Threads - change closing lid

2. Is there any way where the laptop does not go to sleep when the lid is closed and it is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way where the laptop does not go to sleep when the lid is closed and it is...: I work in hybrid schedule where I want the laptop to stay awake when the lid is closed and it is connected to external monitor my WFH set-up and go the sleep when the lid is closed and the external monitor is not closed for when I am in office. Is there any way I can do this?...
  3. Is there any way where the laptop does not go to sleep when the lid is closed and it is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way where the laptop does not go to sleep when the lid is closed and it is...: I work in hybrid schedule where I want the laptop to stay awake when the lid is closed and it is connected to external monitor my WFH set-up and go the sleep when the lid is closed and the external monitor is not closed for when I am in office. Is there any way I can do this?...
  4. i cant change what closing lid does pls help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant change what closing lid does pls help: i alrdy tried some things but it did not workits say "some setting are managed by your system adminstrator but i dont have an adminstratorthank you for helping:...
  5. i cant change what closing lid does pls help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant change what closing lid does pls help: i alrdy tried some things but it did not workits say "some setting are managed by your system adminstrator but i dont have an adminstratorthank you for helping:...
  6. Closing laptop lid does nothing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Closing laptop lid does nothing: I have tried changing the settings in control panels, updated all the drivers and even clean installed a new copy of windows 10 but nothing seems to work. The thing is the laptop goes to sleep when power button is pressed but does nothing when the lid is closed. I have an HP...
  7. Setting the action when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Setting the action when lid is closed: Is it possible to set this action to shut down, sleep or hibernate the computer? What is the effect on battery life of sleep or hibernate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-the-action-when-lid-is-closed/7841bd04-51d2-4421-93bc-0bb887938c54
  8. Display Closing Lid and Power Settings

Display Closing Lid and Power Settings: I was wondering about if there was any way for a setting to be changed so that: -If my computer is hooked up to a display (monitor), it would not sleep when I close the lid -If my computer is not hooked up to a display (monitor), it would sleep when I close the lid...
  9. laptop with lid closed won't change sleep settings

laptop with lid closed won't change sleep settings: Hello all, We use Dell laptops at my office. Power & Sleep settings under 'Sleep' are battery - sleep in 20 minutes, plugged in - sleep Never. Most of our users have the laptops in a docking station (Dell Latitude E-series dock) or use a USB-C/Thunderbolt dock (Dell WD19TB)...
  10. Change Lid Close Default Action in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Lid Close Default Action in Windows 10: How to: Change Lid Close Default Action in Windows 10 How to Change Default Action of Closing Lid in Windows 10 The Power Options lets users specify the default action to take when the laptop (system) lid is closed. Users can specify one of the following actions to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. choose what happens when you close the lid windows 10