Windows 10: Is there a way to know if the computer restarted by itself overnight?

Discus and support Is there a way to know if the computer restarted by itself overnight? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer would occasionally make a short buzz sound (1/2 second), then get a blue screen and restarts. I took everything apart and found my video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lenberman, Jul 13, 2017.

1. lenberman Win User

Is there a way to know if the computer restarted by itself overnight?

My computer would occasionally make a short buzz sound (1/2 second), then get a blue screen and restarts. I took everything apart and found my video card, Nvida GeForce GTX 660, to be full of dust. I took it apart and cleaned it. Now, I want to know if it is fixed, and I'll know if the computer no longer goes blue screen and restarts. But if it goes blue and restarts while I'm asleep, how will I know. I generally run it 24/7 but restart the system weekly to refresh the RAM (32GB)

Len

:)

lenberman, Jul 13, 2017

2. Anyone know if there is a way to print mulitpule textmessages off this site?? I NEED THEM FOR COURT :/

I searched for the persons name, and all related text messages came up, but I can seem to figure out how to print them-- and easy ideas??

Thank you!!!

LaurenJacob, Jul 13, 2017
  3. Anyone know if there is a way to print mulitpule textmessages off this site?? I NEED THEM FOR COURT :/

There is no easy and nice way to print off text messages that are stored on your My Phone web page. You could sync the text messages back to your phone and then there is some software, like
    Jeyo Mobile Companion, you could get that would let you sync the messages to your computer. Once on your computer you could print them.

Julie fka profjulie, Jul 13, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Samuria, Jul 13, 2017
  5. lenberman Win User
    Thank you for your prompt and accurate answer. - Len

lenberman, Jul 13, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    In the Event Log look at System under Windows logs. A bluescreen will produce Event ID: 1001, Source: BugCheck.

You can filter the log to find all occurrences, in the right hand panel click Filter Current Log and tick 'BugCheck' in the drop-down list for 'Event sources'.

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there a way to know if the computer restarted by itself overnight? - Similar Threads - computer restarted itself

2. Windows keeps shutting itself down overnight

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows keeps shutting itself down overnight: I am having an issue whereby my PC is consistently shutting itself down overnight without my permission, I believe the source of the problem is the PC attempting unsuccessfully to install Windows Updates. I can see from my'Windows Update settings' utility that some updates...
  3. Computer experiencing BSOD and restarting itself.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer experiencing BSOD and restarting itself.: Error 1A couple weeks back I upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10 on my MacBook pro through Bootcamp Assistant. I downloaded some software for my work such as: Autocad, Sketchup, Vray, WinRAR, Foxit PhantomPDF, CCleaner and Microsoft 365. Ever since then my PC has been...
  4. My computer broke itself overnight??? (Network Adapters)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer broke itself overnight??? (Network Adapters): I can't connect to the internet on my computer anymore (using my phone). I tried everything I could find online like messing around with a few commands in command prompt, deleting network devices from Device Managers and scanning hardware changes. The only adapter present are...
  5. Laptop reboots itself after an overnight sleep.

Laptop reboots itself after an overnight sleep.: So I have been experiencing this problem with my laptop lately, where I would leave my laptop sleep overnight and open the next morning. But when I opened, the screen turns black, lights from the laptop is still blinking, usually, the screen would just greet me and ask for my...
  6. My computer restart by itself.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer restart by itself.: I work at my pc on a daily basis, usually working with mozila firefox, when suddenly the screen go black and the manufactures logo Lenovo come up. The computer become in the throws of a self induced restart. I'm using Windows 10 Home . Why does it restart by itself? How...
  7. PC Restarting Overnight

PC Restarting Overnight: Hi, looking for some advice on my PC. It has been restarting of its own accord intermittently over the last few nights. I've checked Update and it doesn't look like there have been Windows updates put through on either night. I'm running Windows 10 on a desktop PC and...
  8. The computer restarts itself

The computer restarts itself: Good morning, Dear Sir / Madam, yesterday I also installed Windows 10 Home on my officially licensed home computer, and when I wanted to install the Avast Premier antivirus software, I blew the desktop image and restarted it. I do not know which is the cause. I'm trying to...
  9. Computer freezing overnight

Computer freezing overnight: I've got a problem that I can't seem to figure out. . I leave my computers on 24/7. I never shut them down. Well, about 3-4 times each week, i'll wake up of a morning and one of my computers freezes over night. The other computer NEVER does it. Have any idea what could be the...
  10. Anyone know a way to restart Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone know a way to restart Cortana?: Anyone know a way to restart Cortana? I've tried to end task, turning off/on, trying to relearn voice and she doesn't speak. This happens every time after locking the pc or turning off my tv display and logging back in. 8206